996 Turbo / GT2 Turbo discussion on previous model 2000-2005 Porsche 911 Twin Turbo and 911 GT2.

Lightest 996TT Exhaust

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 01-12-2010, 07:35 AM
Mr. C4 is a splendid one to beholdMr. C4 is a splendid one to beholdMr. C4 is a splendid one to beholdMr. C4 is a splendid one to beholdMr. C4 is a splendid one to beholdMr. C4 is a splendid one to beholdMr. C4 is a splendid one to behold
Some of the pictured systems looks terrible with all the weld work and joints in order to make up a bend. I can understand why it is neccessary for the Ti systems but not for the SS.

Old 01-12-2010, 09:08 AM
996TT_STEVO has a reputation beyond repute996TT_STEVO has a reputation beyond repute996TT_STEVO has a reputation beyond repute996TT_STEVO has a reputation beyond repute996TT_STEVO has a reputation beyond repute996TT_STEVO has a reputation beyond repute996TT_STEVO has a reputation beyond repute996TT_STEVO has a reputation beyond repute996TT_STEVO has a reputation beyond repute996TT_STEVO has a reputation beyond repute996TT_STEVO has a reputation beyond repute
Maybe that is why JIC don't do the TI system anymore!!!

Old 01-12-2010, 10:56 AM
Former Vendor
Neil Switzer Is a GOD !Neil Switzer Is a GOD !Neil Switzer Is a GOD !Neil Switzer Is a GOD !Neil Switzer Is a GOD !Neil Switzer Is a GOD !Neil Switzer Is a GOD !Neil Switzer Is a GOD !Neil Switzer Is a GOD !Neil Switzer Is a GOD !Neil Switzer Is a GOD !
Its just the tips, some people like that look, and there are only a few ways to do radius bends that tight and keep the flow up.

Old 01-12-2010, 11:09 AM
Steve Theodore Is a GOD !Steve Theodore Is a GOD !Steve Theodore Is a GOD !Steve Theodore Is a GOD !Steve Theodore Is a GOD !Steve Theodore Is a GOD !Steve Theodore Is a GOD !Steve Theodore Is a GOD !Steve Theodore Is a GOD !Steve Theodore Is a GOD !Steve Theodore Is a GOD !
I assume you've ruled out Fabspeeds cat + straight pipe system already?

I'm also a weight weenie, so actively research exhaust weights. The JIC Ti exhaust, although definitely the right idea, is above the price point suggested by the OP. I definitely like what I see with Markski911 and the SpeedTech systems, and I can tell you that I've never heard any complaints about the Switzer systems either (and didn't realize that they could be so light...bonus!).

Old 01-12-2010, 11:33 AM
Former Vendor
Neil Switzer Is a GOD !Neil Switzer Is a GOD !Neil Switzer Is a GOD !Neil Switzer Is a GOD !Neil Switzer Is a GOD !Neil Switzer Is a GOD !Neil Switzer Is a GOD !Neil Switzer Is a GOD !Neil Switzer Is a GOD !Neil Switzer Is a GOD !Neil Switzer Is a GOD !
Our cats weigh 6lbs each and the tips are roughly 1.5. System with cats weighs ~45lbs IIRC. Its definitely heavier than some of the thin-wall systems out there but it is built to last using premium materials.

If you purchase the test pipes, aka cat deletes, those are 2.5lbs.

Old 01-12-2010, 11:36 AM
robertp has much to be proud ofrobertp has much to be proud ofrobertp has much to be proud ofrobertp has much to be proud ofrobertp has much to be proud ofrobertp has much to be proud ofrobertp has much to be proud ofrobertp has much to be proud of
I have seen Titanium exhaust crack when bent and not welded like the Switzer and JIC. All of the exhausts represented here look very, very good regarding quality. The JIC is $$$ costly but will hold up well on the track. Call Dan at Vivid, he had mine on his car for a while.

Old 01-12-2010, 05:51 PM
Former Vendor
Fabryce@GMGRacing Is a GOD !Fabryce@GMGRacing Is a GOD !Fabryce@GMGRacing Is a GOD !Fabryce@GMGRacing Is a GOD !Fabryce@GMGRacing Is a GOD !Fabryce@GMGRacing Is a GOD !Fabryce@GMGRacing Is a GOD !Fabryce@GMGRacing Is a GOD !Fabryce@GMGRacing Is a GOD !Fabryce@GMGRacing Is a GOD !Fabryce@GMGRacing Is a GOD !
We do make a Ti Version of our World Challenge GT system.

http://www.gmgracing.com/porsche_exh...t997tips.shtml

TI VERSION BELOW

Proven Power- No cracking - Great Sound - NO CEL Lights - 200 cell German made metal matrix cats.

We also have TI tips available.

Old 01-12-2010, 05:55 PM
robertp has much to be proud ofrobertp has much to be proud ofrobertp has much to be proud ofrobertp has much to be proud ofrobertp has much to be proud ofrobertp has much to be proud ofrobertp has much to be proud ofrobertp has much to be proud of
Originally Posted by Fabryce@GMGRacing
We do make a Ti Version of our World Challenge GT system.

http://www.gmgracing.com/porsche_exh...t997tips.shtml

TI VERSION BELOW

Proven Power- No cracking - Great Sound - NO CEL Lights - 200 cell German made metal matrix cats.

We also have TI tips available.

Very, very nice workmanship and quality. And you have to show it on a "Turbo S".

Old 01-26-2010, 09:48 AM
MoeMonney is infamous around these parts
How much drone does that gmg ti system have?

Old 01-26-2010, 10:21 AM
Former Vendor
Fabryce@GMGRacing Is a GOD !Fabryce@GMGRacing Is a GOD !Fabryce@GMGRacing Is a GOD !Fabryce@GMGRacing Is a GOD !Fabryce@GMGRacing Is a GOD !Fabryce@GMGRacing Is a GOD !Fabryce@GMGRacing Is a GOD !Fabryce@GMGRacing Is a GOD !Fabryce@GMGRacing Is a GOD !Fabryce@GMGRacing Is a GOD !Fabryce@GMGRacing Is a GOD !
Originally Posted by MoeMonney
How much drone does that gmg ti system have?

All systems exhibit some drone. Regardless of what anyone will tell you. I can honestly our system has very minimal drone due to the design of the cross over and the mufflers themselves.

If you are in the neighborhood stop by we usually have a car with a system on it you can have a ride or listen.

Let me know if you need any more info.

Old 01-26-2010, 10:22 AM
2muchtime has a reputation beyond repute2muchtime has a reputation beyond repute2muchtime has a reputation beyond repute2muchtime has a reputation beyond repute2muchtime has a reputation beyond repute2muchtime has a reputation beyond repute2muchtime has a reputation beyond repute2muchtime has a reputation beyond repute2muchtime has a reputation beyond repute2muchtime has a reputation beyond repute2muchtime has a reputation beyond repute
Originally Posted by Fabryce@GMGRacing
All systems exhibit some drone. Regardless of what anyone will tell you. I can honestly our system has very minimal drone due to the design of the cross over and the mufflers themselves.

If you are in the neighborhood stop by we usually have a car with a system on it you can have a ride or listen.

Let me know if you need any more info.
are there any sound clips available? inside cabin as well as take off?

Old 01-26-2010, 11:14 AM
Former Vendor
Originally Posted by 2muchtime
are there any sound clips available? inside cabin as well as take off?

The closest I have is the 997TT system which shares the same design and cats.. You can check this out on our website.

http://www.gmgracing.com/porsche_exhaust_gmg_wcgt.shtml

Old 01-26-2010, 12:10 PM
Hogapalooza has a reputation beyond reputeHogapalooza has a reputation beyond reputeHogapalooza has a reputation beyond reputeHogapalooza has a reputation beyond reputeHogapalooza has a reputation beyond reputeHogapalooza has a reputation beyond reputeHogapalooza has a reputation beyond reputeHogapalooza has a reputation beyond reputeHogapalooza has a reputation beyond reputeHogapalooza has a reputation beyond reputeHogapalooza has a reputation beyond repute
There are some great pics of some high quality work in this thread. If you have ever welded, fabricated anything in multiple pieces on a radius, and or both you would understand that these pics are of a beautiful thing! It is no wonder exhaust cost so much for 1 of these cars.

Old 01-26-2010, 02:22 PM
Originally Posted by 996TT_STEVO
Maybe that is why JIC don't do the TI system anymore!!!
Still selling the exhaust.

http://cross-na.com/ViewProduct.aspx?ProductID=97

Old 01-26-2010, 02:23 PM
Originally Posted by Neil Switzer
Its just the tips, some people like that look, and there are only a few ways to do radius bends that tight and keep the flow up.

Great looking tips.

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: Lightest 996TT Exhaust