996 Turbo / GT2 Turbo discussion on previous model 2000-2005 Porsche 911 Twin Turbo and 911 GT2.

anybody running 20" wheels on 996tt?

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 01-22-2010, 11:30 AM
justinn is a splendid one to beholdjustinn is a splendid one to beholdjustinn is a splendid one to beholdjustinn is a splendid one to beholdjustinn is a splendid one to beholdjustinn is a splendid one to beholdjustinn is a splendid one to behold
I made 700 hp to the wheels on pump gas on the 20s. Could I have picked up another 10 by swapping back to the stockers? sure. But why

Does it right harsh? Not really as my spring rates are 6/9kg. My car rides quite like stock. Would I have 20inch wheels on the Turbo in NYC? Nope, but I live in Texas

Justin

Old 01-22-2010, 11:35 AM
justinn is a splendid one to beholdjustinn is a splendid one to beholdjustinn is a splendid one to beholdjustinn is a splendid one to beholdjustinn is a splendid one to beholdjustinn is a splendid one to beholdjustinn is a splendid one to behold
Don't get me wrong... everybody has their opinions and I respect that.

I just don't want anymore misinformation spread around on this forum. The diameter of the wheel itself has nothing to do with suspension geometry or speed, handling, ride of the car.

Tire size, Overall diameter(with tire), and weight are the main concerns you should have when choosing a wheel/tire combo. Not wheel diameter.

Justin

Old 01-22-2010, 11:50 AM
B.Lasek has much to be proud ofB.Lasek has much to be proud ofB.Lasek has much to be proud ofB.Lasek has much to be proud ofB.Lasek has much to be proud ofB.Lasek has much to be proud ofB.Lasek has much to be proud ofB.Lasek has much to be proud ofB.Lasek has much to be proud of
Originally Posted by justinn
Don't get me wrong... everybody has their opinions and I respect that.

I just don't want anymore misinformation spread around on this forum. The diameter of the wheel itself has nothing to do with suspension geometry or speed, handling, ride of the car.

Tire size, Overall diameter(with tire), and weight are the main concerns you should have when choosing a wheel/tire combo. Not wheel diameter.

Justin
Word! I prefer some cush'n for the push'n.

Old 01-22-2010, 12:40 PM
Originally Posted by B.Lasek
Word! I prefer some cush'n for the push'n.
LMAO

"she ain't fat, she just big boned-ed" came to mind for some reason

Justin