996 Turbo / GT2 Turbo discussion on previous model 2000-2005 Porsche 911 Twin Turbo and 911 GT2.
View Poll Results: Would you do this conversion?
Absolutely! Would love to have the classic oval look!
38.98%
Possibly...
21.19%
No... I don't want to hack up my car and be a poser
37.29%
Other...if other, please reply to thread
2.54%
Voters: 118. You may not vote on this poll

996 to 997 headlight conversion

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 01-30-2010, 11:22 AM
acf
acf is a splendid one to beholdacf is a splendid one to beholdacf is a splendid one to beholdacf is a splendid one to beholdacf is a splendid one to beholdacf is a splendid one to beholdacf is a splendid one to behold
Instead of switching over to the round 997 headlights, I'd prefer to see some variation of the stock 996 turbo headlights. The shape of the 996 headlight is very distinct and aggressive, I think it's great. What makes the 997 headlights look nicer is the updated internal trim and details, with less chrome inside. The 996 headlights imo have a lot of potential, but it would require splitting them apart.

Old 01-30-2010, 12:39 PM
heavychevy Is a GOD !heavychevy Is a GOD !heavychevy Is a GOD !heavychevy Is a GOD !heavychevy Is a GOD !heavychevy Is a GOD !heavychevy Is a GOD !heavychevy Is a GOD !heavychevy Is a GOD !heavychevy Is a GOD !heavychevy Is a GOD !
^^^ Agreed ^^^^

Originally Posted by TurboTodd
I think I am the only one who actually likes the looks of the 996
You are not. I can't stand oval headlights with a passion. Cars look old enough already. I think a CGT'ish headlight or a further development of the 996 TT headlight would be awesome.

How about a conversion 997 to 996 TT headlight. That would be something.

Old 01-31-2010, 08:17 AM
Prche951 Is a GOD !Prche951 Is a GOD !Prche951 Is a GOD !Prche951 Is a GOD !Prche951 Is a GOD !Prche951 Is a GOD !Prche951 Is a GOD !Prche951 Is a GOD !Prche951 Is a GOD !Prche951 Is a GOD !Prche951 Is a GOD !
Originally Posted by heavychevy
^^^ Agreed ^^^^

You are not. I can't stand oval headlights with a passion. Cars look old enough already. I think a CGT'ish headlight or a further development of the 996 TT headlight would be awesome.

How about a conversion 997 to 996 TT headlight. That would be something.
+1
The new GT2 with the 996 headlights and 996GT2 nose would be my pic for the best of all worlds.

Old 01-31-2010, 08:45 AM
evoviiiyou is a splendid one to beholdevoviiiyou is a splendid one to beholdevoviiiyou is a splendid one to beholdevoviiiyou is a splendid one to beholdevoviiiyou is a splendid one to beholdevoviiiyou is a splendid one to beholdevoviiiyou is a splendid one to behold
Here is an option that I had done on my Slate Grey before I sold her. I think it came out amazing and really gave me the look that I feel should have been offered by Porsche. I had the head light assemblies opened up and then color matched slate grey. The darker ring around the head light area is actually a tint that still allows for the blinker bulbs to shine through.

Attached Images      

Last edited by evoviiiyou; 01-31-2010 at 09:06 AM. Reason: spelling
Old 01-31-2010, 09:21 AM
RCH
Banned
RCH is just really niceRCH is just really niceRCH is just really niceRCH is just really niceRCH is just really nice
I still think this looks fabulous !!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Attached Images  
Old 01-31-2010, 09:54 AM
robmd99 has a reputation beyond reputerobmd99 has a reputation beyond reputerobmd99 has a reputation beyond reputerobmd99 has a reputation beyond reputerobmd99 has a reputation beyond reputerobmd99 has a reputation beyond reputerobmd99 has a reputation beyond reputerobmd99 has a reputation beyond reputerobmd99 has a reputation beyond reputerobmd99 has a reputation beyond reputerobmd99 has a reputation beyond repute
Originally Posted by RichardCH
Agree, I think I will add this to my Tech Art front end.
Robert

Old 01-31-2010, 10:52 AM
Page is a glorious beacon of lightPage is a glorious beacon of lightPage is a glorious beacon of lightPage is a glorious beacon of lightPage is a glorious beacon of lightPage is a glorious beacon of light
I agree, I think this changes the whole look of the bumper. I liked the bumper before but I might consider it even more over the 996 GT2 unless Edwin makes the new TechArt fit.

Old 01-31-2010, 11:16 AM
RCH
Banned
RCH is just really niceRCH is just really niceRCH is just really niceRCH is just really niceRCH is just really nice
I think from a design perspective these additions to the techart bumper need to be exactly where they are, i.e mid way height wise, they fill the gaping holes nicely

Old 02-01-2010, 09:54 AM
Basic Sponsor
PrecisionPorsch Is a GOD !PrecisionPorsch Is a GOD !PrecisionPorsch Is a GOD !PrecisionPorsch Is a GOD !PrecisionPorsch Is a GOD !PrecisionPorsch Is a GOD !PrecisionPorsch Is a GOD !PrecisionPorsch Is a GOD !PrecisionPorsch Is a GOD !PrecisionPorsch Is a GOD !PrecisionPorsch Is a GOD !
Does your Canadian Client have pics of the techart style bumper on the car ??
Richard, I have emailed him and hopefully he will send me pics shortly. I will post up here once I get them!

Originally Posted by robmd99
Agree, I think I will add this to my Tech Art front end.
Robert
Rob, that bumper/light was a one-off. We may have another 6speeder that is interested in doing it and if he does, we'll be making a mold out of that one.

Originally Posted by Page
I agree, I think this changes the whole look of the bumper. I liked the bumper before but I might consider it even more over the 996 GT2 unless Edwin makes the new TechArt fit.
Thanks for your Pshops Page! they look great! The 997TA fitment is slightly wider than the 996 turbo but that won't stop us. We'll seriously be looking at making both of these kits

Edwin

Old 02-01-2010, 10:52 AM
RCH
Banned
keep us posted !!!

Old 02-01-2010, 10:53 AM
ixotuckeroxi is a splendid one to beholdixotuckeroxi is a splendid one to beholdixotuckeroxi is a splendid one to beholdixotuckeroxi is a splendid one to beholdixotuckeroxi is a splendid one to beholdixotuckeroxi is a splendid one to beholdixotuckeroxi is a splendid one to behold
e,

whats the specs on adding the lights to the 6ta kit? is this a simple bolt on?

the 6ta kit and 7ta kit with the 6 headlights as page chopped is too similar to shell out but the leds would be a fresh update.

need info STAT!

Old 02-01-2010, 10:55 AM
Basic Sponsor
PrecisionPorsch Is a GOD !PrecisionPorsch Is a GOD !PrecisionPorsch Is a GOD !PrecisionPorsch Is a GOD !PrecisionPorsch Is a GOD !PrecisionPorsch Is a GOD !PrecisionPorsch Is a GOD !PrecisionPorsch Is a GOD !PrecisionPorsch Is a GOD !PrecisionPorsch Is a GOD !PrecisionPorsch Is a GOD !
keep us posted !!!
Will do!

Originally Posted by ixotuckeroxi
e,

whats the specs on adding the lights to the 6ta kit? is this a simple bolt on?

the 6ta kit and 7ta kit with the 6 headlights as page chopped is too similar to shell out but the leds would be a fresh update.

need info STAT!
Tucker,

the specs will be simple... swap out existing radiator duct with the one that's made for the 997 turn signal and then wire them up and you're done my friend!

Edwin

Old 02-01-2010, 10:56 AM
Basic Sponsor
what do you all think about the bumper without the top slats? I think it gives off a pretty clean look. Let's hear the people's voice!!

Edwin

Old 02-01-2010, 11:02 AM
ixotuckeroxi is a splendid one to beholdixotuckeroxi is a splendid one to beholdixotuckeroxi is a splendid one to beholdixotuckeroxi is a splendid one to beholdixotuckeroxi is a splendid one to beholdixotuckeroxi is a splendid one to beholdixotuckeroxi is a splendid one to behold
the whole duct has to be swapped? is this an oem part or precision part? list of things that i would need are lights and ducts, thats it?

i like the slats.

page, can you chop that car to yellow? lol

Old 02-01-2010, 11:50 AM
MY996TT Is a GOD !MY996TT Is a GOD !MY996TT Is a GOD !MY996TT Is a GOD !MY996TT Is a GOD !MY996TT Is a GOD !MY996TT Is a GOD !MY996TT Is a GOD !MY996TT Is a GOD !MY996TT Is a GOD !MY996TT Is a GOD !
Edwin,
I like it better with the top slats.

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: 996 to 997 headlight conversion