996 Turbo / GT2 Turbo discussion on previous model 2000-2005 Porsche 911 Twin Turbo and 911 GT2.

Texas Mile: March 2010

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 01-18-2010, 01:26 PM
bmoores Is a GOD !bmoores Is a GOD !bmoores Is a GOD !bmoores Is a GOD !bmoores Is a GOD !bmoores Is a GOD !bmoores Is a GOD !bmoores Is a GOD !bmoores Is a GOD !bmoores Is a GOD !bmoores Is a GOD !
Originally Posted by TiALSport
Wasn't 800whp just touching 200mph last Oct in a 996?
It was, but so was I and I haven't even dyno'ed anywhere near 700whp.

Old 01-18-2010, 01:26 PM
bmoores Is a GOD !bmoores Is a GOD !bmoores Is a GOD !bmoores Is a GOD !bmoores Is a GOD !bmoores Is a GOD !bmoores Is a GOD !bmoores Is a GOD !bmoores Is a GOD !bmoores Is a GOD !bmoores Is a GOD !
Originally Posted by VividRacingTX
I'm never telling you another secret. You're out if the wolf pack.
And then there was one.

Old 01-18-2010, 01:51 PM
AtomicZ Is a GOD !AtomicZ Is a GOD !AtomicZ Is a GOD !AtomicZ Is a GOD !AtomicZ Is a GOD !AtomicZ Is a GOD !AtomicZ Is a GOD !AtomicZ Is a GOD !AtomicZ Is a GOD !AtomicZ Is a GOD !AtomicZ Is a GOD !
Originally Posted by WOODTSTER
My Prowler privaleges have been revoked, (Eric is bringing GT2 and Atomic Z, so
no room in trailer). I may take a run or two down the strip. I really want to go 200 mph and get my damn T-shirt.

Best,

Marty

Unfortunately the pimp-mobile is not making the trip. I am going to TX2K10 the week before so I will have the Z and the GT2 in the trailer. It is going to be a tight fit with all the tires, tools, parts and gas.

Marty - You know you are welcome to drive either/both of my cars down the strip. The Z will do 190ish with the tranny fixed. No way to hit 200 without the giggly juice or a big bad *** cam that barely idles in it (and that isn't going to happen this year). The GT2 should do 200 mph - but gotta go run it - you just never know.

Originally Posted by VividRacingTX
I'm never telling you another secret. You're out if the wolf pack.
LMFAO - I can see you in a long pimp coat and hat. Wolfpack........

Old 01-18-2010, 01:52 PM
Powell Is a GOD !Powell Is a GOD !Powell Is a GOD !Powell Is a GOD !Powell Is a GOD !Powell Is a GOD !Powell Is a GOD !Powell Is a GOD !Powell Is a GOD !Powell Is a GOD !Powell Is a GOD !
Originally Posted by TiALSport
Wasn't 800whp just touching 200mph last Oct in a 996?
All the 996's that were in the 195-200mph range make less than 700rwhp.

Speaking of the mile, Jake you going to make it down this event? This time stay in Houston and you can just caravan with us down there. We'll go get some of Texas's finest Tex Mex so you can say you've had the best Mexican food around LOL!

Old 01-18-2010, 04:00 PM
Mullet Is a GOD !Mullet Is a GOD !Mullet Is a GOD !Mullet Is a GOD !Mullet Is a GOD !Mullet Is a GOD !Mullet Is a GOD !Mullet Is a GOD !Mullet Is a GOD !Mullet Is a GOD !Mullet Is a GOD !
the Texas Mile should have 225+mph shirts this year (if you qualify).

Boom Boom Pow

Attached Images  
Old 01-18-2010, 04:03 PM
Nice Joe!

By the way I want to see that Cobra Jet Mustang. Do you ever drive it to any local car meets?

Old 01-18-2010, 04:06 PM
Mullet Is a GOD !Mullet Is a GOD !Mullet Is a GOD !Mullet Is a GOD !Mullet Is a GOD !Mullet Is a GOD !Mullet Is a GOD !Mullet Is a GOD !Mullet Is a GOD !Mullet Is a GOD !Mullet Is a GOD !
I might have someone drive it out to coffee and cars sometime soon.

my California Special is the super nice one of the 2. The CJ needs a repaint and some interior attention to be perfect.....it's nice but just not 100% like the California Special.

Last edited by Mullet; 01-18-2010 at 04:31 PM.
Old 01-18-2010, 08:13 PM
Nice. I'm looking to buy my first old muscle car and the late 60 mustangs are among my favorites. Love the 429 Boss.

Old 01-18-2010, 09:34 PM
BLKMGK Is a GOD !BLKMGK Is a GOD !BLKMGK Is a GOD !BLKMGK Is a GOD !BLKMGK Is a GOD !BLKMGK Is a GOD !BLKMGK Is a GOD !BLKMGK Is a GOD !BLKMGK Is a GOD !BLKMGK Is a GOD !BLKMGK Is a GOD !
Hrm, there much to do for spectators other than fry in the sun? Sounds like lots of walking at least I'd be tempted to maybe fly out and get a rental perhaps. Anyone from VA going? Might be fun putting names to faces!

Old 01-19-2010, 07:22 AM
Originally Posted by BLKMGK
Hrm, there much to do for spectators other than fry in the sun? Sounds like lots of walking at least I'd be tempted to maybe fly out and get a rental perhaps. Anyone from VA going? Might be fun putting names to faces!
Depending on my travel schedule and whether or not I think my car will do much better than last time I might end up being a spectator as well. I'm certainly not traveling from Virginia, but it is one of the coolest car events around. Plus you'll get to meet all the jokers of 6 speed. Think of it as the all star game.

Old 01-19-2010, 08:06 AM
TiALSport has a reputation beyond reputeTiALSport has a reputation beyond reputeTiALSport has a reputation beyond reputeTiALSport has a reputation beyond reputeTiALSport has a reputation beyond reputeTiALSport has a reputation beyond reputeTiALSport has a reputation beyond reputeTiALSport has a reputation beyond reputeTiALSport has a reputation beyond reputeTiALSport has a reputation beyond reputeTiALSport has a reputation beyond repute
Originally Posted by Powell
All the 996's that were in the 195-200mph range make less than 700rwhp.

Speaking of the mile, Jake you going to make it down this event? This time stay in Houston and you can just caravan with us down there. We'll go get some of Texas's finest Tex Mex so you can say you've had the best Mexican food around LOL!
not sure yet, but time will tell

Old 01-19-2010, 05:13 PM
OS Inspector Is a GOD !OS Inspector Is a GOD !OS Inspector Is a GOD !OS Inspector Is a GOD !OS Inspector Is a GOD !OS Inspector Is a GOD !OS Inspector Is a GOD !OS Inspector Is a GOD !OS Inspector Is a GOD !OS Inspector Is a GOD !OS Inspector Is a GOD !
Originally Posted by BLKMGK
cmon out ill be there as will alot of other from the forum and just enjoy the event lets hope no idiots flip their truck this time

Old 01-19-2010, 05:45 PM
That's a little harsh William!! That truck was that families pride and joy.

Old 01-19-2010, 07:35 PM
OS Inspector Is a GOD !OS Inspector Is a GOD !OS Inspector Is a GOD !OS Inspector Is a GOD !OS Inspector Is a GOD !OS Inspector Is a GOD !OS Inspector Is a GOD !OS Inspector Is a GOD !OS Inspector Is a GOD !OS Inspector Is a GOD !OS Inspector Is a GOD !
the owner wasnt driving, the truck was beautiful and well built i was sad until i heard someone jumped in it and wrecked it for the old man then i was a bit upset. Things do go wrong, that is sad and weve all seen it but it was clear before the truck ever made it to 2nd gear the driver couldn't handle it, at that point its when you decide your fate stay in it or back out.

i read the story it was his pride n joy i think it took 6 or 8 years for him to build it and someone else (IDIOT) wrecked it for him. i am curious to see how that panned out after the fact with the owner.

I hope that the family can rebuild a new truck for the guy that spent so many years on that one or the driver atleast found a way to repay him.

Last edited by OS Inspector; 01-19-2010 at 07:41 PM.
Old 01-19-2010, 07:36 PM
BlackHorseTurbo Is a GOD !BlackHorseTurbo Is a GOD !BlackHorseTurbo Is a GOD !BlackHorseTurbo Is a GOD !BlackHorseTurbo Is a GOD !BlackHorseTurbo Is a GOD !BlackHorseTurbo Is a GOD !BlackHorseTurbo Is a GOD !BlackHorseTurbo Is a GOD !BlackHorseTurbo Is a GOD !BlackHorseTurbo Is a GOD !
Originally Posted by OS Inspector
cmon out ill be there as will alot of other from the forum and just enjoy the event lets hope no idiots flip their truck this time

Ouch! Those people were nice. we were parked next to them.

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: Texas Mile: March 2010