996 Turbo / GT2 Turbo discussion on previous model 2000-2005 Porsche 911 Twin Turbo and 911 GT2.

Everyone wants to race your TT in Miami ? Geeeeez

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 12-24-2004, 02:55 PM
HotRodGuy Is a GOD !HotRodGuy Is a GOD !HotRodGuy Is a GOD !HotRodGuy Is a GOD !HotRodGuy Is a GOD !HotRodGuy Is a GOD !HotRodGuy Is a GOD !HotRodGuy Is a GOD !HotRodGuy Is a GOD !HotRodGuy Is a GOD !HotRodGuy Is a GOD !
Originally posted by alamein
srt4 = pos

for people who want a "fast" car, but have no class. just mho.

if the guys that buy these cars could own the cars you consider classy i'm sure they would

Old 12-24-2004, 04:17 PM
wantone is infamous around these parts
Darren ain't Carin'

Old 12-25-2004, 05:49 AM
Pioneer Member
Scott in H-town has a reputation beyond reputeScott in H-town has a reputation beyond reputeScott in H-town has a reputation beyond reputeScott in H-town has a reputation beyond reputeScott in H-town has a reputation beyond reputeScott in H-town has a reputation beyond reputeScott in H-town has a reputation beyond reputeScott in H-town has a reputation beyond reputeScott in H-town has a reputation beyond reputeScott in H-town has a reputation beyond reputeScott in H-town has a reputation beyond repute
Re: Everyone wants to race your TT in Miami ? Geeeeez

Originally posted by Darren
I feel for you guys down here dealing with these highway menaces on a daily basis...

Everytime I am on the highways, 95, ect, there is always some monkey in a Jap sedan or even funier this morning a yellow dodge neon all hopped up trying to provoke you to race....

NOthing make me laugh more than these guys getting so mad when you wont pay them any attention....

I dont have these issues on NY roads at all so this is all new to me but it really does get annyoing after a while...

Just dropped off my Friend at the airport for vegas, 5 am, and this ding dong in a hopped up Dodge neon...bannana yellow, with tons of Fast and furious work to it wouldn't get a clue that I will not jepordize my life and others to show you that my car is "better" than yours...he finally got so pissed and sped off..

Just venting - sorry guys!

So if Mr. Banana boat Neon reads his forum my car is an 02 x50 with 450hp roughly - so there now you know
If you can go faster than me - well great ...Like I care pal....stop drving like a jacka@s on the highways

Damn Darren. I didn't know that was you!? Why didn't you race me?? I would have smoked you.

Old 12-25-2004, 06:04 AM
rockitman has a reputation beyond reputerockitman has a reputation beyond reputerockitman has a reputation beyond reputerockitman has a reputation beyond reputerockitman has a reputation beyond reputerockitman has a reputation beyond reputerockitman has a reputation beyond reputerockitman has a reputation beyond reputerockitman has a reputation beyond reputerockitman has a reputation beyond reputerockitman has a reputation beyond repute
Originally posted by lithium
I would never get a SRT4 but its an amazing bang for the buck, and with some goodies outperforms slow as cars like the c4s or any nonturbo pcar really (not counting the cgt).
Better add the NA GT3 to your list with the CGT.

Old 12-25-2004, 12:03 PM
Arm
Arm is infamous around these parts
Re: Re: Everyone wants to race your TT in Miami ? Geeeeez

Originally posted by lithium
I witnessed a srt4 neon run a 11 second pass at 128mph spinning first 2 gears a few weeks ago, how much does your car trap Darren? From your power level i would say 120mph range. I hate neons and riceboys too but you never know what you run into to. If it was a riced out one (neons, wing, etc) then i would point and laugh too. Just be carefull with the attitude, ive see plenty of people loose their money and pride who thought that a jap car coulndt keep up with a F car or a P car

993 owner: You dont want to race me!
supra owner: why not?
993 owner: this is a RUF, you know what this means?
supra owner: yes, sweet car man, whats it trap?
993 owner: faster than your jap car
supra owner: ok... how much money you got on you?
993 owner: here is $500
supra owner: we go from 3 honks, got it?
993 owner: Honk 1,2, 3

after the race

993 owner: what the hell?
supra owner: where is my money?
993 owner: how much HP does it have?
supra owner: 1134rwhp
993 owner:
Why are you standing so close to that urinal?

Old 12-25-2004, 01:09 PM
The Cuban
Jpcuban is infamous around these partsJpcuban is infamous around these parts
Darren.. I am with you.. I had this stupid young kid with a little rice rocket... scream at me "hey, bet you $1000.00 I can beat you". I was so annoying to see some 18 year old kid do that to me.. and what was I going to do.. .say ok.. lets go out on the street and see who we can kill... I told him that you have got to be kidding.... not in an arrogant way like I can beat him... it really was not about hp or anything...

Fact remains that there are differences in classes..... there is low class... middle class.. and high class...(not always economic) and screaming to a porsche the way that kid did is low class and disrespectful.. you would not see a porsche owner screaming at a rice rocket the same thing... just reality.

Maybe I read into this all wrong but I think its all about approach and respect...

If a kid came up to me and said very nice car.. he was interested in what I had and showed enthusiasm.. as I would with his.. that is a different experience and thusly this thread probably would have taken a different angle.

I will get off my soap box now...

Old 12-25-2004, 01:45 PM
HdS
HdS has much to be proud ofHdS has much to be proud ofHdS has much to be proud ofHdS has much to be proud ofHdS has much to be proud ofHdS has much to be proud ofHdS has much to be proud ofHdS has much to be proud ofHdS has much to be proud of
My friend's dad was in his car at a red light and a Civic came next to him. The teenager in the Civic started flipping him off, honking, making faces, etc...
So when the light turned green my friend's dad floored it.
The police caught them racing and stopped both of them. They were clocked for 120mph in a 40mph zone.
He almost lost his liscence, but thanks to his lawyer he got out of the trouble.

So please don't waste your time, money, energy, gas, etc...on a retarded child in a retarded car.

BTW: He won the race

Old 12-25-2004, 03:06 PM
Ruiner is infamous around these parts
I have come to find that many sport compact ricers/racers either think that they have something to prove or they just want to see what you have in comparison to them.

Either way, it is dangerous and not worth the time. Just the other night, I had a 4-door civic pull up next to me with four people inside the car. He paces me, and then punches it. Ever so slowly, he crept away. I kept my pace. He then put on his "hazards" to signify that he beat me.

Some people live in their own little dream world. I am sure that they thought that:
A. They beat me
B. I was too stuck up to race them.

All because I don't feel like racing on public streets.

Old 12-25-2004, 03:13 PM
Blazin Civic is infamous around these parts
Originally posted by Ruiner
I have come to find that many sport compact ricers/racers either think that they have something to prove or they just want to see what you have in comparison to them.
They DO have something to prove. I don't think I will have to explain myself on that one. Sadly honda drivers are something like 5% enthusiasts and 95% complete *** clowns. If you spent over a hundred hours of wrench time building a tuning your motor wouldn't you like to see how it will perform compared to a car with similar power or even greater power? No one will ever argue that a honda is a superior car to the porsche but sometimes (major sometimes) they are faster. Now when I had my supra I could walk most TTs like a dog on the highway all day long but the fast remains the porsche IS still a better car. Doesn't mean I was slower.

Old 12-25-2004, 04:02 PM
WARDHOG is infamous around these parts
Originally posted by HdS
My friend's dad was in his car at a red light and a Civic came next to him. The teenager in the Civic started flipping him off, honking, making faces, etc...
So when the light turned green my friend's dad floored it.
The police caught them racing and stopped both of them. They were clocked for 120mph in a 40mph zone.
He almost lost his liscence, but thanks to his lawyer he got out of the trouble.

So please don't waste your time, money, energy, gas, etc...on a retarded child in a retarded car.

BTW: He won the race
A 120mph in a Civic? What do you say about that, Blazin Civic?

Old 12-25-2004, 04:43 PM
Cab Lover
Oweyea is infamous around these parts
I'm not sure how much respect and common sense you can expect from guys in their early 20s or late teens. They're just trying to have some fun. It's a kick for them to see if they can beat a "Porsche" and brag to their friends. Hell, we were all there at that age!

But now we're "all growns up" and we don't street race anymore!!

(Yea, and mokeys might fly out of my butt!!!)

Old 12-25-2004, 05:28 PM
paneraiwatches is a splendid one to beholdpaneraiwatches is a splendid one to beholdpaneraiwatches is a splendid one to beholdpaneraiwatches is a splendid one to beholdpaneraiwatches is a splendid one to beholdpaneraiwatches is a splendid one to behold
It's amazing how many times I get challenged in the TT. On the way back from Lucent the other night coming up Sepulveda was provoked at least three times once by a fixed up Lexus IS, then by a Mitsu****ty 3000 gt. Handed the guy in the Lexus his ***, watching in my rear view the Mitsu****ty try to keep up and slide across all four lanes. I really try not to push on the streets but sometimes you just want to have a little fun!!

Last edited by paneraiwatches; 12-25-2004 at 05:34 PM.
Old 12-25-2004, 06:11 PM
collin996tt is infamous around these parts
Darren, I have the opposite problem. I provoke Lambo's and F-cars to race every chance I get but they wouldn't bite.
Pisses me off. They're such snobs when they pretend like they don't see me at all in their rear, left, or right side.
What can I do?

Old 12-25-2004, 07:01 PM
DJ
DJ has a reputation beyond reputeDJ has a reputation beyond reputeDJ has a reputation beyond reputeDJ has a reputation beyond reputeDJ has a reputation beyond reputeDJ has a reputation beyond reputeDJ has a reputation beyond reputeDJ has a reputation beyond reputeDJ has a reputation beyond reputeDJ has a reputation beyond reputeDJ has a reputation beyond repute
Hey panerai - you bought Steve from Indiana's TT ? That car is sweeeeeet

Old 12-25-2004, 07:05 PM
paneraiwatches is a splendid one to beholdpaneraiwatches is a splendid one to beholdpaneraiwatches is a splendid one to beholdpaneraiwatches is a splendid one to beholdpaneraiwatches is a splendid one to beholdpaneraiwatches is a splendid one to behold
Thanks Darren, I love it. The interior is stunning. Just can't believe it's mine! Merry Christmas..

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: Everyone wants to race your TT in Miami ? Geeeeez