996 Turbo / GT2 Turbo discussion on previous model 2000-2005 Porsche 911 Twin Turbo and 911 GT2.

Texas Mile Canceled ?

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 02-18-2010, 02:10 PM
MBailey Is a GOD !MBailey Is a GOD !MBailey Is a GOD !MBailey Is a GOD !MBailey Is a GOD !MBailey Is a GOD !MBailey Is a GOD !MBailey Is a GOD !MBailey Is a GOD !MBailey Is a GOD !MBailey Is a GOD !
Originally Posted by AtomicZ
Ben -

Maybe you can rub some of your magic on my car so I can break 200 mph.
With 715 rwhp you should not have any problem!!

Have you taken her to the drag strip or run any 60-130s yet?

Old 02-18-2010, 02:14 PM
MBailey Is a GOD !MBailey Is a GOD !MBailey Is a GOD !MBailey Is a GOD !MBailey Is a GOD !MBailey Is a GOD !MBailey Is a GOD !MBailey Is a GOD !MBailey Is a GOD !MBailey Is a GOD !MBailey Is a GOD !
Originally Posted by bmoores
I'll see what I can do. I will most likely dump my spot pretty soon as I haven't made any significant changes. I will drive down to Goliad though and goof around for the weekend with you guys though.
Ben, you should run at least once to see how your new tune does!

Old 02-18-2010, 02:38 PM
BlackHorseTurbo Is a GOD !BlackHorseTurbo Is a GOD !BlackHorseTurbo Is a GOD !BlackHorseTurbo Is a GOD !BlackHorseTurbo Is a GOD !BlackHorseTurbo Is a GOD !BlackHorseTurbo Is a GOD !BlackHorseTurbo Is a GOD !BlackHorseTurbo Is a GOD !BlackHorseTurbo Is a GOD !BlackHorseTurbo Is a GOD !
Originally Posted by MBailey

Good point..

Old 02-18-2010, 02:44 PM
bmoores Is a GOD !bmoores Is a GOD !bmoores Is a GOD !bmoores Is a GOD !bmoores Is a GOD !bmoores Is a GOD !bmoores Is a GOD !bmoores Is a GOD !bmoores Is a GOD !bmoores Is a GOD !bmoores Is a GOD !
Mike, if I thought it would make a HUGE difference I would but I don't think it will. Honestly I'm so happy to have the car dialed in and drive it when I get the opportunity. I'll probably drive it to Goliad hang out with everyone and enjoy spectating and offer any help/support I can to the guys making the trek cross country. I was so caught up in my own efforts last year I probably didn't enjoy the atmosphere as much as I could have. It was great to have a bunch of guys cheering me on too so hopefully I'll fulfill that role this year.

Old 02-18-2010, 02:50 PM
bmoores Is a GOD !bmoores Is a GOD !bmoores Is a GOD !bmoores Is a GOD !bmoores Is a GOD !bmoores Is a GOD !bmoores Is a GOD !bmoores Is a GOD !bmoores Is a GOD !bmoores Is a GOD !bmoores Is a GOD !
Originally Posted by Powell
Jake and Kevin are the monster trucks of the TX Mile, myself and a few others are like jacked up trucks, and Tom, Ben, etc.. Are the low riders! LOL!!!!
I resemble that comment!!!

They started a "big and tall" class at the mile for Kevin!

edit: Kevin I lost the post with our score count ..... be gentle

Old 02-18-2010, 04:56 PM
Former Vendor
Neil Switzer Is a GOD !Neil Switzer Is a GOD !Neil Switzer Is a GOD !Neil Switzer Is a GOD !Neil Switzer Is a GOD !Neil Switzer Is a GOD !Neil Switzer Is a GOD !Neil Switzer Is a GOD !Neil Switzer Is a GOD !Neil Switzer Is a GOD !Neil Switzer Is a GOD !
Busted...

Old 02-19-2010, 09:50 AM
AtomicZ Is a GOD !AtomicZ Is a GOD !AtomicZ Is a GOD !AtomicZ Is a GOD !AtomicZ Is a GOD !AtomicZ Is a GOD !AtomicZ Is a GOD !AtomicZ Is a GOD !AtomicZ Is a GOD !AtomicZ Is a GOD !AtomicZ Is a GOD !
Originally Posted by VividRacingTX
HAHA you don't need magic, you got da HP!!!
Still gotta run.

I'll see what I can do. I will most likely dump my spot pretty soon as I haven't made any significant changes. I will drive down to Goliad though and goof around for the weekend with you guys though.
Ben - Looking forward to seeing you and everyone else.

With 715 rwhp you should not have any problem!!

Have you taken her to the drag strip or run any 60-130s yet?
I brought the car home in November. Got two quick spins with a couple of buddies on low boost and its been sitting in the garage due to snow every since.

Previous owner ran a 5.93 with 1 shift 60-130 a few years ago in it.

I'll have it in Houston for TX2K10 and I'll get some 60-130 and 1/4 times while I am there and hopefully get everything sorted so I can make a decent showing at the mile.

Old 02-19-2010, 09:55 AM
I'll have it in Houston for TX2K10 and I'll get some 60-130 and 1/4 times while I am there and hopefully get everything sorted so I can make a decent showing at the mile.
Eric,

When you make it to Houston let me know. I've got a few good roads we can use to get your boost controller dialed in and a good spot for race gas if you don't already come with a drum of your own.

March will be here before we know it!

Old 02-19-2010, 10:14 AM
AtomicZ Is a GOD !AtomicZ Is a GOD !AtomicZ Is a GOD !AtomicZ Is a GOD !AtomicZ Is a GOD !AtomicZ Is a GOD !AtomicZ Is a GOD !AtomicZ Is a GOD !AtomicZ Is a GOD !AtomicZ Is a GOD !AtomicZ Is a GOD !
Eric,

When you make it to Houston let me know. I've got a few good roads we can use to get your boost controller dialed in and a good spot for race gas if you don't already come with a drum of your own.

March will be here before we know it!
Ben -

I'll PM my cell # to you. We'll get there Wednesday late afternoon/early evening. I'll be running the road course on Thursday then the rest of the TX2K schedule from there.

I'll take you up on the race gas. With two cars in the trailer I will be limited on space. I have some 100 octane I will bring in 5 gallons jugs but I do not have any MS109 or C16.

Old 02-19-2010, 12:33 PM
I brought the car home in November. Got two quick spins with a couple of buddies on low boost and its been sitting in the garage due to snow every since.

Previous owner ran a 5.93 with 1 shift 60-130 a few years ago in it.

Thanks Eric!
Look forward to meeting you and your beast at the mile!!

Old 02-19-2010, 01:14 PM
BlackHorseTurbo Is a GOD !BlackHorseTurbo Is a GOD !BlackHorseTurbo Is a GOD !BlackHorseTurbo Is a GOD !BlackHorseTurbo Is a GOD !BlackHorseTurbo Is a GOD !BlackHorseTurbo Is a GOD !BlackHorseTurbo Is a GOD !BlackHorseTurbo Is a GOD !BlackHorseTurbo Is a GOD !BlackHorseTurbo Is a GOD !
brought the car home in November. Got two quick spins with a couple of buddies on low boost and its been sitting in the garage due to snow every since.

Damn, that sucks. I bet you are dying to drive the **** out of it.

Old 02-19-2010, 03:46 PM
Thanks Eric!
Look forward to meeting you and your beast at the mile!!
Looking forward to meeting you as well.

Originally Posted by VividRacingTX
Damn, that sucks. I bet you are dying to drive the **** out of it.
Not much you can do in the winter up here.