996 Turbo / GT2 Turbo discussion on previous model 2000-2005 Porsche 911 Twin Turbo and 911 GT2.

Pathetic view - Ruf RTurbo ownership

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 01-04-2010, 11:08 AM
911TurboS2 has a spectacular aura about911TurboS2 has a spectacular aura about911TurboS2 has a spectacular aura about
Pathetic view - Ruf RTurbo ownership

Folks-

This is rather self-indulgent, but I feel that this car is rather like owning a great piece of art - you never really own the art, you are just a steward. I have felt like this with other Porsches - like the 964Turbo S2 that I owned. Am I nuts? (this is a rhetorical question).

Thanks - Gerry

Old 01-04-2010, 11:32 AM
fdorn has much to be proud offdorn has much to be proud offdorn has much to be proud offdorn has much to be proud offdorn has much to be proud offdorn has much to be proud offdorn has much to be proud offdorn has much to be proud offdorn has much to be proud of
I would be happy to 'steward' that great piece of art for you and relieve you of the burden....anytime.
Frank
Originally Posted by 911TurboS2
Folks-

This is rather self-indulgent, but I feel that this car is rather like owning a great piece of art - you never really own the art, you are just a steward. I have felt like this with other Porsches - like the 964Turbo S2 that I owned. Am I nuts? (this is a rhetorical question).

Thanks - Gerry

Old 01-04-2010, 11:38 AM
bmoores Is a GOD !bmoores Is a GOD !bmoores Is a GOD !bmoores Is a GOD !bmoores Is a GOD !bmoores Is a GOD !bmoores Is a GOD !bmoores Is a GOD !bmoores Is a GOD !bmoores Is a GOD !bmoores Is a GOD !
Its a special car indeed. Hard to truly appreciate a Ruf car unless you've driven or owned one though.

Old 01-04-2010, 12:09 PM
Gunther Is a GOD !Gunther Is a GOD !Gunther Is a GOD !Gunther Is a GOD !Gunther Is a GOD !Gunther Is a GOD !Gunther Is a GOD !Gunther Is a GOD !Gunther Is a GOD !Gunther Is a GOD !Gunther Is a GOD !
Having had the privilege of getting a tour of the Ruf Factory by Mr. and Mrs. Ruf I can say that the level of attention to detail is simply staggering. Watching an engine being broken in on the dyno was a real treat. But nothing nears the joy of being loaned an RT12 for the day. The autobahn is made to exercise these cars and I did just that. My Mother still gives me hell about our drive.

Old 01-04-2010, 12:13 PM
seth_horwitz Is a GOD !seth_horwitz Is a GOD !seth_horwitz Is a GOD !seth_horwitz Is a GOD !seth_horwitz Is a GOD !seth_horwitz Is a GOD !seth_horwitz Is a GOD !seth_horwitz Is a GOD !seth_horwitz Is a GOD !seth_horwitz Is a GOD !seth_horwitz Is a GOD !
Originally Posted by Gunther
My Mother ...
That's great.

Old 01-04-2010, 12:16 PM
Gunther Is a GOD !Gunther Is a GOD !Gunther Is a GOD !Gunther Is a GOD !Gunther Is a GOD !Gunther Is a GOD !Gunther Is a GOD !Gunther Is a GOD !Gunther Is a GOD !Gunther Is a GOD !Gunther Is a GOD !
What can I say we were visiting family and friends and we were running a little late. I guess it was the 320km pass of a few big rigs when she got really mad. She has never ridden in my TT since

Old 01-04-2010, 02:35 PM
seth_horwitz Is a GOD !seth_horwitz Is a GOD !seth_horwitz Is a GOD !seth_horwitz Is a GOD !seth_horwitz Is a GOD !seth_horwitz Is a GOD !seth_horwitz Is a GOD !seth_horwitz Is a GOD !seth_horwitz Is a GOD !seth_horwitz Is a GOD !seth_horwitz Is a GOD !
Yeah, most family members have boycotted my car as well. (And I don't even push it when I have passengers. They should see me when I'm alone.)

Old 01-04-2010, 02:44 PM
landjet Is a GOD !landjet Is a GOD !landjet Is a GOD !landjet Is a GOD !landjet Is a GOD !landjet Is a GOD !landjet Is a GOD !landjet Is a GOD !landjet Is a GOD !landjet Is a GOD !landjet Is a GOD !
Gunther, the gods of good fortune were smiling on you that day!

Old 01-04-2010, 02:51 PM
iLLM3 Is a GOD !iLLM3 Is a GOD !iLLM3 Is a GOD !iLLM3 Is a GOD !iLLM3 Is a GOD !iLLM3 Is a GOD !iLLM3 Is a GOD !iLLM3 Is a GOD !iLLM3 Is a GOD !iLLM3 Is a GOD !iLLM3 Is a GOD !
I have had mine for almost 3 years now, although I contemplated selling it SEVERAL TIME, I just cannot let it go! I am attached, it's flawless, it's beautiful, it's FAST, it's oh so soulful and you get the point!

Old 01-04-2010, 04:29 PM
Mikelly Is a GOD !Mikelly Is a GOD !Mikelly Is a GOD !Mikelly Is a GOD !Mikelly Is a GOD !Mikelly Is a GOD !Mikelly Is a GOD !Mikelly Is a GOD !Mikelly Is a GOD !Mikelly Is a GOD !Mikelly Is a GOD !
I think you made a serious mistake Gerry... You might have wanted to buy a Ferrari. They're meant for polishing... You bought a PORSCHE, which we all know is meant for DRIVING!!!

Worst thing you could ever do is let that car sit and not be driven (except in our "current" wonderful Washington Area weather and road conditions... Right now you get a pass... When spring comes, You need to drive that thing, and a lot, at a trackday event near me!

Mike

Originally Posted by 911TurboS2
Folks-

Thanks - Gerry

Old 01-04-2010, 04:58 PM
WOODTSTER Is a GOD !WOODTSTER Is a GOD !WOODTSTER Is a GOD !WOODTSTER Is a GOD !WOODTSTER Is a GOD !WOODTSTER Is a GOD !WOODTSTER Is a GOD !WOODTSTER Is a GOD !WOODTSTER Is a GOD !WOODTSTER Is a GOD !WOODTSTER Is a GOD !
RUF is the ultimate expressin of the marque

Originally Posted by Gunther
Having had the privilege of getting a tour of the Ruf Factory by Mr. and Mrs. Ruf I can say that the level of attention to detail is simply staggering. Watching an engine being broken in on the dyno was a real treat. But nothing nears the joy of being loaned an RT12 for the day. The autobahn is made to exercise these cars and I did just that. My Mother still gives me hell about our drive.
+1, I have been there twice (and also had a loaner overnight) and...

"If you have to ask, you wouldnt understand"

MK

Old 01-04-2010, 11:19 PM
They are very special creations for sure. I will own one some day!!!