996 Turbo / GT2 Turbo discussion on previous model 2000-2005 Porsche 911 Twin Turbo and 911 GT2.

Installed a set of GT3 Wheels *PIC*

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 01-07-2010, 02:40 PM
heavychevy Is a GOD !heavychevy Is a GOD !heavychevy Is a GOD !heavychevy Is a GOD !heavychevy Is a GOD !heavychevy Is a GOD !heavychevy Is a GOD !heavychevy Is a GOD !heavychevy Is a GOD !heavychevy Is a GOD !heavychevy Is a GOD !
Originally Posted by STEVE KOJASEVIC
i cant believe someoen who owns a porsche turbo would buy a knock off wheel

do you have any idea what could happen at high speeds ? are those wheels DOT approved ? are they forged ? were they x-ray'd for stress cracks ?

do yourself a favor and give back the porsche and pick up a g35 or something

sorry to sound like a jerk but the absolute last thing you want to go cheap on is a set of wheels/tires

thats the only thing that makes contact with the road

you do realize theres an enormous amount of weight on the back of your car right ? and the stress increases on one wheel while youre under load and cornering
Steve, I don't mean to be a *****, but you are the same guy who didn't change oil for 30k miles or something crazy like that so a more modest approach should be in order.

Old 01-07-2010, 03:22 PM
jhuang25 Is a GOD !jhuang25 Is a GOD !jhuang25 Is a GOD !jhuang25 Is a GOD !jhuang25 Is a GOD !jhuang25 Is a GOD !jhuang25 Is a GOD !jhuang25 Is a GOD !jhuang25 Is a GOD !jhuang25 Is a GOD !jhuang25 Is a GOD !
Wow, take it easy guys. OP has already stated he isn't planning on tracking with these. For normal day to day driving, I doubt it's going to be an issue. I had a set of CCW's that cracked from DE days... I would keep these off the track but they look great for the street.

Old 01-07-2010, 03:35 PM
ColoradoSilver has much to be proud ofColoradoSilver has much to be proud ofColoradoSilver has much to be proud ofColoradoSilver has much to be proud ofColoradoSilver has much to be proud ofColoradoSilver has much to be proud ofColoradoSilver has much to be proud ofColoradoSilver has much to be proud ofColoradoSilver has much to be proud of
Originally Posted by jhuang25
Wow, take it easy guys. OP has already stated he isn't planning on tracking with these. For normal day to day driving, I doubt it's going to be an issue. I had a set of CCW's that cracked from DE days... I would keep these off the track but they look great for the street.
Right on. If these are just for running around town and occasional highway use they should be fine. They do look great too.

If you're doing anything heavier duty than regular use, spend the extra coin.

Seems you got a good buy on these

Old 03-09-2010, 07:48 PM
BLKMGK Is a GOD !BLKMGK Is a GOD !BLKMGK Is a GOD !BLKMGK Is a GOD !BLKMGK Is a GOD !BLKMGK Is a GOD !BLKMGK Is a GOD !BLKMGK Is a GOD !BLKMGK Is a GOD !BLKMGK Is a GOD !BLKMGK Is a GOD !
Thumbs up

Oookay so Legend decided to go for something a bit more upscale and sold these to me - VERY smooth sale! I will try to post some better pics, especially when I get center caps, but for now here's one off my phone for those interested in what they might look like on a silver car. :-)

Same size in the rear for me only in 18, 10mm narrower up front (225). My previous wheels had 295s in the rear but the rim was still too wide and I wasn't sure a wider tire would fit on my car. So... these made sense for me. Still getting used to it but I think so far I like it

My thanks to Legend34 for a smooth sale and fast shipment. FedEx dinged one slightly but they were packed very well and I'm not sweating it.

Attached Images  
Old 03-09-2010, 08:04 PM
MrWhite has a reputation beyond reputeMrWhite has a reputation beyond reputeMrWhite has a reputation beyond reputeMrWhite has a reputation beyond reputeMrWhite has a reputation beyond reputeMrWhite has a reputation beyond reputeMrWhite has a reputation beyond reputeMrWhite has a reputation beyond reputeMrWhite has a reputation beyond reputeMrWhite has a reputation beyond reputeMrWhite has a reputation beyond repute
Car looks fast. Great combo.

Old 03-09-2010, 08:10 PM
BLKMGK Is a GOD !BLKMGK Is a GOD !BLKMGK Is a GOD !BLKMGK Is a GOD !BLKMGK Is a GOD !BLKMGK Is a GOD !BLKMGK Is a GOD !BLKMGK Is a GOD !BLKMGK Is a GOD !BLKMGK Is a GOD !BLKMGK Is a GOD !
Thank you! I am going to have to get used to it. I thought they looked damned nice on a white car and I think nice on mine as well. Poor car is pretty dirty though so no close ups :P