996 Turbo / GT2 Turbo discussion on previous model 2000-2005 Porsche 911 Twin Turbo and 911 GT2.

Great Excellence article "Shootout"

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 12-17-2004, 07:47 AM
jayster is infamous around these parts
Great Excellence article "Shootout"

Hats off to the Highrollers...Great Job Pete Stout (Excellence), Tim Pratt (Autobaron.com), Irene Kimmel (Archetype Marketing) Rich Chenet (Photog, awesomeness), David Ray and krewe (Hooked on Driving) Mr. Racelogic (name escapes me) GPS TnS (timing and scoring) the coolest thing to happen to racing since radial slicks..Global positioning timing/scoring/speed vs. distance etc. etc
waaaay friggin cool man. Big thanks to the "Flying Lizards" a couple of cool dudes, Johannes and Darren. Two very talented and blessed young men, doing what they do best, entertaining. A really neat thing to watch you guys playing with a couple of GT2s.
Websters redefined the word "slideshow" after that...
What a treat to meet and consort with all of these guys and gal, and everyone of the tuners/crews. FVD, Akkurat, 2 Evos, S car go, Imagine Auto, Brembo,Toyo,Las Vegas Motor Speedway, class acts, all. Cant wait till next year,maybe some 993s or 930s? Its on the top of my Xmas list. Happy Holidays to all, God bless, and have a safe, prosperous New Year.
Jayster
P.s. Last and certainly not the least, thanks to 6speed, and 6speeders for the support. Congrats to Evo, on the win and the new addition to the fam.

Old 12-17-2004, 09:56 AM
SilverBlue is infamous around these parts
I got back late last night from a day at Laguna Seca. As tired as I was, the Excllence mag had just arrived in the mail. I couldn't put it down.

It's truly amazing that Excellence was able to "stop the presses" and produce this outstanding article with such short turnaround time!

Old 12-17-2004, 09:59 AM
PaulKam is infamous around these parts
i must have recieved a "faulty" issue or something!

Old 12-17-2004, 10:39 AM
Joe Weinstein is a splendid one to beholdJoe Weinstein is a splendid one to beholdJoe Weinstein is a splendid one to beholdJoe Weinstein is a splendid one to beholdJoe Weinstein is a splendid one to beholdJoe Weinstein is a splendid one to beholdJoe Weinstein is a splendid one to behold
I have nothing but respect for all involved, and I am an
Excellence subscriber. In my opinion, the article should
have had at least half it's content describing *how*
the performance was obtained. As it is, the article
was essentially "Oooh they went fast"...
Joe

Old 12-17-2004, 10:42 AM
Gunther Is a GOD !Gunther Is a GOD !Gunther Is a GOD !Gunther Is a GOD !Gunther Is a GOD !Gunther Is a GOD !Gunther Is a GOD !Gunther Is a GOD !Gunther Is a GOD !Gunther Is a GOD !Gunther Is a GOD !
I agree that the info should have been in the article. But that is one of the reasons I come here to 6speedonline. Becasue they have the stuff Excellence left out. Keep up the good posts guys and again congratulations to all the participants

Old 12-17-2004, 12:25 PM
SilverPorsche is infamous around these parts
The only really interesting article I ever read in Excellence is the one our own ADMIN Mike Wilens wote about Camp 4 in Findland...that article had me from first to last word dying to go to this Porsche School and rumor has it that Pete Stout is not even an experienced Race Driver so I am not surpirsed he left out all of the mods for us to learn about. He probably doesn't even know what they all mean anyway.

Thank goodness for 6speedonline and it's members for all the info and knowledge I have gained!

Old 12-19-2004, 02:44 PM
Cary Eisenlohr is just really niceCary Eisenlohr is just really niceCary Eisenlohr is just really niceCary Eisenlohr is just really nice
I think I have to agree ... "wheres the beef" however, nice pic's and cool chartsbut ... the rest??? I always hope to learn something from these kinds of articles. I had to read this one a couple times to see if I was overlooking something. It turns out to be a bunch of words that don't really say anything... In excellence's defence, this is sorta a first for them and I think all in all it's a good mag so, I'm sure the next one will improve.