996 Turbo / GT2 Turbo discussion on previous model 2000-2005 Porsche 911 Twin Turbo and 911 GT2.

Pics from SharkWerks today with Todd Z

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 01-26-2010, 08:06 PM
RiA
RiA Is a GOD !RiA Is a GOD !RiA Is a GOD !RiA Is a GOD !RiA Is a GOD !RiA Is a GOD !RiA Is a GOD !RiA Is a GOD !RiA Is a GOD !RiA Is a GOD !RiA Is a GOD !
Pics from SharkWerks today with Todd Z

I dropped my car off today (mine is seal grey in the background) and had to take a few quick shots with my camera phone.

Todd checking out Alex's RS exhaust note (after some mods):

Todd working with James on Alex's RS:

My car, Alex's RS and the '10 TT:

Old 01-26-2010, 08:40 PM
sharkster Is a GOD !sharkster Is a GOD !sharkster Is a GOD !sharkster Is a GOD !sharkster Is a GOD !sharkster Is a GOD !sharkster Is a GOD !sharkster Is a GOD !sharkster Is a GOD !sharkster Is a GOD !sharkster Is a GOD !
Thanks RiA... so good to see you too. Can't wait to see what you think with the LWF. More importantly... starting to look at the some of the maps:

Creating "real" a dual-chip solution. That means two independent, full and switchable maps. This isn't a single file with a unit that "forces" certain ignition map.

Also James and Todd testing the "real" dual-chip solution (for 91 octane vs higher):

Not sure what to drive home tonight

Old 01-27-2010, 02:41 AM
flash68 Is a GOD !flash68 Is a GOD !flash68 Is a GOD !flash68 Is a GOD !flash68 Is a GOD !flash68 Is a GOD !flash68 Is a GOD !flash68 Is a GOD !flash68 Is a GOD !flash68 Is a GOD !flash68 Is a GOD !
Good stuff Rich! So what all did you have done? Sounds like LWFW? and new clutch too?

Old 01-27-2010, 06:42 AM
bmoores Is a GOD !bmoores Is a GOD !bmoores Is a GOD !bmoores Is a GOD !bmoores Is a GOD !bmoores Is a GOD !bmoores Is a GOD !bmoores Is a GOD !bmoores Is a GOD !bmoores Is a GOD !bmoores Is a GOD !
Alex that speedster is gorgeous! Not to thread jack but have you started a thread about that car anywhere?

Old 01-27-2010, 06:56 AM
RiA
RiA Is a GOD !RiA Is a GOD !RiA Is a GOD !RiA Is a GOD !RiA Is a GOD !RiA Is a GOD !RiA Is a GOD !RiA Is a GOD !RiA Is a GOD !RiA Is a GOD !RiA Is a GOD !
Originally Posted by flash68
Good stuff Rich! So what all did you have done? Sounds like LWFW? and new clutch too?
New clutch and LWFW + the new dual-chip solution to switch between pump and race fuel.

I'm going to have to be patient and take it easy on my new clutch for a few hundred miles - then I get to test out the race file

Last edited by RiA; 01-27-2010 at 07:01 AM.
Old 01-27-2010, 07:46 AM
MY996TT Is a GOD !MY996TT Is a GOD !MY996TT Is a GOD !MY996TT Is a GOD !MY996TT Is a GOD !MY996TT Is a GOD !MY996TT Is a GOD !MY996TT Is a GOD !MY996TT Is a GOD !MY996TT Is a GOD !MY996TT Is a GOD !
Alex, dual chips for Tip? You know I cannot let this go.

Old 01-27-2010, 08:01 AM
WOODTSTER Is a GOD !WOODTSTER Is a GOD !WOODTSTER Is a GOD !WOODTSTER Is a GOD !WOODTSTER Is a GOD !WOODTSTER Is a GOD !WOODTSTER Is a GOD !WOODTSTER Is a GOD !WOODTSTER Is a GOD !WOODTSTER Is a GOD !WOODTSTER Is a GOD !
^^^ Great People ^^^ Fantastic Results

Congrats

Old 01-27-2010, 08:37 AM
Basic Sponsor
PrecisionPorsch Is a GOD !PrecisionPorsch Is a GOD !PrecisionPorsch Is a GOD !PrecisionPorsch Is a GOD !PrecisionPorsch Is a GOD !PrecisionPorsch Is a GOD !PrecisionPorsch Is a GOD !PrecisionPorsch Is a GOD !PrecisionPorsch Is a GOD !PrecisionPorsch Is a GOD !PrecisionPorsch Is a GOD !

I spy panerai! Love your work Alex!

Old 01-27-2010, 09:20 AM
sharkster Is a GOD !sharkster Is a GOD !sharkster Is a GOD !sharkster Is a GOD !sharkster Is a GOD !sharkster Is a GOD !sharkster Is a GOD !sharkster Is a GOD !sharkster Is a GOD !sharkster Is a GOD !sharkster Is a GOD !
Originally Posted by PrecisionPorsch

I spy panerai! Love your work Alex!
Thanks Ed too kind and LOL nothing gets by you guys eh? Good spot!

Originally Posted by WOODTSTER
^^^ Great People ^^^ Fantastic Results

Congrats
Thanks Marty and the only bummer with this internet thing is that folks such as yourself are even better in person But we'll take our internet in the mean time

Originally Posted by MY996TT
Alex, dual chips for Tip? You know I cannot let this go.
Hehe... yup it'll work indeed. We were being shown the how/what last night so if you do get access to 100 octane and want to have a second ECU built in we can now actually do it

Originally Posted by RiA
New clutch and LWFW + the new dual-chip solution to switch between pump and race fuel.

I'm going to have to be patient and take it easy on my new clutch for a few hundred miles - then I get to test out the race file
Yes sir... break-in will go away quickly. I have to say with the LWF in there you'll like the new-found character. Blipping will be fun that's for sure

Originally Posted by bmoores
Alex that speedster is gorgeous! Not to thread jack but have you started a thread about that car anywhere?
I haven't yet and thanks bmoores. It's so funny to think of how crazy/complex these 2010 cars are and then here I was setting the valves on the Speedster in a couple of hours on Sunday afternoon

Old 01-27-2010, 09:22 AM
RiA
^^ I noticed that too

Old 01-27-2010, 09:28 AM
MY996TT Is a GOD !MY996TT Is a GOD !MY996TT Is a GOD !MY996TT Is a GOD !MY996TT Is a GOD !MY996TT Is a GOD !MY996TT Is a GOD !MY996TT Is a GOD !MY996TT Is a GOD !MY996TT Is a GOD !MY996TT Is a GOD !
I knew you and Rich are bad influence... I'll be sending you an email.

Originally Posted by sharkster
Hehe... yup it'll work indeed. We were being shown the how/what last night so if you do get access to 100 octane and want to have a second ECU built in we can now actually do it

Old 01-27-2010, 09:29 AM
bmoores Is a GOD !bmoores Is a GOD !bmoores Is a GOD !bmoores Is a GOD !bmoores Is a GOD !bmoores Is a GOD !bmoores Is a GOD !bmoores Is a GOD !bmoores Is a GOD !bmoores Is a GOD !bmoores Is a GOD !
Originally Posted by sharkster
Thanks Marty and the only bummer with this internet thing is that folks such as yourself are even better in person But we'll take our internet in the mean time

I haven't yet and thanks bmoores. It's so funny to think of how crazy/complex these 2010 cars are and then here I was setting the valves on the Speedster in a couple of hours on Sunday afternoon
Marty is one of the nicest guys i've met online or elsewhere.

Please post some pics soon. That is an amazing looking car.

Old 01-27-2010, 09:32 AM
MBailey Is a GOD !MBailey Is a GOD !MBailey Is a GOD !MBailey Is a GOD !MBailey Is a GOD !MBailey Is a GOD !MBailey Is a GOD !MBailey Is a GOD !MBailey Is a GOD !MBailey Is a GOD !MBailey Is a GOD !
Great pics Rich!
Congrats on the mods!
Let us know what you think when you have had enough time to develop an opinion...

Old 01-27-2010, 09:43 AM
RiA
Will do Mike - I'm looking forward to having some fun.

Old 01-27-2010, 10:18 AM
sammyf is a glorious beacon of lightsammyf is a glorious beacon of lightsammyf is a glorious beacon of lightsammyf is a glorious beacon of lightsammyf is a glorious beacon of lightsammyf is a glorious beacon of light
Rich,

It was great meeting you in person... Again, thanks for loaning me that spoiler wrench!

Alex,

Took it easy on the way home, per your instructions, but man the car feels way more responsive and I could "swear" the turbos spool faster :-)

-Sam

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: Pics from SharkWerks today with Todd Z