996 Turbo / GT2 Turbo discussion on previous model 2000-2005 Porsche 911 Twin Turbo and 911 GT2.

clutch accumalator went bad

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 02-05-2010, 12:25 PM
Mikelly Is a GOD !Mikelly Is a GOD !Mikelly Is a GOD !Mikelly Is a GOD !Mikelly Is a GOD !Mikelly Is a GOD !Mikelly Is a GOD !Mikelly Is a GOD !Mikelly Is a GOD !Mikelly Is a GOD !Mikelly Is a GOD !
I have an accumulator that is less than 6 months old, along with a slave that's got about 6K miles use on it, and a brand new master still in the box, along with an old one that I'll be unloading shortly... Just got all the parts last night, back from the shop. The pieces were all purchased thru Suncoast.

Mike

Old 02-05-2010, 01:22 PM
dgreen78 has a reputation beyond reputedgreen78 has a reputation beyond reputedgreen78 has a reputation beyond reputedgreen78 has a reputation beyond reputedgreen78 has a reputation beyond reputedgreen78 has a reputation beyond reputedgreen78 has a reputation beyond reputedgreen78 has a reputation beyond reputedgreen78 has a reputation beyond reputedgreen78 has a reputation beyond reputedgreen78 has a reputation beyond repute
I have a GT2 slave cylinder bracket for cheap if you decide to do the conversion PM me.

Old 02-05-2010, 01:37 PM
jimmy k is a jewel in the roughjimmy k is a jewel in the roughjimmy k is a jewel in the roughjimmy k is a jewel in the rough
Originally Posted by ssmugen
GT2 all the way. The power assist makes the engagement point feel numb. All turbos should have been left w/o the failing accumulator and started its life with the GT2 setup. If your accumulator went out consider yourself lucky and upgrade to the GT2 Slave.
This is exactly how my clutch feels sometimes. I've told my service advisors at the dealer, and they all say it's normal. It drives me nuts sometimes.

How much parts and labor should I expect for the GT2 setup?

Old 02-05-2010, 04:49 PM
Mikelly Is a GOD !Mikelly Is a GOD !Mikelly Is a GOD !Mikelly Is a GOD !Mikelly Is a GOD !Mikelly Is a GOD !Mikelly Is a GOD !Mikelly Is a GOD !Mikelly Is a GOD !Mikelly Is a GOD !Mikelly Is a GOD !
Any of you guys looking for the GT2 conversion should buy Dgreens bracket, and the following pieces:

GT2 Powersteering pump
GT2 Mastercylinder
GT2 Slave Cylinder

And about 18 cans of brake cleaner, to use to flush the system with.

Mike

Old 02-05-2010, 05:05 PM
FAST FWD Is a GOD !FAST FWD Is a GOD !FAST FWD Is a GOD !FAST FWD Is a GOD !FAST FWD Is a GOD !FAST FWD Is a GOD !FAST FWD Is a GOD !FAST FWD Is a GOD !FAST FWD Is a GOD !FAST FWD Is a GOD !FAST FWD Is a GOD !
Originally Posted by Mikelly
Any of you guys looking for the GT2 conversion should buy Dgreens bracket, and the following pieces:

GT2 Powersteering pump
GT2 Mastercylinder
GT2 Slave Cylinder

And about 18 cans of brake cleaner, to use to flush the system with.

Mike
What is "Dgreens bracket" ? Is that the RSS thang that adjusts the pedal travel?

Old 02-05-2010, 05:38 PM
No, He has the bracket from the evoms kit.

Mike

Old 02-05-2010, 05:52 PM
ard
ard Is a GOD !ard Is a GOD !ard Is a GOD !ard Is a GOD !ard Is a GOD !ard Is a GOD !ard Is a GOD !ard Is a GOD !ard Is a GOD !ard Is a GOD !ard Is a GOD !
Originally Posted by g8rdmd
Never mind now...just got off the phone with my shop and they said the warranty person he spoke with today now says they will NOT cover the part I'm regretting more and more getting this warranty...I partially hope for a major failure just so I can justify the expense I paid But not really, I guess it's kind of like life insurance or major disability...you have the peace of mind knowing it's there, but hope to God you never need to use it
What is the language in the policy, and under what construct are they declining it?

If you let them 'decide', they will certainly err on the side of 'you lose'....

Edit: Many plans say something like: "Normal wear and tear, such as clutches, belts, hoses are excluded"... if this is what they are pointing to, then they are wrong- a 'clutch' has a pretty well defined meaning- and 'hydraulic components of a clutch system' are not a 'clutch' nor are they 'normal wear and tear'....GL

Last edited by ard; 02-05-2010 at 05:55 PM.
Old 02-05-2010, 06:23 PM
RiA
RiA Is a GOD !RiA Is a GOD !RiA Is a GOD !RiA Is a GOD !RiA Is a GOD !RiA Is a GOD !RiA Is a GOD !RiA Is a GOD !RiA Is a GOD !RiA Is a GOD !RiA Is a GOD !
ard is correct - challenge their decision however you can.

GL

Old 02-05-2010, 06:41 PM
Freier is infamous around these parts
Great thread. What is the additional amount of effort of the GT2 set up compared to the standard Turbo config?

Old 02-05-2010, 06:48 PM
Yves Is a GOD !Yves Is a GOD !Yves Is a GOD !Yves Is a GOD !Yves Is a GOD !Yves Is a GOD !Yves Is a GOD !Yves Is a GOD !Yves Is a GOD !Yves Is a GOD !Yves Is a GOD !
Agree, need more info on GT2 set-up. What is the total cost (parts + labor) ?

Old 02-05-2010, 06:48 PM
Pedal effort is more significant, but the clutch "feel" and engagement are worth it. Feeling where the clutch starts and stops it's engagement is well worth the extra effort to push the pedal. Not to mention removing pentosin from the mix on the clutch hydraulic system...

Mike

Old 02-05-2010, 06:52 PM
ttboost Is a GOD !ttboost Is a GOD !ttboost Is a GOD !ttboost Is a GOD !ttboost Is a GOD !ttboost Is a GOD !ttboost Is a GOD !ttboost Is a GOD !ttboost Is a GOD !ttboost Is a GOD !ttboost Is a GOD !
It's cheaper if you can do the GT2 mod when you do a clutch, as everything is exposed then, otherwise it's a bear to do. There are "kits" you can buy for $900-$1000. If you shop around, I think you can buy the parts outright for less than $500 or so. You STILL need the magic bracket the dgreen sells to finish it up.

Old 02-05-2010, 07:22 PM
FAST FWD Is a GOD !FAST FWD Is a GOD !FAST FWD Is a GOD !FAST FWD Is a GOD !FAST FWD Is a GOD !FAST FWD Is a GOD !FAST FWD Is a GOD !FAST FWD Is a GOD !FAST FWD Is a GOD !FAST FWD Is a GOD !FAST FWD Is a GOD !
Mike, TTBoost:

I'm sorry, but I don't understand what you are talking about. I have the parts for the GT2 conversion kit en route, and will be having the clutch done at the same time. This is the first I have heard of dgreen and a magic bracket. Could you please be a little more specific?

Thanks,

Jon

Old 02-05-2010, 07:29 PM
ttboost Is a GOD !ttboost Is a GOD !ttboost Is a GOD !ttboost Is a GOD !ttboost Is a GOD !ttboost Is a GOD !ttboost Is a GOD !ttboost Is a GOD !ttboost Is a GOD !ttboost Is a GOD !ttboost Is a GOD !
Originally Posted by FAST FWD
Mike, TTBoost:

I'm sorry, but I don't understand what you are talking about. I have the parts for the GT2 conversion kit en route, and will be having the clutch done at the same time. This is the first I have heard of dgreen and a magic bracket. Could you please be a little more specific?

Thanks,

Jon
There is a bracket that holds the slave I believe. Did you buy the GT2 "kit" or did you sole source the parts? I did my homework and located all the parts pretty cheap and Don sold me a bracket. I just haven't bought the parts and done it yet.
These are the parts I'm told you need:

Slave Cylinder 99611623790
Master Cyl 99642317106
Clutch assist spring 99642308113
Hydraulic line 99642337790

I've found ALL of these parts online for $346.

Old 02-05-2010, 07:43 PM
Originally Posted by ttboost
There is a bracket that holds the slave I believe. Did you buy the GT2 "kit" or did you sole source the parts? I did my homework and located all the parts pretty cheap and Don sold me a bracket. I just haven't bought the parts and done it yet.
These are the parts I'm told you need:

Slave Cylinder 99611623790
Master Cyl 99642317106
Clutch assist spring 99642308113
Hydraulic line 99642337790

I've found ALL of these parts online for $346.
Kevin @ UMW sourced these for me when I ordered the clutch package.

Still don't understand about the bracket - is that to move the clutch actuator to the other side of the bell housing? Is this dgreen78 you guys are talking about?

Jon

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: clutch accumalator went bad