996 Turbo / GT2 Turbo discussion on previous model 2000-2005 Porsche 911 Twin Turbo and 911 GT2.

Experience with Luxury Motors in Chicago?

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 12-15-2004, 06:16 AM
khaiser is infamous around these parts
Originally posted by Ferrarislave
Highland park is nice, What did you end up purchasing. ?

Luxury motors has a very big inventory and offers good prices and has an amazing downtown n.rush street showroom but there service isnt up to par. Im kind of skepitkal of buying from them because of all the horror stories.

The $650 a month for the LS430 or $550 for the Audi S4 V8 sounded like a very good deal.
Check the lease terms carefully, because they strech their leases to 60 months or more. That is why they can lease so cheap.
Their show room in downtown is amazing, everytime I am downtown chicago, I visit it. That place has me drooling.

Old 12-15-2004, 08:01 AM
LSM
LSM is a glorious beacon of lightLSM is a glorious beacon of lightLSM is a glorious beacon of lightLSM is a glorious beacon of lightLSM is a glorious beacon of lightLSM is a glorious beacon of light
Originally posted by khaiser
Lou, any truth to the matter that the owner pretty much stole the business from the previous owner? I have heard stories on how he aquired it, but never really much.
If in fact what I have heard is the truth, then the owner is a royal scum!!
Actually, I heard Joe Abbas(current owner) started with nothing and built Luxury Motors into a multi million dollar business. He is a great businessman, I just wouldn't touch their cars. They are known at the auctions to buy cars nobody will touch.

Lou

Old 12-15-2004, 08:34 AM
Originally posted by LSM
Actually, I heard Joe Abbas(current owner) started with nothing and built Luxury Motors into a multi million dollar business. He is a great businessman, I just wouldn't touch their cars. They are known at the auctions to buy cars nobody will touch.

Lou
Ok, I was just curious, because I have heard differently from other sources, (Including someone claiming that his family owned the dealer before) I don't want to go into details of what I heard on a public forum.

Old 12-15-2004, 10:14 AM
LSM
LSM is a glorious beacon of lightLSM is a glorious beacon of lightLSM is a glorious beacon of lightLSM is a glorious beacon of lightLSM is a glorious beacon of lightLSM is a glorious beacon of light
Ok, I was just curious, because I have heard differently from other sources, (Including someone claiming that his family owned the dealer before) I don't want to go into details of what I heard on a public forum.
Yea, who knows what's the truth and whats not. I can tell you one thing that is true, I would never buy a car from them

Lou

Old 12-15-2004, 05:30 PM
FineProperty is infamous around these parts
Picked up my '01 996tt there last month. 1400 miles back to Utah in about 15 hours.

Old 12-15-2004, 11:43 PM
LSM

Luxury motors has a very big inventory and offers good prices and has an amazing downtown n.rush street showroom but there service isnt up to par. Im kind of skepitkal of buying from them because of all the horror stories.

The $650 a month for the LS430 or $550 for the Audi S4 V8 sounded like a very good deal.
Of coarse they have good deals. If you go to an auction and buy a car for $5k under rough book becuase it has a story you can patch it together and the average guy won't know the car has body work everywhere. Think about it, when it sounds to good to be true its been my experience that it is. I am far to **** to buy a car from them. I know of a guy who returned two cars to them after putting a meter to both of the cars they sold him and seeing that both cars had every panel painted on them. Don't do it, I'm telling you. They are what's wrong with car dealers. Check out the BBB site and look for yourself, they have more complaints than I have ever seen. As far as that GT2 they wrecked, they had to come out of pocket to fix it because they can no longer obtain insurance.

Lou

Old 12-16-2004, 07:23 AM
Originally posted by LSM
Of coarse they have good deals. If you go to an auction and buy a car for $5k under rough book becuase it has a story you can patch it together and the average guy won't know the car has body work everywhere. Think about it, when it sounds to good to be true its been my experience that it is. I am far to **** to buy a car from them. I know of a guy who returned two cars to them after putting a meter to both of the cars they sold him and seeing that both cars had every panel painted on them. Don't do it, I'm telling you. They are what's wrong with car dealers. Check out the BBB site and look for yourself, they have more complaints than I have ever seen. As far as that GT2 they wrecked, they had to come out of pocket to fix it because they can no longer obtain insurance.

Lou
Lou, are they self insured for all their cars????? Man that is crazy because their inventory is outrageous.

Old 12-16-2004, 02:11 PM
LSM
Lou, are they self insured for all their cars????? Man that is crazy because their inventory is outrageous.
Well no, they are about to get dropped by their insurance and will soon be in real trouble. They paid out of pocket for the GT2 becuase the insurance company said they would drop them if they had another claim. I predict they will be completely uninsuable in 6 months. Wait and see.............

Lou

Old 12-16-2004, 02:21 PM
Originally posted by LSM
Well no, they are about to get dropped by their insurance and will soon be in real trouble. They paid out of pocket for the GT2 becuase the insurance company said they would drop them if they had another claim. I predict they will be completely uninsuable in 6 months. Wait and see.............

Lou

That could put them out of business. I don't think they have the ability to self insure their cars.

Old 12-16-2004, 09:34 PM
LSM

That could put them out of business. I don't think they have the ability to self insure their cars.
I don't want to wish ill will on anyone, but, knowing the people in the car biz that I know and seeing first hand their business practices, it may be for the good of all.

Lou

Old 12-17-2004, 12:11 AM
Banned
StephenTi is infamous around these parts
Old 12-17-2004, 10:30 AM
MCJ
MCJ is infamous around these partsMCJ is infamous around these parts
That guy must of had his guardian angel on board because he just missed getting a fire hydrant to the head.

Old 12-17-2004, 10:41 AM
fdb996c2 is infamous around these partsfdb996c2 is infamous around these parts
Wow. That picture is going to stay with me for a long time.

Attached Images  
Old 12-17-2004, 05:14 PM
Banned
Ferrarislave is infamous around these parts
Originally posted by LSM

Lou
Thanks for the heads up, I been to there dealer a few times. I will be able to tell if its repainted Im a detail freak. I test drove a SL600 from there before there cars seemed ok but I wasnt to sure I went to Knauz instead.

The insurence deal they have might be the end of them. ? How is Bentley Gold Coast doin ? Im sure they pay a pretty heft rent price for the downtown showroom they have a hell of an inventory to. I doubt all there cars are auction junkies..

Old 12-17-2004, 05:17 PM
20C4S has a reputation beyond repute20C4S has a reputation beyond repute20C4S has a reputation beyond repute20C4S has a reputation beyond repute20C4S has a reputation beyond repute20C4S has a reputation beyond repute20C4S has a reputation beyond repute20C4S has a reputation beyond repute20C4S has a reputation beyond repute20C4S has a reputation beyond repute20C4S has a reputation beyond repute
Originally posted by LSM

Lou
wow Lou, that's some strong words... biz like that sucks!

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 1 votes, 5.00 average.

Quick Reply: Experience with Luxury Motors in Chicago?