996 Turbo / GT2 Turbo discussion on previous model 2000-2005 Porsche 911 Twin Turbo and 911 GT2.

Excellence Shootout article is a HUGE POS

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 12-16-2004, 04:39 PM
PaulKam is infamous around these parts
Excellence Shootout article is a HUGE POS

First off. let me start by congragulation ALL of the participants of the 996tt shoot-out.
My hat goes off to each and everyone of you for all the hard work and $$$ it takes to put one of these cars together.

Now to the good stuff!!!

what a peice of **** article!!! did anyone notice anything missing from the article????? How about there isn't a stich of info written about the MODS on any of the cars!!!!!!!!

i kept looking for another page somewhere else in the magazine listing the upgrades and mods made to all the cars that competed. again i dont mean to take anything away from those who attended...but WTF. im sure all the guys from EVO are real nice guys and they deserved the win BUT WHAT THE HELL WAS DONE TO ALL OF THESE CARS??????????? isnt that the true focus of such an article??? maybe im wrong..... uh NO!

just my opinion
Paul

Old 12-16-2004, 06:08 PM
HotRodGuy Is a GOD !HotRodGuy Is a GOD !HotRodGuy Is a GOD !HotRodGuy Is a GOD !HotRodGuy Is a GOD !HotRodGuy Is a GOD !HotRodGuy Is a GOD !HotRodGuy Is a GOD !HotRodGuy Is a GOD !HotRodGuy Is a GOD !HotRodGuy Is a GOD !
typical magazine stuff, none of them get as technical as most would like.

Old 12-16-2004, 06:16 PM
20C4S has a reputation beyond repute20C4S has a reputation beyond repute20C4S has a reputation beyond repute20C4S has a reputation beyond repute20C4S has a reputation beyond repute20C4S has a reputation beyond repute20C4S has a reputation beyond repute20C4S has a reputation beyond repute20C4S has a reputation beyond repute20C4S has a reputation beyond repute20C4S has a reputation beyond repute
Originally posted by Soon2be993tt
typical magazine stuff, none of them get as technical as most would like.
Yo, check the 996 board... peter is looking for u!

out of my range is ur gain!

sorry for hijacking the thread

Old 12-16-2004, 09:43 PM
Banned
BlackBear has much to be proud ofBlackBear has much to be proud ofBlackBear has much to be proud ofBlackBear has much to be proud ofBlackBear has much to be proud ofBlackBear has much to be proud ofBlackBear has much to be proud ofBlackBear has much to be proud ofBlackBear has much to be proud of
Re: Excellence Shootout article is a HUGE POS

Originally posted by PaulKam
First off. let me start by congragulation ALL of the participants of the 996tt shoot-out.
My hat goes off to each and everyone of you for all the hard work and $$$ it takes to put one of these cars together.

Now to the good stuff!!!

what a peice of **** article!!! did anyone notice anything missing from the article????? How about there isn't a stich of info written about the MODS on any of the cars!!!!!!!!

i kept looking for another page somewhere else in the magazine listing the upgrades and mods made to all the cars that competed. again i dont mean to take anything away from those who attended...but WTF. im sure all the guys from EVO are real nice guys and they deserved the win BUT WHAT THE HELL WAS DONE TO ALL OF THESE CARS??????????? isnt that the true focus of such an article??? maybe im wrong..... uh NO!

just my opinion
Paul

Haven't seen my Excellence yet. BUT, if that is the case I have to say I am not surprises given the **** style lid on information after the event.

I have received Excellence for many years but have to say that the informational content is mainly in the ads.

When there are new Porsches it is almost a joke to read speculations about what the new car's specs will AFTER Porsche formally introduced it. This is what happend with the 997.

Old 12-16-2004, 10:31 PM
Zippy has a reputation beyond reputeZippy has a reputation beyond reputeZippy has a reputation beyond reputeZippy has a reputation beyond reputeZippy has a reputation beyond reputeZippy has a reputation beyond reputeZippy has a reputation beyond reputeZippy has a reputation beyond reputeZippy has a reputation beyond reputeZippy has a reputation beyond reputeZippy has a reputation beyond repute
The answer "GT Purely Porsche"

Old 12-16-2004, 10:43 PM
JC996TT is infamous around these parts
There is a blurb in the article about checking the highrolershootout.com site for mods but they aren't up yet.

Old 12-16-2004, 10:58 PM
FineProperty is infamous around these parts
Originally posted by Zippy
http://www.gtpurelyporsche.com/

Old 12-17-2004, 12:39 AM
JWGT2 is infamous around these partsJWGT2 is infamous around these parts
Re: Excellence Shootout article is a HUGE POS

Originally posted by PaulKam

Now to the good stuff!!!

just my opinion
Paul
Hey Paul.
We were all asked for a list of all mods and costs involved. I just received my issue and noticed that as well. Hmmm..

Old 12-17-2004, 06:42 AM
NC Bob is infamous around these parts
The subscription is $112 per year. WTF.

Old 12-17-2004, 07:36 AM
Guy
Guy has a brilliant futureGuy has a brilliant futureGuy has a brilliant futureGuy has a brilliant futureGuy has a brilliant futureGuy has a brilliant futureGuy has a brilliant futureGuy has a brilliant futureGuy has a brilliant futureGuy has a brilliant futureGuy has a brilliant future
The mag is 4 pounds to buy here in the UK (small circulation hence high unit cost), which right now is about $8 per issue. So I guess that $96 (less discount) is for the mag, rest for postage across the Atlantic............

I get every issue and also Porsche and 911 World, the other UK Porsche mag. http://www.ewacars.com/mghpw.html http://www.chpltd.com/911_porsche_wo...scription.html

Guy

Old 12-17-2004, 07:47 AM
pdutta2000 is a splendid one to beholdpdutta2000 is a splendid one to beholdpdutta2000 is a splendid one to beholdpdutta2000 is a splendid one to beholdpdutta2000 is a splendid one to beholdpdutta2000 is a splendid one to behold
Originally posted by NC Bob
The subscription is $112 per year. WTF.
It's a Europe only magazine...so there is some cost to distribute them in the US. It is a high price tag...but I haven't been disappointed by one issue yet.

As for why Excellence wouldn't include the mod information...well that's just dumb.

Old 12-17-2004, 07:51 AM
HotRodGuy Is a GOD !HotRodGuy Is a GOD !HotRodGuy Is a GOD !HotRodGuy Is a GOD !HotRodGuy Is a GOD !HotRodGuy Is a GOD !HotRodGuy Is a GOD !HotRodGuy Is a GOD !HotRodGuy Is a GOD !HotRodGuy Is a GOD !HotRodGuy Is a GOD !

even they don't go into the necessary detail for us gearheads, they do a better job then excellence though

Old 12-17-2004, 08:15 AM
jayster is infamous around these parts
hard to beat, though

It was/is a great article. There were a number of suggestions as to what to include in the article, and I'm sure Pete Stout took them all into consideration. Judging by what was included in the article, it must have been tough to decide what must be left out.
However, all involved did a hell of a job, and Pete may have left himself enough material, for a part 2.
To address the "****" like comment made in reference to the secrecy behind the event, I think it innapropriate to have made this comment
I feel the reason behind keeping quiet was just, and done to protect the investment of those who made them. It is well within their rights, and outweigh the perceived rights of your on demand world.
If you really want to know what was done to the cars, call and ask the tuners, I for one would love to tell you what I did to our car, FVD #16.
Thats my story, and I'm sticking to it.
Jayster

Old 12-17-2004, 08:26 AM
DJ
DJ has a reputation beyond reputeDJ has a reputation beyond reputeDJ has a reputation beyond reputeDJ has a reputation beyond reputeDJ has a reputation beyond reputeDJ has a reputation beyond reputeDJ has a reputation beyond reputeDJ has a reputation beyond reputeDJ has a reputation beyond reputeDJ has a reputation beyond reputeDJ has a reputation beyond repute
well it was easy for Pete Stout to leave out 6speedonline.com !

Old 12-17-2004, 08:39 AM
pdutta2000 is a splendid one to beholdpdutta2000 is a splendid one to beholdpdutta2000 is a splendid one to beholdpdutta2000 is a splendid one to beholdpdutta2000 is a splendid one to beholdpdutta2000 is a splendid one to behold
Re: hard to beat, though

Originally posted by jayster

If you really want to know what was done to the cars, call and ask the tuners
What's the point of an article on tuned cars...if they don't tell you what was tuned? For all I know someone could have strapped a jet engine to the back of the car. And who has time to call every tuner to ask what they did to a particular car? That's the whole point of the article...to give the reader a glimpse of how different modding techniques affect the same baseline car...thus allowing the reader to make a decision of which style of mod they want to persue. By not including the mod list, all Excellence managed to do was let me know that car A went faster than car B. Wow...thanks for the in-depth reporting!!

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: Excellence Shootout article is a HUGE POS