996 Turbo / GT2 Turbo discussion on previous model 2000-2005 Porsche 911 Twin Turbo and 911 GT2.

The only way to travel in 10 inches of snow..

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 02-26-2010, 07:13 PM
S4Drifter is infamous around these parts
Looks like fun.

I just got my '02 x50 in December and its been sitting in the garage on summer tires. I vow that next winter she will not hibernate. What wheel tire setup are you guys running for the winter and how concerned should I be about the salt on the roads? I live in upstate NY (17" today) and they do a good job of keeping the deep stuff off the roads. Its killing me not to drive. Somehow my Fj Cruiser isnt quite as fun....

TIA

Old 02-26-2010, 07:17 PM
S4Drifter is infamous around these parts
Oops. Missed the other replies...

I see your running blizzaks. On 18's I assume but will 17's work? I am still curious about the salt issue though.

Old 02-26-2010, 07:28 PM
Hogapalooza has a reputation beyond reputeHogapalooza has a reputation beyond reputeHogapalooza has a reputation beyond reputeHogapalooza has a reputation beyond reputeHogapalooza has a reputation beyond reputeHogapalooza has a reputation beyond reputeHogapalooza has a reputation beyond reputeHogapalooza has a reputation beyond reputeHogapalooza has a reputation beyond reputeHogapalooza has a reputation beyond reputeHogapalooza has a reputation beyond repute
I'm on summer tires but we don't get the snow you do. 6" was the most we got at one time.
We don't use as much salt either, but I go to the car wash and for 0.75$ I get 2:45 of pressure washer time. So once or twice a weekn I just do that and hand wash it on the weekend if it's about 32 degrees. Even if I am only going to get 2 or 3 dry days the car gets hand washed.
Just keep it clean and you'll be fine. I'm pretty sure it snows in Germany.

Old 02-26-2010, 08:57 PM
XwalkerX has much to be proud ofXwalkerX has much to be proud ofXwalkerX has much to be proud ofXwalkerX has much to be proud ofXwalkerX has much to be proud ofXwalkerX has much to be proud ofXwalkerX has much to be proud ofXwalkerX has much to be proud of
im picking my 996 up next week in salt lake city and driving it back to beautiful buffalo ny...

should be interesting...

Old 02-27-2010, 02:47 AM
ReeknHavic Is a GOD !ReeknHavic Is a GOD !ReeknHavic Is a GOD !ReeknHavic Is a GOD !ReeknHavic Is a GOD !ReeknHavic Is a GOD !ReeknHavic Is a GOD !ReeknHavic Is a GOD !ReeknHavic Is a GOD !ReeknHavic Is a GOD !ReeknHavic Is a GOD !
Originally Posted by fdorn
Went to a Chicago Wolves game last night in somewhat of a blizzard. Left the game early and could not resist a large, wide open parking lot, PSM off to do endless donuts....

996 TT is just such stable car, easy car to control, in any condition. Amazed, still, after 4 years. (apologize for the bad camera pics - next time I'll get video)

I love it. This just further demonstrates what an awesome and flexible machine we own. How many cars can you easily make 700 hp with and drive year round?