996 Turbo / GT2 Turbo discussion on previous model 2000-2005 Porsche 911 Twin Turbo and 911 GT2.

Found dustless pads for the C4S and TT

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 12-23-2004, 05:20 PM
Banned
Tim W. is infamous around these parts
Devil

Good to know it has moved to another good home

Funny thing about this is that 4 months ago all they had in the states was rears. I did not care to much about the reas as the big dusting is on the front. Now they have no rears.

Also the number is for the fronts. Mark shipped mine today. Can;t wait for this little (although odd) Xmas present to myself.

And as Mike said, if you chamfere the edges they wear in real nice.

Old 12-23-2004, 07:07 PM
laj_c4s is infamous around these parts
sorry, but "chamfere"?

Old 12-24-2004, 04:53 AM
Red Devil is a name known to allRed Devil is a name known to allRed Devil is a name known to allRed Devil is a name known to allRed Devil is a name known to allRed Devil is a name known to all
Chamfer is a rounded bevel. Usually you are taking a sharp edge like a 90 degree corner and rounding or rolling it so you don't have a binding spot.

Old 12-24-2004, 05:06 AM
jayster is infamous around these parts
Smile sweet

Thanks for the info, will try the chamfer on leading edge again, say a 16th or so?
Happy Holidays, Mike

Old 12-24-2004, 07:33 AM
Banned
Tim W. is infamous around these parts
I just take my dremel tool to the edges to take off the straight perpendicular meeting between the pad and the roter.

Old 03-29-2005, 03:29 PM
SilverTTCab has much to be proud ofSilverTTCab has much to be proud ofSilverTTCab has much to be proud ofSilverTTCab has much to be proud ofSilverTTCab has much to be proud ofSilverTTCab has much to be proud ofSilverTTCab has much to be proud ofSilverTTCab has much to be proud of
I brought this thread back from the dead to see how the brake pads are treating you!

Tim, and anyone else that have them, how are they?

Old 03-29-2005, 03:57 PM
GO 6SPEED!
DEETZ is infamous around these parts
anything for the Cayenne?

Old 03-29-2005, 04:22 PM
Former Vendor
Josh/AWE Is a GOD !Josh/AWE Is a GOD !Josh/AWE Is a GOD !Josh/AWE Is a GOD !Josh/AWE Is a GOD !Josh/AWE Is a GOD !Josh/AWE Is a GOD !Josh/AWE Is a GOD !Josh/AWE Is a GOD !Josh/AWE Is a GOD !Josh/AWE Is a GOD !
Originally posted by SilverTTCab
I brought this thread back from the dead to see how the brake pads are treating you!

Tim, and anyone else that have them, how are they?
We just got a few sets in. Mintex Red Box low dust street pads.

$75 plus shipping. These are not on our website so email me if you are interested.

mike@awe-tuning.com

Old 03-29-2005, 05:09 PM
JakeMate is infamous around these parts
Can you elaborate, is the $75 for one front wheel or entire front axle? Are rears available too?

Thanks!

Old 03-30-2005, 07:20 AM
Former Vendor
Josh/AWE Is a GOD !Josh/AWE Is a GOD !Josh/AWE Is a GOD !Josh/AWE Is a GOD !Josh/AWE Is a GOD !Josh/AWE Is a GOD !Josh/AWE Is a GOD !Josh/AWE Is a GOD !Josh/AWE Is a GOD !Josh/AWE Is a GOD !Josh/AWE Is a GOD !
Originally posted by JakeMate
Can you elaborate, is the $75 for one front wheel or entire front axle? Are rears available too?

Thanks!
The $75 is for a total of 4 pads. We do not have rears available just yet.

Old 03-30-2005, 07:51 AM
Gunther Is a GOD !Gunther Is a GOD !Gunther Is a GOD !Gunther Is a GOD !Gunther Is a GOD !Gunther Is a GOD !Gunther Is a GOD !Gunther Is a GOD !Gunther Is a GOD !Gunther Is a GOD !Gunther Is a GOD !
So if I do a couple of DE's a year do I need to swap these pads out prior to each event? Why are they not good on the track?

Old 03-30-2005, 08:02 AM
Former Vendor
Originally posted by Gunther
So if I do a couple of DE's a year do I need to swap these pads out prior to each event? Why are they not good on the track?
Same reason your stock pads are not good for the track. They are not designed for extreme high heat for extended periods. These are for street use only.

The reason we sell them is becasue there is much less dust left behind from normal driving.

Use street pads on the street and track pads at the track.

Old 03-30-2005, 09:33 AM
Ruiner is infamous around these parts
Originally posted by Mike/A.W.E.
The $75 is for a total of 4 pads. We do not have rears available just yet.
Well, that answers my question.

Old 03-30-2005, 11:57 AM
Gunther Is a GOD !Gunther Is a GOD !Gunther Is a GOD !Gunther Is a GOD !Gunther Is a GOD !Gunther Is a GOD !Gunther Is a GOD !Gunther Is a GOD !Gunther Is a GOD !Gunther Is a GOD !Gunther Is a GOD !
Mike,

Are you saying the 20 minute DE's I'm doing are unacceptable for my street pads?

Old 03-30-2005, 12:30 PM
Former Vendor
Originally posted by Gunther
Mike,

Are you saying the 20 minute DE's I'm doing are unacceptable for my street pads?

All depends on your skill level and how hard you brake. If you are a first timer, you could you use your stockers. If you're driving angry, you may only get 2 laps in. When it comes to brakes, I prefer to be extra cautious.

What if your skill and confidence level increase and you begin to brake deeper and stress the stockers? How upset would you be if your 130k+ super car started to experience brake fade at the track?

My suggestion for a track day is a good flush annd bleed with some Castrol SRF fluid and a set of Pagid pads.

You can use any pads you want. I'm just advising there are better pads that can be used at the track.

Last edited by Josh/AWE; 03-30-2005 at 01:39 PM.

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: Found dustless pads for the C4S and TT