996 Turbo / GT2 Turbo discussion on previous model 2000-2005 Porsche 911 Twin Turbo and 911 GT2.

My car is running so well...1/4 drag VIDEO inside

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 01-18-2010, 10:12 AM
BlackHorseTurbo Is a GOD !BlackHorseTurbo Is a GOD !BlackHorseTurbo Is a GOD !BlackHorseTurbo Is a GOD !BlackHorseTurbo Is a GOD !BlackHorseTurbo Is a GOD !BlackHorseTurbo Is a GOD !BlackHorseTurbo Is a GOD !BlackHorseTurbo Is a GOD !BlackHorseTurbo Is a GOD !BlackHorseTurbo Is a GOD !
My car is running so well...1/4 drag VIDEO inside

I decided to enter into the drag race event at the Import Face Off here in Houston yesterday. I was running my DR'S at 20lbs and 1.2 to 1.44 boost.

There were 20 cars in my class. Mainly Evo's, Sti's and Turbo Honda Civics made up the rest. I was the only Porsche, go figure. This track will not allow passes of 10.99s or better and traps over 135 with out a welded in cage (I have the Techquipment 4 point cage). So, I decided to dial it back and run as close to 11 as possible. They allowed 3 qualifying passes. On the first pass, I was at 1.2 bar and let off before the traps and ran a 11.5s at 125mph. I ended up the #1 seed with a 10.97s at 132 with a red lighted weak start. My 60' times were 1.9 and 2.0 usually with a 2500rpm launch.

An official came to me after that 10 second pass and checked my cage "again". He decided it was "ok". Never having seen a Porsche at the strip, he also asked me to pop the hood and pointed to the front to check the engine.

For eliminations, they lined me up against the #16 seed and I beat him. Then, I moved past the second round. There were so many cars in other classes as well as tons of pesky bikes. Wait time in between "hot laps" was an hour or more. Just as I was about to run my 3rd elimination run, a car in the race ahead of me lost it and hit BOTH walls....

After some time, during clean up, (the driver was not hurt) I decided to bail and I left. I know I had the last 2 races in the bag but I had another commitment. The prize was $300. Oh well, had a great time.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qaAzh...layer_embedded

Old 01-18-2010, 10:16 AM
ttboost Is a GOD !ttboost Is a GOD !ttboost Is a GOD !ttboost Is a GOD !ttboost Is a GOD !ttboost Is a GOD !ttboost Is a GOD !ttboost Is a GOD !ttboost Is a GOD !ttboost Is a GOD !ttboost Is a GOD !
Pesky bikes

Old 01-18-2010, 10:22 AM
BlackHorseTurbo Is a GOD !BlackHorseTurbo Is a GOD !BlackHorseTurbo Is a GOD !BlackHorseTurbo Is a GOD !BlackHorseTurbo Is a GOD !BlackHorseTurbo Is a GOD !BlackHorseTurbo Is a GOD !BlackHorseTurbo Is a GOD !BlackHorseTurbo Is a GOD !BlackHorseTurbo Is a GOD !BlackHorseTurbo Is a GOD !
Originally Posted by ttboost
Pesky bikes
I knew you'd pick up on that..

Old 01-18-2010, 10:25 AM
ttboost Is a GOD !ttboost Is a GOD !ttboost Is a GOD !ttboost Is a GOD !ttboost Is a GOD !ttboost Is a GOD !ttboost Is a GOD !ttboost Is a GOD !ttboost Is a GOD !ttboost Is a GOD !ttboost Is a GOD !
I'll go ahead and let that slide......for now...

So the car seems to run BETTER with full exhaust than with open pipes or open catless pipes?

Old 01-18-2010, 10:41 AM
yes, my 1/8 mile trap picked up almost 3 mph from 102 to 104.48 but since I didn't keep my foot in it, I didn't get a great 1/4mile trap... I still haven't run a 60-130 at FULL boost yet. Hopefully this weekend. The weather here this week is low 70's so, not ideal.

Old 01-18-2010, 10:51 AM
What's with the 1.9-2.0 60ft's? Do you brake boost when you launch?

Old 01-18-2010, 11:11 AM
Not this time. Normally I run it up over 3000 before I launch. I was trying to keep it over 10.99s.. I raced this Civic with a wicked launch and allegedly 525whp. I didn't catch him until the 1/8 mile.
Look how he jumped on me. I swear he was 2-3 lengths ahead of me at the 1/8th but by the end I had 3-4 lengths on him. My stats are on the right.

Last edited by BlackHorseTurbo; 01-18-2010 at 11:46 AM.
Old 01-18-2010, 11:33 AM
art4iza Is a GOD !art4iza Is a GOD !art4iza Is a GOD !art4iza Is a GOD !art4iza Is a GOD !art4iza Is a GOD !art4iza Is a GOD !art4iza Is a GOD !art4iza Is a GOD !art4iza Is a GOD !art4iza Is a GOD !
Nice video Todd and looks like the P car was owning it there. Glad you represented our community well

Old 01-18-2010, 11:34 AM
If you weren't taking a nap, you woulda beat him...

Old 01-18-2010, 11:45 AM
I did beat him. My stats are on the right.

Old 01-18-2010, 11:52 AM
OK, OK, OK... you beat the Honda by 2-1/2 tenths... (sorry had to)

Old 01-18-2010, 12:05 PM
Boltz. is infamous around these parts
Running a 2.0 60' and still managing an 11.1 - Priceless

Are those pilot sport cups?

Old 01-18-2010, 12:11 PM
Originally Posted by Boltz.
Running a 2.0 60' and still managing an 11.1 - Priceless

Are those pilot sport cups?

Thanks, I'm running Nitto555r Drag Radials in RWD with Sumitomo's up front at the drag strip.

Old 01-18-2010, 12:14 PM
Originally Posted by VividRacingTX
Thanks, I'm running Nitto555r Drag Radials in RWD with Sumitomo's up front at the drag strip.
What air pressures...(and then I'll get a ladder and get of your back)

Old 01-18-2010, 12:15 PM
Powell Is a GOD !Powell Is a GOD !Powell Is a GOD !Powell Is a GOD !Powell Is a GOD !Powell Is a GOD !Powell Is a GOD !Powell Is a GOD !Powell Is a GOD !Powell Is a GOD !Powell Is a GOD !
Originally Posted by VividRacingTX
"Sumitomo tires and they gotta be run flats" - Big Tymers!

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: My car is running so well...1/4 drag VIDEO inside