996 Turbo / GT2 Turbo discussion on previous model 2000-2005 Porsche 911 Twin Turbo and 911 GT2.

Pics from SharkWerks today with Todd Z

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 01-27-2010, 11:08 PM
sharkster Is a GOD !sharkster Is a GOD !sharkster Is a GOD !sharkster Is a GOD !sharkster Is a GOD !sharkster Is a GOD !sharkster Is a GOD !sharkster Is a GOD !sharkster Is a GOD !sharkster Is a GOD !sharkster Is a GOD !
Originally Posted by sammyf
Rich,

It was great meeting you in person... Again, thanks for loaning me that spoiler wrench!

Alex,

Took it easy on the way home, per your instructions, but man the car feels way more responsive and I could "swear" the turbos spool faster :-)

-Sam
Hey Sam good call and we'll get those 'ol plugs done and DV's put in so you can really stretch her legs The throttle and spool up should be better now

Originally Posted by bmoores
Marty is one of the nicest guys i've met online or elsewhere.

Please post some pics soon. That is an amazing looking car.
Agreed. I've always wanted to meet him. Followed his posts on here and other boards for a few years and he just sounded like a COMPLETE Porsche nut. What's not to like

Originally Posted by MY996TT
I knew you and Rich are bad influence... I'll be sending you an email.
Roger that.... I got the CC from Dan so we'll be working on that too eh

Originally Posted by RiA
^^ I noticed that too
He made me do it! That's the last time I let Todd in the back of the shop

Old 01-28-2010, 12:05 AM
flash68 Is a GOD !flash68 Is a GOD !flash68 Is a GOD !flash68 Is a GOD !flash68 Is a GOD !flash68 Is a GOD !flash68 Is a GOD !flash68 Is a GOD !flash68 Is a GOD !flash68 Is a GOD !flash68 Is a GOD !
Originally Posted by RiA
New clutch and LWFW + the new dual-chip solution to switch between pump and race fuel.

I'm going to have to be patient and take it easy on my new clutch for a few hundred miles - then I get to test out the race file
Very cool. Which clutch you go with?

Old 01-28-2010, 12:17 AM
Turbo Fanatic Is a GOD !Turbo Fanatic Is a GOD !Turbo Fanatic Is a GOD !Turbo Fanatic Is a GOD !Turbo Fanatic Is a GOD !Turbo Fanatic Is a GOD !Turbo Fanatic Is a GOD !Turbo Fanatic Is a GOD !Turbo Fanatic Is a GOD !Turbo Fanatic Is a GOD !Turbo Fanatic Is a GOD !
RIA. It seems like our cars have very similar mods. Do you have a 660 or 700 kit?

Old 01-28-2010, 12:21 AM
Turbo Fanatic Is a GOD !Turbo Fanatic Is a GOD !Turbo Fanatic Is a GOD !Turbo Fanatic Is a GOD !Turbo Fanatic Is a GOD !Turbo Fanatic Is a GOD !Turbo Fanatic Is a GOD !Turbo Fanatic Is a GOD !Turbo Fanatic Is a GOD !Turbo Fanatic Is a GOD !Turbo Fanatic Is a GOD !
BTW how's the true switcher different than GIAC's switcher? My car has 6 files. Low boost, 91 pump (dynoed at 535 WHP) , race, valet, kill you can put race 2 in slot 6.

Old 01-28-2010, 09:30 AM
Basic Sponsor
Evolution MotorSports Is a GOD !Evolution MotorSports Is a GOD !Evolution MotorSports Is a GOD !Evolution MotorSports Is a GOD !Evolution MotorSports Is a GOD !Evolution MotorSports Is a GOD !Evolution MotorSports Is a GOD !Evolution MotorSports Is a GOD !Evolution MotorSports Is a GOD !Evolution MotorSports Is a GOD !Evolution MotorSports Is a GOD !
Originally Posted by ari
BTW how's the true switcher different than GIAC's switcher? My car has 6 files. Low boost, 91 pump (dynoed at 535 WHP) , race, valet, kill you can put race 2 in slot 6.
Our switcher uses 2 x EPROM's which makes it very different. With 2 x EPROMS, it is like having 2 different ECU's in one. There are limitations in the amount of control the switcher you have has over the ECU. Their technology is good and works well but has limitations with the amount of changes that can be made with the different modes. Ours is designed for those who want to have a 100% true stock mode and performance mode or those who want to maximize power for a specific octane pump fuel and another mode which is a completely different file maximized for race fuel. Here is some information taken from our press release:

Design Inspiration:
Evolution MotorSports – Intelligent Tuning introduces a true “Dual Mode” chip switching module for the late model Porsche applications. Since our customers demand unrivaled performance and complete flexibility, our “intelligent” switching module allows the full performance potential to be unlocked with convenience. Now our customers can choose 2 different performance modes depending on their desired power level, fuel octane level and performance modifications. Our chip switching module installs inside the ECU and utilizes 2 different EPROM’s that can be accessed from a simple “a/b” switch mounted in the cabin. Since our intelligent system utilizes 2 different datasets, it’s like having 2 ECU’s with a push of a button.

Benefits:
  • Intelligent switching for on the fly operation
  • Maximized performance depending on fuel octane level
  • Eliminates the need for a spare “Race” or “Stock” ECU
  • Can be programmed for a wide variety of different applications and specific performance goals
  • Easy installation and simple operation
  • Suitable for any street or race car
  • One mode can be 100% stock for dealer service.
Technical Details:
  • Live switching capabilities: (Examples of some of our setups options)
    • 100% stock and 91/93 performance (91 or 93 octane programs)
    • 91 octane performance and race performance
    • 93 octane performance and race performance
    • 91 octane performance and 93 octane performance
    • Programs for virtually any different performance criteria
  • Race software features an increased idle speed for easy identification between sport and race modes
  • Twin EPROM’s allow for 2 completely different software calibrations

F: 480.317.9901
E: info@evoms.com
Home of the Worlds Fastest 997TT Porsche(s)
997TT Standing Mile = 234.6 MPH
997TT Standing 1/2 Mile = 217.09 MPH
Fastest 1/4 Mile = 9.29 @ 172.7 MPH
60-130 MPH Time = 3.28 Seconds
Old 01-28-2010, 09:39 AM
MY996TT Is a GOD !MY996TT Is a GOD !MY996TT Is a GOD !MY996TT Is a GOD !MY996TT Is a GOD !MY996TT Is a GOD !MY996TT Is a GOD !MY996TT Is a GOD !MY996TT Is a GOD !MY996TT Is a GOD !MY996TT Is a GOD !
This is the info I was looking for, thanks Todd!

I guess it works like a "Sport Mode" switch of some newer car.

Old 01-28-2010, 10:59 AM
RiA
RiA Is a GOD !RiA Is a GOD !RiA Is a GOD !RiA Is a GOD !RiA Is a GOD !RiA Is a GOD !RiA Is a GOD !RiA Is a GOD !RiA Is a GOD !RiA Is a GOD !RiA Is a GOD !
Originally Posted by sammyf
Rich,

It was great meeting you in person... Again, thanks for loaning me that spoiler wrench!

Alex,

Took it easy on the way home, per your instructions, but man the car feels way more responsive and I could "swear" the turbos spool faster :-)

-Sam
Good meeting you too and glad I could help out.

You'll enjoy your car much more with your upgrades

Last edited by RiA; 01-28-2010 at 11:08 AM.
Old 01-28-2010, 11:02 AM
RiA
RiA Is a GOD !RiA Is a GOD !RiA Is a GOD !RiA Is a GOD !RiA Is a GOD !RiA Is a GOD !RiA Is a GOD !RiA Is a GOD !RiA Is a GOD !RiA Is a GOD !RiA Is a GOD !
Originally Posted by flash68
Very cool. Which clutch you go with?
EVO Stage 4 with their AL LWFW - we did the GT2 hydraulic conversion a while back, the results of this setup should be very slick.

Last edited by RiA; 01-28-2010 at 11:07 AM.
Old 01-28-2010, 11:06 AM
RiA
Originally Posted by ari
RIA. It seems like our cars have very similar mods. Do you have a 660 or 700 kit?
Very similar indeed! I have the EVOMSit GT660 - this new switching program will kick that number up quite a bit

Old 01-28-2010, 12:51 PM
sharkster Is a GOD !sharkster Is a GOD !sharkster Is a GOD !sharkster Is a GOD !sharkster Is a GOD !sharkster Is a GOD !sharkster Is a GOD !sharkster Is a GOD !sharkster Is a GOD !sharkster Is a GOD !sharkster Is a GOD !
Originally Posted by RiA
EVO Stage 4 with their AL LWFW - we did the GT2 hydraulic conversion a while back, the results of this setup should be very slick.
Well I'll be trying it _very_ soon for you James seems to like it

Old 01-28-2010, 02:02 PM
flash68 Is a GOD !flash68 Is a GOD !flash68 Is a GOD !flash68 Is a GOD !flash68 Is a GOD !flash68 Is a GOD !flash68 Is a GOD !flash68 Is a GOD !flash68 Is a GOD !flash68 Is a GOD !flash68 Is a GOD !
Originally Posted by RiA
Will be curious to know how much pedal effort is needed and the engagement point.

Old 01-28-2010, 05:49 PM
RiA
Will be curious to know how much pedal effort is needed and the engagement point.
I'll let you know - it should be ready tomorrow

Old 01-28-2010, 06:00 PM
Originally Posted by RiA
I'll let you know - it should be ready tomorrow
exciting... i'd love to know the real difference in power from our 91 to 100. any change you will be dyno'ing?

Old 01-28-2010, 06:26 PM
RiA
exciting... i'd love to know the real difference in power from our 91 to 100. any change you will be dyno'ing?
prolly not - but I can try to work up a 60-130 time.

Old 01-28-2010, 08:52 PM
Originally Posted by RiA
prolly not - but I can try to work up a 60-130 time.
lemme know if you head out to do it (and have a good spot for it) maybe i will try to join you.

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: Pics from SharkWerks today with Todd Z