996 Turbo / GT2 Turbo discussion on previous model 2000-2005 Porsche 911 Twin Turbo and 911 GT2.

Everyone wants to race your TT in Miami ? Geeeeez

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 12-24-2004, 10:31 AM
DJ
DJ has a reputation beyond reputeDJ has a reputation beyond reputeDJ has a reputation beyond reputeDJ has a reputation beyond reputeDJ has a reputation beyond reputeDJ has a reputation beyond reputeDJ has a reputation beyond reputeDJ has a reputation beyond reputeDJ has a reputation beyond reputeDJ has a reputation beyond reputeDJ has a reputation beyond repute
Read my post again - the attitude is leave me alone on the street thats all - becuase I am not going to race you on a public highway so you can see if your $15k of mods in a $20k car was worth it

Old 12-24-2004, 10:38 AM
rockitman has a reputation beyond reputerockitman has a reputation beyond reputerockitman has a reputation beyond reputerockitman has a reputation beyond reputerockitman has a reputation beyond reputerockitman has a reputation beyond reputerockitman has a reputation beyond reputerockitman has a reputation beyond reputerockitman has a reputation beyond reputerockitman has a reputation beyond reputerockitman has a reputation beyond repute
Re: Re: Everyone wants to race your TT in Miami ? Geeeeez

Originally posted by lithium
I hate neons and riceboys too but you never know what you run into to.
I have thought about this for some time...what is the difference between a ricer and some of us modaholics??? The only thing I can think of is $$$$. They are passionate enthusiast's like ourselves and deserve a reasonable amount of respect, imvho. That is not to say that there aren't any ahole attitudes out there, but I venture those types can be found in Porsche's, F-cars and Lambo's too...

Given the dollars, I bet ricer's would have no problem becoming sausagers...

Old 12-24-2004, 10:39 AM
dpblessing is infamous around these parts
Over on the HotRodDodge board they are talking about the Neon that 'killed' a Porsche Tt on 95.

j/k

Old 12-24-2004, 11:16 AM
HotRodGuy Is a GOD !HotRodGuy Is a GOD !HotRodGuy Is a GOD !HotRodGuy Is a GOD !HotRodGuy Is a GOD !HotRodGuy Is a GOD !HotRodGuy Is a GOD !HotRodGuy Is a GOD !HotRodGuy Is a GOD !HotRodGuy Is a GOD !HotRodGuy Is a GOD !
Originally posted by greyghost
I wouldnt mind stomping some punk on occassion but I have never, ever had anyone even approach me. I usually get ugly sneers and people looking out of the corner of their eye. It would be nice if someone would give a thumbs up or say "nice car" (which has happened a few times) and is very cool.

I give the thumps up to turbos when I see them, esp. modded ones. And hot rods, guys always look at me funny since i'm usually in my rice rocket

Old 12-24-2004, 11:18 AM
HotRodGuy Is a GOD !HotRodGuy Is a GOD !HotRodGuy Is a GOD !HotRodGuy Is a GOD !HotRodGuy Is a GOD !HotRodGuy Is a GOD !HotRodGuy Is a GOD !HotRodGuy Is a GOD !HotRodGuy Is a GOD !HotRodGuy Is a GOD !HotRodGuy Is a GOD !
Re: Re: Re: Everyone wants to race your TT in Miami ? Geeeeez

Originally posted by rockitman
I have thought about this for some time...what is the difference between a ricer and some of us modaholics??? The only thing I can think of is $$$$. They are passionate enthusiast's like ourselves and deserve a reasonable amount of respect, imvho. That is not to say that there aren't any ahole attitudes out there, but I venture those types can be found in Porsche's, F-cars and Lambo's too...

Given the dollars, I bet ricer's would have no problem becoming sausagers...

very well said

Old 12-24-2004, 11:21 AM
rockitman has a reputation beyond reputerockitman has a reputation beyond reputerockitman has a reputation beyond reputerockitman has a reputation beyond reputerockitman has a reputation beyond reputerockitman has a reputation beyond reputerockitman has a reputation beyond reputerockitman has a reputation beyond reputerockitman has a reputation beyond reputerockitman has a reputation beyond reputerockitman has a reputation beyond repute
Re: Re: Re: Re: Everyone wants to race your TT in Miami ? Geeeeez

Ricers are people who put stupid ugly **** on their slow cars to make the appear "faster" (THINK FAST AND FURIOUS), regardless of a japanese car or not. A 911 with some gay decals, neon lights and a fake BOV is rice.

Ricers deserve no respect, i dont agree with your statement.
Now who is being snobby ???
There are always exceptions to the rule....

Old 12-24-2004, 11:36 AM
TT993 is infamous around these parts
There will always be faster cars out there, but who cares. If we wanted to have the fastest car on the road we could have bought a 20k Neon and put 100k in mods in it. It would run 7 seconds in the quarter mile and it would be a total piece of **** just like it is stock. I would rather have a porsche anyday of the week even if its not the fastest car out there. Porsche owners or any other high end car owners dont have anything to prove to neon owners. At the end of the day which car would you rather own?

Old 12-24-2004, 11:42 AM
Banned
lithium is infamous around these parts
Originally posted by TT993
There will always be faster cars out there, but who cares. If we wanted to have the fastest car on the road we could have bought a 20k Neon and put 100k in mods in it. It would run 7 seconds in the quarter mile and it would be a total piece of **** just like it is stock. I would rather have a porsche anyday of the week even if its not the fastest car out there. Porsche owners or any other high end car owners dont have anything to prove to neon owners. At the end of the day which car would you rather own?
A 996tt of course. BTW: $100K wont get you into 7's, trust me, maybe 9's.

Old 12-24-2004, 11:56 AM
TT993 is infamous around these parts
Really? I thought you could run 4s with 100k?

Old 12-24-2004, 12:14 PM
alamein is infamous around these parts
srt4 = pos

for people who want a "fast" car, but have no class. just mho.

Old 12-24-2004, 12:24 PM
DJ
DJ has a reputation beyond reputeDJ has a reputation beyond reputeDJ has a reputation beyond reputeDJ has a reputation beyond reputeDJ has a reputation beyond reputeDJ has a reputation beyond reputeDJ has a reputation beyond reputeDJ has a reputation beyond reputeDJ has a reputation beyond reputeDJ has a reputation beyond reputeDJ has a reputation beyond repute
Ahh see there you go again with the snobby attitude. Not directly, but we both know what you mean. I respect all fine cars regardless of make or country of origin, ive owned pcars as well as jap cars, and have friends with Murces, GT2's and 360's who take out their "fast" (supras, tt vipers, GN's) cars on the weekends

Lithium no offense but are you reading what I have to say ?

My point is I am not engandering my life and others becuase some putz needs to prove something to himself on the highway - I only said this two other times already

Old 12-24-2004, 12:51 PM
WARDHOG is infamous around these parts
Originally posted by Darren
Lithium no offense but are you reading what I have to say ?

My point is I am not engandering my life and others becuase some putz needs to prove something to himself on the highway - I only said this two other times already
Darren, what's your point? I'm not sure I understand what you are trying to say. Can you explain it a little clearer? I mean, really spell it out. Could be a little more redefined? Don't see the big picture here. Could you help me out on this? I don't have a clue on what you are trying to express here. Can you please get to the chase? I really haven't caught your drift yet. Explain it one more time, please. Can you draw a picture? What about a blue print? Can't seem to follow what you are saying.......

Old 12-24-2004, 01:21 PM
DJ
WARDHOG -

Merry xmas pal by the way

Old 12-24-2004, 01:39 PM
Banned
lithium is infamous around these parts
Originally posted by alamein
srt4 = pos

for people who want a "fast" car, but have no class. just mho.
Or money... If we all had $150K to blow on cars i am sure everyone would be driving 911s and 360s I would never get a SRT4 but its an amazing bang for the buck, and with some goodies outperforms slow as cars like the c4s or any nonturbo pcar really (not counting the cgt).

Old 12-24-2004, 02:48 PM
Kills Bugs Fast
45otto is infamous around these parts
Don't get me wrong, I would never own a Neon, nor do I support my local ricers. I’m just saying there are fast POS' out there.

also, a lot of people look at our cars as fast, they want to know what there car will do against a car they know is fast, I think that is pretty cool.

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: Everyone wants to race your TT in Miami ? Geeeeez