996 Turbo / GT2 Turbo discussion on previous model 2000-2005 Porsche 911 Twin Turbo and 911 GT2.

Experience with Luxury Motors in Chicago?

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 12-17-2004, 06:05 PM
LSM
LSM is a glorious beacon of lightLSM is a glorious beacon of lightLSM is a glorious beacon of lightLSM is a glorious beacon of lightLSM is a glorious beacon of lightLSM is a glorious beacon of light
Originally posted by 20C4S
wow Lou, that's some strong words... biz like that sucks!
Most people around Chicago know all about Luxury Motors. I jsut hate when people get hosed by them. I could write and write about all the shady things I've heard about Luxury Motors. I just didn't want to speak about things that I only heard about. That is why I only mentioned the guy I knew who bought two cars and both had every panel painted.

Lou

Old 12-18-2004, 09:12 AM
DAVE W is a splendid one to beholdDAVE W is a splendid one to beholdDAVE W is a splendid one to beholdDAVE W is a splendid one to beholdDAVE W is a splendid one to beholdDAVE W is a splendid one to beholdDAVE W is a splendid one to behold
A friend just bought a GT2 there (not the flipped one). He said the sales men were all a bit slippery, but he got a great deal on it, and it checked out very well by a local independent porsche repair shop. It was very clean and had no damage history.

Anybody moving the volume they have probably has a pretty wide spectrum of cars quality wise. I think you just need to be super carefull....but you should no matter where you buy from.

dave w

Old 12-20-2004, 12:51 AM
dlm477 is infamous around these parts
Nagold, if you want a perfect turbo, buy colorchange's because at any dealership even porsche dealership are 90% of the time not perfect. As for Luxury Motors, I know the owner and all the tacky "lebanese" salesman. There service is not good and business is unorganized (i hate driving into there lot) but thats the price you pay for great deals. Luxury Motors can offer low prices because yes some cars are rough but also due to there high volume. About half of their cars are rough auction cars but i think at least half are very clean. I have seen and driven,\ there turbos, gt2's, gt'3. Some have big dents on them which is really funny but some are mint. Make sure you have a porsche dealership insect it, carfax it, check for non factory paint, and have the porsche dealersip give you a service history to check for problems. They can also check to see how hard car was driven and if there were any mis shifts or over revs.

I have bought four cars that are mint from LM but i did my homework and test drove the cars for a weekend. I would highly reccomend Luxury Motors if you like to save a few grand and have the time to inspect and drive the cars. If you are serious about a turbo from LM, contact Robbie (head guy below owner who cuts the deals) and you can get car for $3-4k over invoice. If you don't trust them about price, let me know and I can help.

Old 12-20-2004, 02:53 AM
Banned
StephenTi is infamous around these parts
Good points...

I puchased my Turbo from Lux Motors as well. While browsing with Shank, I spoted my "Lambo Titantium Metallic" (Porsche Factory paint sampled) Turbo on the lot, and instantly fell in love.

Fortunately, the Turbo had just arrived from Manhatten Motor Cars, and Shank knew of the origin of the car as well as the mechanic who cared for the car. He placed a phone call for me, verified the history and condition, and the deal was closed.

My cousin also got a good deal on a mint CL55.

Not every car is a lemon on the lot... as long as you are knowledgeable and take every precaution available to you, you can walk out with a great deal on a great car from LM... do your homework, and never trust a sales person.

Old 12-20-2004, 10:25 PM
Banned
Ferrarislave is infamous around these parts
They do have some pretty nice deals, They do have some brand new cars as well. I seen a 2005 Audi A6 there with around 75 miles.

Are they just a big used car dealership or do they carry a certain brand of cars also. ?

Old 12-21-2004, 10:49 AM
dlm477 is infamous around these parts
Yes, they do get a lot of brand new cars. They are a certified Bentley dealer but carry just about every high line car. Luxury Motors is the same as Gold Coast Bentley in the city and Bentley Downers Grove, the original dealership.