996 Turbo / GT2 Turbo discussion on previous model 2000-2005 Porsche 911 Twin Turbo and 911 GT2.

AWE/McNeil Exhaust question

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 12-23-2004, 02:03 PM
bucking is infamous around these parts
Originally posted by Neil
There is no need to throw your dummy out of your stroller.
I did` nt know I had said anything about Fabspeed or any other system. I just stated a fact.
Huh? What the hell does that mean? What fact did you state?

Old 12-23-2004, 02:15 PM
AMG ETR Is a GOD !AMG ETR Is a GOD !AMG ETR Is a GOD !AMG ETR Is a GOD !AMG ETR Is a GOD !AMG ETR Is a GOD !AMG ETR Is a GOD !AMG ETR Is a GOD !AMG ETR Is a GOD !AMG ETR Is a GOD !AMG ETR Is a GOD !
Originally posted by 993RSClubsport
"banditlex"
How or with what information can you make the statement that the AWE 996TT exhaust system made as much power as Fabspeed Motorsports system.

In each and every single blind DYNOTEST and 996TT SHOOTOUT we have beaten virtually EACH & EVERY other competitors systems by a statistically significant margin in both horsepower and torque.

Fabspeed systems offer 3 levels of sound and are adjustable whereas competitors systems are 1 size and non adjustable.

Most the top USA TUNERS looking for maximum Torque and Horsepower use our systems. Evolution Motorsports and Imagine Auto each made over 1000HP and 850HP respectively at the flywheel as posted in Excellence magazine @ the 2004 TT shootout.
---------------------------------------
Have a great day
Man you don't quit
CHILLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLL
Evan

Old 12-23-2004, 02:16 PM
Banned
Neil@Orton is infamous around these parts
What I was stating is that max hp & max torque is not everything.
Just because a car has more torque & hp does not necessary make it quick. You can have a car with less power & Torque and be quicker because its where the power & torque comes in.

Old 12-23-2004, 02:22 PM
bucking is infamous around these parts
Neil: Agreed.

Old 12-23-2004, 02:25 PM
Banned
Neil@Orton is infamous around these parts
No poblem.......Happy holidays

Old 12-24-2004, 03:17 PM
Former Vendor
Josh/AWE Is a GOD !Josh/AWE Is a GOD !Josh/AWE Is a GOD !Josh/AWE Is a GOD !Josh/AWE Is a GOD !Josh/AWE Is a GOD !Josh/AWE Is a GOD !Josh/AWE Is a GOD !Josh/AWE Is a GOD !Josh/AWE Is a GOD !Josh/AWE Is a GOD !
Originally posted by BlackBear
I had one and three Porsche tuning shops could not install it right. AWE still claimed it was installed wrong and offered no help or suggestions other than saying that their jigs are correct.

The sound in their video is great but my car never got there because of leaks. I sold mine.
Oliver,

I remember your situation, and I think we have determined what the cause may have been.

It was a miscommunication between our manufacturing and shipping department.

The cat and tail pipe sections are side specific, yet they *can* be installed reversed. However, when installed reversed, there can be leaks when the system is adjusted to give proper appearance in the bumper cut outs. No matter how much adjustments one makes in this situation, the system will leak when the tips are correct, but will not leak only when the tips are not correctly located.

The differences among the actual components are so minor that the casual observer before install would miss it, but they make a big difference in use if the sides were accidentally reversed.

The fix was simply to have manufacturing put a decal on the cat and tailpipe sections to identify to the potential installer what side they should go on.

It is rare for us to overlook such a detail as this, even with all the different departments we have here, but we do apologize for the frustrating mixup.

Old 12-24-2004, 04:33 PM
Dr. T is infamous around these parts
Thanks Todd,
That clears up that situation. I'll be ordering early next week.
Merry Christmas!