996 Turbo / GT2 Turbo discussion on previous model 2000-2005 Porsche 911 Twin Turbo and 911 GT2.

Is NSX more exotic than 996TT?

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 09-27-2003, 03:36 PM
topdaytrader is infamous around these parts
Is NSX more exotic than 996TT?

http://www.nsxprime.com/forums/showt...threadid=23252

Would you trade in your 996TT for a NSX?

Old 09-27-2003, 03:38 PM
ben, lj has a spectacular aura aboutben, lj has a spectacular aura about
that is pretty funny. the nsx is a better comparison with the 996 non-tt. doubt many 996 non tt owners would trade for the honda, much less tt owners.

Old 09-27-2003, 03:51 PM
jcramair1 is infamous around these parts
I think the NSX is a great car, in no way shape or form would I trade and or consider dumping my TT for the NSX. I wouldn't even do it with my old 99c4. Again I am not knocking the NSX at all I think they are great cars. Just not my cup of tea

Old 09-27-2003, 04:12 PM
JMT
JMT is infamous around these parts
DITO!

Old 09-27-2003, 04:28 PM
Periokid has much to be proud ofPeriokid has much to be proud ofPeriokid has much to be proud ofPeriokid has much to be proud ofPeriokid has much to be proud ofPeriokid has much to be proud ofPeriokid has much to be proud ofPeriokid has much to be proud ofPeriokid has much to be proud ofPeriokid has much to be proud of
I am also an nsx owner....

I can honestly say that I see more tt's then nsxs. In my eyes, the nsx is more rare.

A better car? That is a different story. But they sure are reliable!

Old 09-27-2003, 05:53 PM
WARDHOG is infamous around these parts
Originally posted by ben, lj
that is pretty funny. the nsx is a better comparison with the 996 non-tt. doubt many 996 non tt owners would trade for the honda, much less tt owners.
I really don't see how it can out perform the non TT 911. The torque or horsepower is not very impressive for a car that claims to be an exotic. The only thing I find exotic about that car is the price tag.

NSX - MSN site

Old 09-27-2003, 06:51 PM
20C4S has a reputation beyond repute20C4S has a reputation beyond repute20C4S has a reputation beyond repute20C4S has a reputation beyond repute20C4S has a reputation beyond repute20C4S has a reputation beyond repute20C4S has a reputation beyond repute20C4S has a reputation beyond repute20C4S has a reputation beyond repute20C4S has a reputation beyond repute20C4S has a reputation beyond repute
quote, "The Diablo is on a class all alone!

But the NSX is, IMO, an exotic. It is better than Porsche and on the same level as Aston Martins or Lotus and those are considered exotic.

F50, Enzo, CarreraGT, McLaren, Koenigseeg, Zonda, ... are SUPER EXOTIC!"

even 10 years ago, i didn't want a NSX . 10 years later, looks like it is still the same

i think Honda doesn't know how to redesign the NSX to look better!

Old 09-27-2003, 06:53 PM
Periokid has much to be proud ofPeriokid has much to be proud ofPeriokid has much to be proud ofPeriokid has much to be proud ofPeriokid has much to be proud ofPeriokid has much to be proud ofPeriokid has much to be proud ofPeriokid has much to be proud ofPeriokid has much to be proud ofPeriokid has much to be proud of
Just because the engine figures seem low does not mean the car can't perform.

The NSX was way ahead of its time.

All aluminum body, all aluminum suspension, anitlock brakes and traction control, Variable valve timing, 8000 rpm redline. This was all in 1990.

Its handling and balance are very hard to beat, even with todays line of cars.

Performance is not just about hp figures. I have a friend who is a superior driver (not me) and he walks on most porsches at the race track all day long.

Anyhow, would I buy a brand new NSX for $73,000 (that's what you can get them for), no I wouldn't. But the NSX is a very amazing car.

Old 09-27-2003, 06:54 PM
Shawn C has a reputation beyond reputeShawn C has a reputation beyond reputeShawn C has a reputation beyond reputeShawn C has a reputation beyond reputeShawn C has a reputation beyond reputeShawn C has a reputation beyond reputeShawn C has a reputation beyond reputeShawn C has a reputation beyond reputeShawn C has a reputation beyond reputeShawn C has a reputation beyond reputeShawn C has a reputation beyond repute
OMG ... It's a honda!
and it's design is dated ... :P

Old 09-27-2003, 07:05 PM
HotRodGuy Is a GOD !HotRodGuy Is a GOD !HotRodGuy Is a GOD !HotRodGuy Is a GOD !HotRodGuy Is a GOD !HotRodGuy Is a GOD !HotRodGuy Is a GOD !HotRodGuy Is a GOD !HotRodGuy Is a GOD !HotRodGuy Is a GOD !HotRodGuy Is a GOD !
it's a great car, just outdated, needs a big bump in some HP to start playing again. The handling of the car is unreal though

Old 09-27-2003, 07:07 PM
I agree Soon2be, 100%.

Old 09-27-2003, 07:35 PM
The Newest "Bling King"
Gary (Fl) is infamous around these parts
Originally posted by Soon2be993tt
it's a great car, just outdated, needs a big bump in some HP to start playing again. The handling of the car is unreal though
I would agree that it is badly outdated. My friend has one that is about 3000lbs with supercharger and I have seen him beat a stock TT 0-100. He can really hold his own at Sebring... Now he is an awesome driver to.

Now my stage IV on the other hand....

You would have to say it has held up over time. But it should have been redesigned a few years ago..

But it IS A HONDA....

Old 09-27-2003, 07:42 PM
Zippy has a reputation beyond reputeZippy has a reputation beyond reputeZippy has a reputation beyond reputeZippy has a reputation beyond reputeZippy has a reputation beyond reputeZippy has a reputation beyond reputeZippy has a reputation beyond reputeZippy has a reputation beyond reputeZippy has a reputation beyond reputeZippy has a reputation beyond reputeZippy has a reputation beyond repute
Think of it this way. Would a guy trade his NSX straight across for a 996TT? I would think every time.

Old 09-27-2003, 08:16 PM
WARDHOG is infamous around these parts
[QUOTE]Originally posted by WARDHOG
I really don't see how it can out perform the non TT 911. The torque or horsepower is not very impressive for a car that claims to be an exotic. The only thing I find exotic about that car is the price tag.

Like I was saying.....

Old 09-27-2003, 08:24 PM
HotRodGuy Is a GOD !HotRodGuy Is a GOD !HotRodGuy Is a GOD !HotRodGuy Is a GOD !HotRodGuy Is a GOD !HotRodGuy Is a GOD !HotRodGuy Is a GOD !HotRodGuy Is a GOD !HotRodGuy Is a GOD !HotRodGuy Is a GOD !HotRodGuy Is a GOD !
Originally posted by Gary (Fl)
I would agree that it is badly outdated. My friend has one that is about 3000lbs with supercharger and I have seen him beat a stock TT 0-100. He can really hold his own at Sebring... Now he is an awesome driver to.

Now my stage IV on the other hand....

You would have to say it has held up over time. But it should have been redesigned a few years ago..

But it IS A HONDA....

Yea, i've driven a boosted one before and it made a HUGE improvement on the car.

Honda's aren't that bad, it shouldn't be about the brand, it's about the car (but what do I know, I own a couple honduhs )

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: Is NSX more exotic than 996TT?