996 Turbo / GT2 Turbo discussion on previous model 2000-2005 Porsche 911 Twin Turbo and 911 GT2.

clutch accumalator went bad

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 02-05-2010, 07:44 PM
ttboost Is a GOD !ttboost Is a GOD !ttboost Is a GOD !ttboost Is a GOD !ttboost Is a GOD !ttboost Is a GOD !ttboost Is a GOD !ttboost Is a GOD !ttboost Is a GOD !ttboost Is a GOD !ttboost Is a GOD !
Originally Posted by FAST FWD
Kevin @ UMW sourced these for me when I ordered the clutch package.

Still don't understand about the bracket - is that to move the clutch actuator to the other side of the bell housing? Is this dgreen78 you guys are talking about?

Jon

Yup, post #17 of this thread. You should be all set.

Old 02-05-2010, 07:55 PM
FAST FWD Is a GOD !FAST FWD Is a GOD !FAST FWD Is a GOD !FAST FWD Is a GOD !FAST FWD Is a GOD !FAST FWD Is a GOD !FAST FWD Is a GOD !FAST FWD Is a GOD !FAST FWD Is a GOD !FAST FWD Is a GOD !FAST FWD Is a GOD !
Originally Posted by ttboost
Yup, post #17 of this thread. You should be all set.
Thanks a lot - PM sent.

To the OP - sorry for hijacking your thread.

Old 02-05-2010, 07:59 PM
Page is a glorious beacon of lightPage is a glorious beacon of lightPage is a glorious beacon of lightPage is a glorious beacon of lightPage is a glorious beacon of lightPage is a glorious beacon of light
I need to this this also. I have pentosin fluid leaking from the front reservoir.
Here is some information I gathered a while back. Hope this helps. I can see how getting the GT2 power steering pump would make it easier, but not sure on the price on the pump. In one of the documents below they modify the stock pump instead.

http://locodemoto.com/documents/Clutch/clutchslave.zip

Old 02-05-2010, 08:11 PM
FAST FWD Is a GOD !FAST FWD Is a GOD !FAST FWD Is a GOD !FAST FWD Is a GOD !FAST FWD Is a GOD !FAST FWD Is a GOD !FAST FWD Is a GOD !FAST FWD Is a GOD !FAST FWD Is a GOD !FAST FWD Is a GOD !FAST FWD Is a GOD !
Originally Posted by Page
I need to this this also. I have pentosin fluid leaking from the front reservoir.
Here is some information I gathered a while back. Hope this helps. I can see how getting the GT2 power steering pump would make it easier, but not sure on the price on the pump. In one of the documents below they modify the stock pump instead.

Those docs are for the EVOMS kit. I also ordered the GT2 PS pump - it's about $450.

Old 02-05-2010, 08:24 PM
gnewhouse has a spectacular aura aboutgnewhouse has a spectacular aura aboutgnewhouse has a spectacular aura about
Here's one more that needs a clutch accumulator replacement (inconsistent pedal effort). Prior owner just had the PS pump replaced under extended warranty with p/n 997-314-920-31, the stock (improved?) part I assume, not the GT-3 thang...
Ok, so who will create and post the complete, with nice pics like the guy who did the brake job, DIY for us adventurous (or is it stupid) types ??

Old 02-06-2010, 05:32 AM
ttboost Is a GOD !ttboost Is a GOD !ttboost Is a GOD !ttboost Is a GOD !ttboost Is a GOD !ttboost Is a GOD !ttboost Is a GOD !ttboost Is a GOD !ttboost Is a GOD !ttboost Is a GOD !ttboost Is a GOD !
Originally Posted by Page

No need to spend the extra $450. Just unplug the line at the pump going to the clutch, clean it out with brake clean, done.

Old 02-06-2010, 06:05 AM
Mikelly Is a GOD !Mikelly Is a GOD !Mikelly Is a GOD !Mikelly Is a GOD !Mikelly Is a GOD !Mikelly Is a GOD !Mikelly Is a GOD !Mikelly Is a GOD !Mikelly Is a GOD !Mikelly Is a GOD !Mikelly Is a GOD !
Yea, that's not quite accurate. There's a LOT of labor associated with pulling the Pump, and pulling it appart, then installing the plugs and re-assembling the pump, then re-installing it. The smarted thing to do would be to buy the bracket and buy an OEM GT2 Pump. This was JUST done on my car within the last two weeks and it isn't quick or easy. There is also a risk of leaking from the plugs, if not done correctly.

Mike

Originally Posted by ttboost
No need to spend the extra $450. Just unplug the line at the pump going to the clutch, clean it out with brake clean, done.

Old 02-06-2010, 10:18 AM
blue911tt is infamous around these parts
I just got my car back from the dealer. They only replaced the clutch accumalator. The only difference i feel is the clutch is softer at start up, when you drive the car it feels the same as before. Is this normal?

Old 02-06-2010, 12:12 PM
JD's03tt is infamous around these parts
Yes

Old 06-29-2010, 01:37 PM
harkerdude is infamous around these partsharkerdude is infamous around these parts
reviving an old thread.

I have a faulty reservoir that sounds awful right now and I understand if I want to update that to a 997 part, I need to upgrade both reservoir and the pump.

If I choose to do gt2 conversion and get gt2 power steering pump, could I still use the old reservoir? or is there a specific reservoir for gt2 pump?

Thank you very much

Old 06-29-2010, 02:52 PM
jpflip Is a GOD !jpflip Is a GOD !jpflip Is a GOD !jpflip Is a GOD !jpflip Is a GOD !jpflip Is a GOD !jpflip Is a GOD !jpflip Is a GOD !jpflip Is a GOD !jpflip Is a GOD !jpflip Is a GOD !
If your accumulator went bad and you've decided to go "GT2 conversion" you have to replace the slave and other parts but you can keep the old steering pump but a small coupler inside the steering pump has to come out.

Look at this thread to learn more about the installation: Also look at the word documents from "jcb-memphis"

https://www.6speedonline.com/forums/...ns-help-2.html

Old 06-29-2010, 05:51 PM
steve harris Is a GOD !steve harris Is a GOD !steve harris Is a GOD !steve harris Is a GOD !steve harris Is a GOD !steve harris Is a GOD !steve harris Is a GOD !steve harris Is a GOD !steve harris Is a GOD !steve harris Is a GOD !steve harris Is a GOD !
oh no mine is bad also, and i thought the clutch was hard because of my weak left leg(stroke) my indy said it was an ez deal a nd qouted me a great price . but the gt2 thing seems like the way to if it's not to hard on my weak leg, how diffacult is the change

Old 06-29-2010, 05:54 PM
jpflip Is a GOD !jpflip Is a GOD !jpflip Is a GOD !jpflip Is a GOD !jpflip Is a GOD !jpflip Is a GOD !jpflip Is a GOD !jpflip Is a GOD !jpflip Is a GOD !jpflip Is a GOD !jpflip Is a GOD !
Originally Posted by steve harris
oh no mine is bad also, and i thought the clutch was hard because of my weak left leg(stroke) my indy said it was an ez deal a nd qouted me a great price . but the gt2 thing seems like the way to if it's not to hard on my weak leg, how diffacult is the change
Steve if you want a low budget fix there is an accumulator on ebay for $119.00 + $7.00 shipping....http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/996-T...s#ht_500wt_956

Old 06-29-2010, 08:40 PM
harkerdude is infamous around these partsharkerdude is infamous around these parts
I think other components in my system works fine except the common power steering pump/reserve noise.

I've looked through many threads concerning this issue and was unable to understand which part needs to be replaced. I understand the pump is updated to 997 parts which would need the reserve to be replaced as well but if the reserve is the issue, I can still use the pump right?

Can there be problem with either parts? TSB states the valve in reservoir is known to break but some people mention the pump as the culprit so I was confused.

Thanks again for the helpful replies.

edit: i'm sorry that I'm just piling on the questions but if I do the gt2 slave delete, will that fix this problem? or have no effect in whining noise because they are remote? Thank you again.

Last edited by harkerdude; 06-29-2010 at 08:52 PM.
Old 06-29-2010, 08:53 PM
PAULUNM is a name known to allPAULUNM is a name known to allPAULUNM is a name known to allPAULUNM is a name known to allPAULUNM is a name known to allPAULUNM is a name known to all
Originally Posted by harkerdude
I think other components in my system works fine except the common power steering pump/reserve noise.

I've looked through many threads concerning this issue and was unable to understand which part needs to be replaced. I understand the pump is updated to 997 parts which would need the reserve to be replaced as well but if the reserve is the issue, I can still use the pump right?

Can there be problem with either parts? TSB states the valve in reservoir is known to break but some people mention the pump as the culprit so I was confused.

Thanks again for the helpful replies.

edit: i'm sorry that I'm just piling on the questions but if I do the gt2 slave delete, will that fix this problem? or have no effect in whining noise because they are remote? Thank you again.
If you are getting the high pitched noise that goes away when you push in the clutch- all you need is the 997 power steering reservoir. I had mine replaced, fixed the noise- and hopefully won't catch fire!

And the GT2 slave conversion won't stop the noise as far as I know.

Last edited by PAULUNM; 06-29-2010 at 08:54 PM. Reason: add

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: clutch accumalator went bad