996 Turbo / GT2 Turbo discussion on previous model 2000-2005 Porsche 911 Twin Turbo and 911 GT2.

Texas Mile: March 2010

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 01-19-2010, 07:40 PM
bmoores Is a GOD !bmoores Is a GOD !bmoores Is a GOD !bmoores Is a GOD !bmoores Is a GOD !bmoores Is a GOD !bmoores Is a GOD !bmoores Is a GOD !bmoores Is a GOD !bmoores Is a GOD !bmoores Is a GOD !
Very sad indeed.

Old 01-19-2010, 07:42 PM
OS Inspector Is a GOD !OS Inspector Is a GOD !OS Inspector Is a GOD !OS Inspector Is a GOD !OS Inspector Is a GOD !OS Inspector Is a GOD !OS Inspector Is a GOD !OS Inspector Is a GOD !OS Inspector Is a GOD !OS Inspector Is a GOD !OS Inspector Is a GOD !
i am glad that driver was in a well designed rollcage and hope he learned a valuable lesson.

Old 01-19-2010, 07:45 PM
bmoores Is a GOD !bmoores Is a GOD !bmoores Is a GOD !bmoores Is a GOD !bmoores Is a GOD !bmoores Is a GOD !bmoores Is a GOD !bmoores Is a GOD !bmoores Is a GOD !bmoores Is a GOD !bmoores Is a GOD !
Very sad indeed.

Old 01-19-2010, 07:45 PM
OS Inspector Is a GOD !OS Inspector Is a GOD !OS Inspector Is a GOD !OS Inspector Is a GOD !OS Inspector Is a GOD !OS Inspector Is a GOD !OS Inspector Is a GOD !OS Inspector Is a GOD !OS Inspector Is a GOD !OS Inspector Is a GOD !OS Inspector Is a GOD !
Originally Posted by VividRacingTX
Ouch! Those people were nice. we were parked next to them.
indeed Todd very nice folks my comment was for the driver that didn't build the truck that flipped it

Old 01-19-2010, 07:46 PM
ttboost Is a GOD !ttboost Is a GOD !ttboost Is a GOD !ttboost Is a GOD !ttboost Is a GOD !ttboost Is a GOD !ttboost Is a GOD !ttboost Is a GOD !ttboost Is a GOD !ttboost Is a GOD !ttboost Is a GOD !
Did we leave too early..What happened?

Old 01-19-2010, 07:48 PM
AtomicZ Is a GOD !AtomicZ Is a GOD !AtomicZ Is a GOD !AtomicZ Is a GOD !AtomicZ Is a GOD !AtomicZ Is a GOD !AtomicZ Is a GOD !AtomicZ Is a GOD !AtomicZ Is a GOD !AtomicZ Is a GOD !AtomicZ Is a GOD !
It was brutal to watch and very sad. I don't wish that on anyone.

Old 01-19-2010, 07:50 PM
the red 56 ford i think it was flipped 3-4 times after an out of control burnout with a guest driver who supposively was someone who had done top speed runs at bonneville, well he got the truck sidways let out of it, it slid off the tarmac into the grass the left side wheels dug n it flipped driver was okay, as it was a well designed roll cage but he destroyed a show truck that was not his and ruined a mans dream. in the end its just a truck but its not just a truck as we all know how we get attached to things we put years and years into

Old 01-19-2010, 07:58 PM
ttboost Is a GOD !ttboost Is a GOD !ttboost Is a GOD !ttboost Is a GOD !ttboost Is a GOD !ttboost Is a GOD !ttboost Is a GOD !ttboost Is a GOD !ttboost Is a GOD !ttboost Is a GOD !ttboost Is a GOD !
Originally Posted by OS Inspector
the red 56 ford i think it was flipped 3-4 times after an out of control burnout with a guest driver who supposively was someone who had done top speed runs at bonneville, well he got the truck sidways let out of it, it slid off the tarmac into the grass the left side wheels dug n it flipped driver was okay, as it was a well designed roll cage but he destroyed a show truck that was not his and ruined a mans dream. in the end its just a truck but its not just a truck as we all know how we get attached to things we put years and years into
So this happened at the starting line at lower speeds?

Old 01-19-2010, 08:01 PM
Originally Posted by ttboost
So this happened at the starting line at lower speeds?
he launched smoked the tires through 1st got it straightened out, truck banged out 2nd broke tires loose again wiggled left wiggled right he let out truck was 4 wheel sliding approx 50-60mph wiggled left again went off left side of tarmac wheels dug n barrel rolled, with one or so end over end n desrtoyed the truck..

heres a post from October about it with links to pics

https://www.6speedonline.com/forums/...5-post303.html

Last edited by OS Inspector; 01-19-2010 at 08:03 PM. Reason: link
Old 01-19-2010, 08:11 PM
just remember guys this isn't go kart racing these speeds anything can happen be safe and have your ducks ina row. I wish no harm to anyone and hope no accidents this year !

Old 01-19-2010, 08:14 PM
Originally Posted by OS Inspector
just remember guys this isn't go kart racing these speeds anything can happen be safe and have your ducks ina row. I wish no harm to anyone and hope no accidents this year !

Bummer. Glad I didn't see that. I'm not sure if I feel safer on my bike or in my car. The next weekend (after the Texas Mile) a guy at Maxton went down on a bike and didn't make it.

Old 01-19-2010, 08:37 PM
Former Vendor
Neil Switzer Is a GOD !Neil Switzer Is a GOD !Neil Switzer Is a GOD !Neil Switzer Is a GOD !Neil Switzer Is a GOD !Neil Switzer Is a GOD !Neil Switzer Is a GOD !Neil Switzer Is a GOD !Neil Switzer Is a GOD !Neil Switzer Is a GOD !Neil Switzer Is a GOD !
I don't know how those 'busa guys gather up the spirit to run their bikes so close to 250mph.. unbelievable.

That truck is a very sad ordeal, many people deposit the better part of their lives' work and time into things and to see them go wayside to an accident like that is a mentally debilitating occurrence..

Old 01-19-2010, 09:42 PM
BLKMGK Is a GOD !BLKMGK Is a GOD !BLKMGK Is a GOD !BLKMGK Is a GOD !BLKMGK Is a GOD !BLKMGK Is a GOD !BLKMGK Is a GOD !BLKMGK Is a GOD !BLKMGK Is a GOD !BLKMGK Is a GOD !BLKMGK Is a GOD !
Originally Posted by Neil Switzer
I don't know how those 'busa guys gather up the spirit to run their bikes so close to 250mph.. unbelievable.

That truck is a very sad ordeal, many people deposit the better part of their lives' work and time into things and to see them go wayside to an accident like that is a mentally debilitating occurrence..
I can attest to this somewhat having had my pride and joy destroyed by a moron myself. Made worse by a large company that self insured refusing to do the right thing. 3 years of legal wrangling, lawyers, and more soured me pretty good. I am only JUST now beginning to get back into it. This cost me a pile of cash, many sleepless nightmarish nights, flashbacks, and probably did a good bit to torpedo a long-term relationship too. A happy camper I was NOT and it's still quite the hot button for me!

I am quite sure that the owner of this truck is upset still. I hope that he has been able to get back onto his feet and that others have helped him do so.. Losing a thing isn't the same as losing a life by any stretch but when you spend hundreds of hours working on it and through an act of stupdity it's TAKEN from you you cannot help but be traumatized by it. The second guessing of decisions made can haunt you, letting go is quite difficult....

BTW - stated value insurance for some of the higher dollar cars here with big bux sunk into them as well as a professional appraisal would be a VERY wise investment....

Old 01-19-2010, 11:05 PM
drjoe is a jewel in the roughdrjoe is a jewel in the roughdrjoe is a jewel in the roughdrjoe is a jewel in the rough
that truck had an insane amount of hp...some one correct me if im wrong but over 1500hp?

Old 01-19-2010, 11:24 PM
art4iza Is a GOD !art4iza Is a GOD !art4iza Is a GOD !art4iza Is a GOD !art4iza Is a GOD !art4iza Is a GOD !art4iza Is a GOD !art4iza Is a GOD !art4iza Is a GOD !art4iza Is a GOD !art4iza Is a GOD !
Dead on right.

Originally Posted by drjoe
that truck had an insane amount of hp...some one correct me if im wrong but over 1500hp?

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: Texas Mile: March 2010