996 Turbo / GT2 Turbo discussion on previous model 2000-2005 Porsche 911 Twin Turbo and 911 GT2.

AWE/McNeil Exhaust question

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 12-19-2004, 10:37 AM
Dr. T is infamous around these parts
AWE/McNeil Exhaust question

Those who own or have heard the AWE/McNeil Exhaust........What do you think? I'm considering ordering it ( they're having a holiday sale now ). If quality, sound , fit & finish are what they claim on the website I think I'll be very pleased but hate to purchase something I haven't seen/heard in person.
-Glen

Old 12-19-2004, 10:45 AM
Porsche Rocks
maxjamie is infamous around these parts
This was one of the exhaust I was seriously comtemplating ordering. As far as I know from all the feedbacks, it appears to be a great product. A few had a heck of a time installing it properly. It seems $2950 is an awesome deal. I ended up with a used RUF and very happy with it. Good luck. Ted

Old 12-19-2004, 11:12 AM
Banned
BlackBear has much to be proud ofBlackBear has much to be proud ofBlackBear has much to be proud ofBlackBear has much to be proud ofBlackBear has much to be proud ofBlackBear has much to be proud ofBlackBear has much to be proud ofBlackBear has much to be proud ofBlackBear has much to be proud of
I had one and three Porsche tuning shops could not install it right. AWE still claimed it was installed wrong and offered no help or suggestions other than saying that their jigs are correct.

The sound in their video is great but my car never got there because of leaks. I sold mine.

Old 12-19-2004, 04:49 PM
habitat is just really nicehabitat is just really nicehabitat is just really nicehabitat is just really nice
l have it on my turbo and absolutly love it......I even installed it myself and i'm not to handy with tools........Just call mike when u install it he will walk u threw it........

Very good sound not to loud.........You will be happy......
Very good quality, it's a work of art.....

Old 12-20-2004, 09:30 AM
gneypiks is infamous around these partsgneypiks is infamous around these parts
...perfect fit n the sound only gets throatier!

Old 12-21-2004, 11:18 AM
Guys,
Thanks for the input.
Sounds good except for BlackBear's issues. Anyone else? The sale price is great.

Old 12-22-2004, 12:56 PM
Former Vendor
Josh/AWE Is a GOD !Josh/AWE Is a GOD !Josh/AWE Is a GOD !Josh/AWE Is a GOD !Josh/AWE Is a GOD !Josh/AWE Is a GOD !Josh/AWE Is a GOD !Josh/AWE Is a GOD !Josh/AWE Is a GOD !Josh/AWE Is a GOD !Josh/AWE Is a GOD !
Re: AWE/McNeil Exhaust question

Originally posted by Dr. T
Those who own or have heard the AWE/McNeil Exhaust........What do you think? I'm considering ordering it ( they're having a holiday sale now ). If quality, sound , fit & finish are what they claim on the website I think I'll be very pleased but hate to purchase something I haven't seen/heard in person.
-Glen
Dr T.

There is a shop in Bellvue, WA that has installed the system for us. They can give you there opinion of the system and the install.

Fordahl Motorsports
13824 Northup Way
Suite F
Bellevue WA 98005

Phone 425-644-6020

Ask for Greg, Trevor or Randy.

Hope this helps.

Old 12-22-2004, 02:00 PM
Thanks a lot Mike,
Fordahl is just a few minutes away. I'll contact them and will most likely be ordering the system next week.

Old 12-22-2004, 09:45 PM
banditlex is infamous around these parts
I had the AWE installed last summer when I sold my fabspeed before deciding to keep the car. AWE did a great job on the install and it makes just as much power as the fabspeed with a deeper sound.

Old 12-23-2004, 08:30 AM
Former Vendor
Fabspeed Motorsport Is a GOD !Fabspeed Motorsport Is a GOD !Fabspeed Motorsport Is a GOD !Fabspeed Motorsport Is a GOD !Fabspeed Motorsport Is a GOD !Fabspeed Motorsport Is a GOD !Fabspeed Motorsport Is a GOD !Fabspeed Motorsport Is a GOD !Fabspeed Motorsport Is a GOD !Fabspeed Motorsport Is a GOD !Fabspeed Motorsport Is a GOD !
"banditlex"
How or with what information can you make the statement that the AWE 996TT exhaust system made as much power as Fabspeed Motorsports system.

In each and every single blind DYNOTEST and 996TT SHOOTOUT we have beaten virtually EACH & EVERY other competitors systems by a statistically significant margin in both horsepower and torque.

Fabspeed systems offer 3 levels of sound and are adjustable whereas competitors systems are 1 size and non adjustable.

Most the top USA TUNERS looking for maximum Torque and Horsepower use our systems. Evolution Motorsports and Imagine Auto each made over 1000HP and 850HP respectively at the flywheel as posted in Excellence magazine @ the 2004 TT shootout.
---------------------------------------
Have a great day

Old 12-23-2004, 10:10 AM
Banned
Neil@Orton is infamous around these parts
Joe,
its not just about max hp & max torque.The torque curve is also important.
Neil

Old 12-23-2004, 10:38 AM
MKW
MKW is infamous around these parts
Catfight - arrrrrrrrrowwwrrrr !

Old 12-23-2004, 10:58 AM
Banned
Benjamin Choi is infamous around these parts
Would love to take a listen when you get it installed.

Old 12-23-2004, 01:50 PM
bucking is infamous around these parts
Originally posted by Neil
Joe,
its not just about max hp & max torque.The torque curve is also important.
Neil
What are you suggesting? I have Fabspeed SuperSport and my torque curve is just fine, thank you very much. If you are saying that the torque curve of the Fabspeed system in general is somehow less desirable than that of another system, I'm inclined to say Bulls##t. A whole bunch of factors will impact the "torque curve." Fact is, some people like the Fabspeed, others don't; same with about every system, research the many threads on this subject. But, the Fabspeed does make the power, and that is no bull.

Old 12-23-2004, 01:57 PM
Banned
Neil@Orton is infamous around these parts
There is no need to throw your dummy out of your stroller.
I did` nt know I had said anything about Fabspeed or any other system. I just stated a fact.

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: AWE/McNeil Exhaust question