996 Turbo / GT2 Turbo discussion on previous model 2000-2005 Porsche 911 Twin Turbo and 911 GT2.

Experience with Luxury Motors in Chicago?

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 12-14-2004, 06:01 PM
nagold252 is infamous around these parts
Question Experience with Luxury Motors in Chicago?

I have been looking for the proverbial perfect 2003 TT and went to see this high line dealer near Chicago. It was like a movie scene of hustling young car salesmen from hell. The owner was very polite but wanted my action NOW. I heard more Russian being spoken than any other langauage and I had my serious suspicions working overtime.

Has anyone had experience with the shop and their large inventory? Suggestions for working in this atmosphere?

Old 12-14-2004, 06:05 PM
Arm
Arm is infamous around these parts
Re: Experience with Luxury Motors in Chicago?

Originally posted by nagold252
I have been looking for the proverbial perfect 2003 TT and went to see this high line dealer near Chicago. It was like a movie scene of hustling young car salesmen from hell. The owner was very polite but wanted my action NOW. I heard more Russian being spoken than any other langauage and I had my serious suspicions working overtime.

Has anyone had experience with the shop and their large inventory?

Old 12-14-2004, 06:16 PM
PorschePhd has a reputation beyond reputePorschePhd has a reputation beyond reputePorschePhd has a reputation beyond reputePorschePhd has a reputation beyond reputePorschePhd has a reputation beyond reputePorschePhd has a reputation beyond reputePorschePhd has a reputation beyond reputePorschePhd has a reputation beyond reputePorschePhd has a reputation beyond reputePorschePhd has a reputation beyond reputePorschePhd has a reputation beyond repute
I did, and I have to say it was the single worst buying experience I have ever had. They are not about the customer. I was treated better buying my wife's T-Reg from the VeeDub dealer. I would never buy from them again.

Old 12-14-2004, 06:47 PM
LSM
LSM is a glorious beacon of lightLSM is a glorious beacon of lightLSM is a glorious beacon of lightLSM is a glorious beacon of lightLSM is a glorious beacon of lightLSM is a glorious beacon of light
They are not a high-line dealer!! They have high-line cars that were rough and fixed. I cannot stress enough, stay away!!

Lou

Old 12-14-2004, 06:48 PM
LSM
LSM is a glorious beacon of lightLSM is a glorious beacon of lightLSM is a glorious beacon of lightLSM is a glorious beacon of lightLSM is a glorious beacon of lightLSM is a glorious beacon of light
Re: Experience with Luxury Motors in Chicago?

Originally posted by nagold252

Has anyone had experience with the shop and their large inventory? Suggestions for working in this atmosphere?
BTW, PM colorchange, he has a super lean 2003 with low miles. Don't know if he sold it yet, but, it is a perfect car. They are not russian, they are syrian.

Lou

Old 12-14-2004, 07:56 PM
ColorChange is infamous around these parts
Here your proverbial '03 is

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/ws/eB...RK%3AMESE%3AIT

Thanks Lou.

Old 12-14-2004, 07:59 PM
khaiser is infamous around these parts
Originally posted by LSM
They are not a high-line dealer!! They have high-line cars that were rough and fixed. I cannot stress enough, stay away!!

Lou
Lou, any truth to the matter that the owner pretty much stole the business from the previous owner? I have heard stories on how he aquired it, but never really much.
If in fact what I have heard is the truth, then the owner is a royal scum!!

Old 12-14-2004, 08:30 PM
MCJ
MCJ is infamous around these partsMCJ is infamous around these parts
Several trips to their dealership and everytime I had a bad taste in my mouth about the way they run their business. I would never buy from them.

Old 12-14-2004, 08:56 PM
Banned
StephenTi is infamous around these parts
What's the story with the GT2... what a f'kn waste of a car...

Old 12-14-2004, 09:06 PM
khaiser is infamous around these parts
Originally posted by StephenTi
What's the story with the GT2... what a f'kn waste of a car...
Some 19yr old idiot was bringing the car to LM from Napleton Porsche, and he rolled it. According to him, he was only driving

The fire hydrant missed his head by 1inch.

Old 12-14-2004, 10:29 PM
Banned
Ferrarislave is infamous around these parts
Hmm I was thinking of maybe leasing a LS430 from them for $650 a month with $0 down.... I dont know they have good deals maybe there service sucks but there prices are right. I would not go there for service but just purchase or lease.

Old 12-14-2004, 10:42 PM
FineProperty is infamous around these parts
I just flew out to Chicago to pick up a car in Highland Park at the Porsche Exchange. I was treated very well, most professional dealership experience. After my test drive in the car, the salesman (Marty) made a point of getting my wheels rebalanced and sent me off to lunch in a Boxster S (tip). :-) No hype, and very knowledgable (he coached me out of the 997S I drove first).

Old 12-14-2004, 11:14 PM
Banned
Ferrarislave is infamous around these parts
Highland park is nice, What did you end up purchasing. ?

Luxury motors has a very big inventory and offers good prices and has an amazing downtown n.rush street showroom but there service isnt up to par. Im kind of skepitkal of buying from them because of all the horror stories.

The $650 a month for the LS430 or $550 for the Audi S4 V8 sounded like a very good deal.

Old 12-15-2004, 12:24 AM
techart 996 #3 is infamous around these parts
luxury motors

They always have a large inventory with very competetive prices. I bought my first porsche ( a carrera) from them and I just got a cl 500 for my mom from them (not delivered yet though). Ive only dealt with their salesmen and they are just like every other sales man Ive met at car delarships, too much talk. The carrera I got was not in the best condition but at the price I got it for, I didnt really expect an immaculate car. I ended up fixing a few things in the engine but nothing major. I suggest you do your homework before buying from LM or anywhere for that matter. Get a car fax and if you have time, go and check the car out. Im really curious to see how the cl 500 will turn out since I didnt have time to fly out there. Good luck!

Last edited by techart 996 #3; 12-15-2004 at 12:26 AM.
Old 12-15-2004, 01:02 AM
Basic Sponsor
markski@markskituning Is a GOD !markski@markskituning Is a GOD !markski@markskituning Is a GOD !markski@markskituning Is a GOD !markski@markskituning Is a GOD !markski@markskituning Is a GOD !markski@markskituning Is a GOD !markski@markskituning Is a GOD !markski@markskituning Is a GOD !markski@markskituning Is a GOD !markski@markskituning Is a GOD !
Luxury Motors apparently gives demos to salesmen for the weekends... they "roll" in them to and from "Tavern on Rush"... a popular hang out in downtown Chicago.... and Quietly sneek them back to the dealership b4 the owner even knows "whats up" on Monday morning. I've never bought from them... can't say anything negative. My rule of thumb is that I NEVER buy a a Porsche from a non authorized Porsche dealer. Just like I would never buy a Ferrari from a non Ferrari dealer. I made this mistake once... and it was a costly one. The Ferrari had a pulled check engine light so that I never knew the car was not functioning properly until I came home and the car was misfiring . My Ferrari was a dealer swap from Miami. Most of these "exotic car" dealers buy auction cars that are not serviced or maintained properly. They have relationships with other dealers and trade cars they only see on paper .. and not on the lot.... I laugh with my friend(salesman@Luxury) when he tells me how dealers inspect incoming exotics. He says" the only inspection a car gets is when it comes off the semi truck to the showroom floor." I experienced this first hand with my 355 spider a few years back... I wish I knew back then what I know now.
I must say that Luxury motors has an aggressive marketing campaign and they are very successful.
... just my 2 cents worth.

2001 996TT 3.6L and stock ECU
seconds @ 147.76 mph 1/4 mile
click to view
160 mph @ 9.77 seconds in 1/4 mile click to view
50% OFF ON PORSCHE ECU TUNING BLACK FRIDAY SPECIAL

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 1 votes, 5.00 average.

Quick Reply: Experience with Luxury Motors in Chicago?