996 Turbo / GT2 Turbo discussion on previous model 2000-2005 Porsche 911 Twin Turbo and 911 GT2.

psh noise

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 01-10-2010, 12:20 AM
mitcho168 is infamous around these parts
psh noise

hey guys what should i do ? if i want that psh noise. between shifts. but i am not looking for a blow off valve. i do not want my car to lag. or looose performance or reliability just want a nice psh noise between shifts what can i do? right now have a evo motorsport intake and a custom exhaust

Old 01-10-2010, 12:38 AM
Mad Ness has a brilliant futureMad Ness has a brilliant futureMad Ness has a brilliant futureMad Ness has a brilliant futureMad Ness has a brilliant futureMad Ness has a brilliant futureMad Ness has a brilliant futureMad Ness has a brilliant futureMad Ness has a brilliant futureMad Ness has a brilliant futureMad Ness has a brilliant future
some members here report some of the diverters make that noise.

i heard it a few times on my stockers, but it's really slight. Imagine the aftermarket diverters are similar, but an aftermarket exhaust would probably drown out the pshhh noise.

guessing only way is to vent to atmosphere if its the noise ur after. honestly dont think it makes a big difference in turbo response.

Old 01-10-2010, 03:50 AM
996TT_STEVO has a reputation beyond repute996TT_STEVO has a reputation beyond repute996TT_STEVO has a reputation beyond repute996TT_STEVO has a reputation beyond repute996TT_STEVO has a reputation beyond repute996TT_STEVO has a reputation beyond repute996TT_STEVO has a reputation beyond repute996TT_STEVO has a reputation beyond repute996TT_STEVO has a reputation beyond repute996TT_STEVO has a reputation beyond repute996TT_STEVO has a reputation beyond repute
you really don't want to do that Mitcho, but each to their own... just my opinion, this is what divides the men from the boys "Porsche and Jap cars"

Old 01-10-2010, 05:46 AM
Neil A has much to be proud ofNeil A has much to be proud ofNeil A has much to be proud ofNeil A has much to be proud ofNeil A has much to be proud ofNeil A has much to be proud ofNeil A has much to be proud ofNeil A has much to be proud of
Think Vivid do a set of dv's that vent half to atmosphere dont know how there will affect the way the car drives as your dumping air that has already been through the MAF sensor. I take it the guys running big turbos and blow through systems run blow off valves rather than re-circ to stop compressor shocking when running big boost.

Old 01-10-2010, 09:10 AM
Mad Ness has a brilliant futureMad Ness has a brilliant futureMad Ness has a brilliant futureMad Ness has a brilliant futureMad Ness has a brilliant futureMad Ness has a brilliant futureMad Ness has a brilliant futureMad Ness has a brilliant futureMad Ness has a brilliant futureMad Ness has a brilliant futureMad Ness has a brilliant future
Originally Posted by 996TT_STEVO
you really don't want to do that Mitcho, but each to their own... just my opinion, this is what divides the men from the boys "Porsche and Jap cars"
i dont think jap cars are for boys... just most of the good stuff never made it to the states...

that's right, big turbo/high boost systems generally use bov's

Old 01-10-2010, 09:24 AM
996TT_STEVO has a reputation beyond repute996TT_STEVO has a reputation beyond repute996TT_STEVO has a reputation beyond repute996TT_STEVO has a reputation beyond repute996TT_STEVO has a reputation beyond repute996TT_STEVO has a reputation beyond repute996TT_STEVO has a reputation beyond repute996TT_STEVO has a reputation beyond repute996TT_STEVO has a reputation beyond repute996TT_STEVO has a reputation beyond repute996TT_STEVO has a reputation beyond repute
There was no offense intended, what I meant was P cars hold a bit more class IMHO... nothing against Jap cars either, it's just that the majority of them make that silly noise when changing gear... I don't know but was there any P cars in Fast and Furious (I might be wrong)

Old 01-10-2010, 12:00 PM
emadelta86 has a reputation beyond reputeemadelta86 has a reputation beyond reputeemadelta86 has a reputation beyond reputeemadelta86 has a reputation beyond reputeemadelta86 has a reputation beyond reputeemadelta86 has a reputation beyond reputeemadelta86 has a reputation beyond reputeemadelta86 has a reputation beyond reputeemadelta86 has a reputation beyond reputeemadelta86 has a reputation beyond reputeemadelta86 has a reputation beyond repute
This makes a good PSH noise....

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1nivqbWDW0E

Old 01-10-2010, 12:36 PM
steve harris Is a GOD !steve harris Is a GOD !steve harris Is a GOD !steve harris Is a GOD !steve harris Is a GOD !steve harris Is a GOD !steve harris Is a GOD !steve harris Is a GOD !steve harris Is a GOD !steve harris Is a GOD !steve harris Is a GOD !
when i added kevins k16s to my car i had the great woosh sound it was great!!!! then i took the metal piping from the maf to the turbos of and replaced it with evos piping and the car performed way better but the woosh wad gone. i was told the the metal piping made woosh louder so that i could hear it.

i took my forge dvs out and tried evos but still no woosh i want it back !!!

Old 01-10-2010, 03:40 PM
Mpsuk is infamous around these parts
I just got the 50/50 vent to air and recirc dv from vivid racing, not fitted it yet cus gave some coilpack issue i have to get sorted. Tgis valve can be converted to full vent or full recirc in about ten seconds so will suit what you like either way

Old 01-10-2010, 09:17 PM
BLKMGK Is a GOD !BLKMGK Is a GOD !BLKMGK Is a GOD !BLKMGK Is a GOD !BLKMGK Is a GOD !BLKMGK Is a GOD !BLKMGK Is a GOD !BLKMGK Is a GOD !BLKMGK Is a GOD !BLKMGK Is a GOD !BLKMGK Is a GOD !
I'd say do BOV and a blow thru MAF. I for one LIKE the sound although I HATE BOV with whistles. I had to tune a guy's Supra for a week that had one of those and I swear I was about to tear it right off. Whoosh is fine but TWEEET is awful!

Old 01-10-2010, 10:13 PM
Dock (Atlanta) is just really niceDock (Atlanta) is just really niceDock (Atlanta) is just really niceDock (Atlanta) is just really niceDock (Atlanta) is just really nice
In some conditions my Turbo generates air noise between shifts...EVOMS Stage 2, Bailey DVs, and EP 2 Loud.

Old 01-10-2010, 10:56 PM
Basic Sponsor
John@SpeedTech Is a GOD !John@SpeedTech Is a GOD !John@SpeedTech Is a GOD !John@SpeedTech Is a GOD !John@SpeedTech Is a GOD !John@SpeedTech Is a GOD !John@SpeedTech Is a GOD !John@SpeedTech Is a GOD !John@SpeedTech Is a GOD !John@SpeedTech Is a GOD !John@SpeedTech Is a GOD !
Baily's make the noise more than some of the other DV's...

2022 Cayenne White
former 1972 911T white, 1984 911 3.2 Targa black, 993 cab white, 993TT arena red, 993TT silver, 996TT speed yellow, 991.1 GT3 white
www.speedtechexhausts.com
info@speedtechexhausts.com
Testimonials facebook SpeedTech Exhaust Videos
Old 01-11-2010, 12:36 AM
mitcho168 is infamous around these parts
lol yeah i came from the jap scene but you think if i upgrade the diverter valves will make noise?

Old 01-11-2010, 02:44 AM
Exactly and that's why you like it Mitcho... if you like it do it!

Old 01-11-2010, 04:27 AM
i like the sound tials make

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: psh noise