996 Turbo / GT2 Turbo discussion on previous model 2000-2005 Porsche 911 Twin Turbo and 911 GT2.

Everyone wants to race your TT in Miami ? Geeeeez

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 12-25-2004, 08:07 PM
Banned
lithium is infamous around these parts
If you ran into an Enzo or a Mclaren F1 would you try to race him? Lets be honest here guys, even if i was in my beater i would just to hear the other car! Some people enjoy the rush, others dont care for it as simple as that. Its halarius putting football fields on some guy in a 360 or 966 or murce or even an F50 and their reaction afterwards is priceless. Its all in good fun, i only race on the freeways with little traffic

Old 12-25-2004, 09:00 PM
Pioneer Member
Scott in H-town has a reputation beyond reputeScott in H-town has a reputation beyond reputeScott in H-town has a reputation beyond reputeScott in H-town has a reputation beyond reputeScott in H-town has a reputation beyond reputeScott in H-town has a reputation beyond reputeScott in H-town has a reputation beyond reputeScott in H-town has a reputation beyond reputeScott in H-town has a reputation beyond reputeScott in H-town has a reputation beyond reputeScott in H-town has a reputation beyond repute
Originally posted by lithium
If you ran into an Enzo or a Mclaren F1 would you try to race him? Lets be honest here guys, even if i was in my beater i would just to hear the other car! Some people enjoy the rush, others dont care for it as simple as that. Its halarius putting football fields on some guy in a 360 or 966 or murce or even an F50 and their reaction afterwards is priceless. Its all in good fun, i only race on the freeways with little traffic
On an F50 huh? lol

You silly rice boys.

Old 12-25-2004, 11:44 PM
Ruiner is infamous around these parts
here we go again with the assumptions. Its attitude like this thats just uncool, since i stated previosly that i am anti-rice myself.

Unfortunatelly your not in Chi town area, otherwise we would have a race If your in TX i could still have something setup, maybe Peter would be willing to do some rollons, haha.

To stop this right now, i witnessed a F50 get raped very bad (not in my car), thats why i mentioned that. The car trapped 154mph, F50 traps 126's... not hard to figure out buddy.

Some silly riceboys around here run 8.4's in the 1/4 Try again.
you're

Old 12-26-2004, 02:06 AM
WARDHOG is infamous around these parts
Originally posted by Ruiner
you're

Maybe he should download this Spell-checker so he doesn't look like a true idiot while talking all that foolish smack about ricers.

Spell-checker for the rice boy.

Old 12-26-2004, 10:14 AM
greg schroeder is infamous around these parts
My opinion

My opinion.

While I do appreciate the quality, heritage and ability of the 996tt X50 I'd rather not own the car if came along with the belief others are jealous and I'm invincible. I'd prefer to own a Dodge Neon and enjoy it for the fun of having a sports car.

I do understand there are quite a few people driving slower sport compacts out there which enjoy taunting a man in his Porsche, but the 9 to 10 lbs per wheel HP of the 996tt isn't that tough to beat from a roll. A stock 450 HP Porsche pretty much looks like somebody threw a boat anchor from the car when it's staged up against a properly modified, acceleration purpose built sport compact.

Sadly, this is all quite dangerous on public highways. Hopefully more people will take their cars to the drag strip or track to show their stuff in a safer environment.

Old 12-26-2004, 10:32 AM
Re: My opinion

Originally posted by greg schroeder
My opinion.

While I do appreciate the quality, heritage and ability of the 996tt X50 I'd rather not own the car if came along with the belief others are jealous and I'm invincible. I'd prefer to own a Dodge Neon and enjoy it for the fun of having a sports car.
An SRT-4 is not a sports car, though. It is a 4-door sport compact.

My car creates jealousy (it doesn't help that I am rather young in comparison, either) among my peers. However, much like with everything else in life, I push on and make the best out of what I have.

As for not difficult to beat from a roll, you couldn't be further from the truth. My car only has the K-16 turbos and I still trap 116mph with stock boost. That's daily driven, with luggage in the hood. The X50 approaches 118-119mph I do believe. Even BPU Supras on pump gas have a hard time keeping up with that. Puposefully built sport compacts will also have a hard time keeping up with that pace; let's not even focus on the fact that the 6spd turbo has the same highway gearing as the MKIV SupraTT 6spd (and we all know how crazy those cars are from a 70mph punch).

There is more to it than just hp/weight. Gearing, drag coefficient, driveline, etc, all come into play.

Last edited by Ruiner; 12-26-2004 at 10:37 AM.
Old 12-26-2004, 10:41 AM
HdS
HdS has much to be proud ofHdS has much to be proud ofHdS has much to be proud ofHdS has much to be proud ofHdS has much to be proud ofHdS has much to be proud ofHdS has much to be proud ofHdS has much to be proud ofHdS has much to be proud of
Originally posted by WARDHOG
A 120mph in a Civic? What do you say about that, Blazin Civic?
LOL that was my friend's dad's speed. Don't know about the civic though.

Old 12-26-2004, 10:58 AM
Banned
lithium is infamous around these parts
Re: Re: My opinion

My car creates jealousy (it doesn't help that I am rather young in comparison, either) among my peers. However, much like with everything else in life, I push on and make the best out of what I have.

As for not difficult to beat from a roll, you couldn't be further from the truth. My car only has the K-16 turbos and I still trap 116mph with stock boost. That's daily driven, with luggage in the hood. The X50 approaches 118-119mph I do believe. Even BPU Supras on pump gas have a hard time keeping up with that. Puposefully built sport compacts will also have a hard time keeping up with that pace; let's not even focus on the fact that the 6spd turbo has the same highway gearing as the MKIV SupraTT 6spd (and we all know how crazy those cars are from a 70mph punch).

There is more to it than just hp/weight. Gearing, drag coefficient, driveline, etc, all come into play.
Its all relative man, when you had your VR4 i am sure you thought it was fast with those mods. 119mph are respectable but not fast by any means. To some snobby 996 owner (not talking about you) 119 might seem fast because he doesnt know any better, but when you have 8 and 9 second cars that trap between 140 and 170 running on the street for big money those 119 traps wont even get you in the door.

I assume you heard the Larry Elison story? Basically Big larry showed up at the spot with his Mclaren F1 talking ****, and Madman ran him and raped that Mclaren after which Larry threatened to sue anyone with the video. Yes ive seen it

Old 12-26-2004, 11:52 AM
Who the hell is peon? If you want to make random assumtions then fine, your a fat slobbering homosexual, how is that?

Now, that's fricken funny! Good one.

Old 12-26-2004, 11:55 AM
Re: My opinion

My opinion. Bla bla bla bla. Bla bla bla bla! Bla bla bla bla bla bla...........
I don't think we yanked your chain.

Old 12-26-2004, 01:15 PM
greg schroeder is infamous around these parts
Re: Re: My opinion

I'm certainly not discounting the beauty and prestiege of the Porsche because it's a wonderful vehicle, but the base 996 tt is only quick by factory production standards. Do keep in mind it also has a curb weight of around 3600 lbs and only 350 to 360 wheel HP. It's about 10 lbs per 1 wheel HP. The aero drag resulting from frontal area and coefficient of drag is typical. The drive line loss on the all wheel drive Porsche is not a good thing. I'm not so sure how gearing might play into a rolling punch other than picking which gear to be in.

Here's some information about a basic modified SRT-4 that some guy threw a bit of money at. Keep in mind this car has the basic mods and turbo kit. It's also about 2900 lbs having about 7.5 lbs per 1 wheel HP. With a smaller frontal area than the 996tt and very similar drag coefficient I don't think this is hard to figure out. On top of all this many cars of this type have weight reduction.

Mods
ATP RS BOV
ATP GT3071R Turbo Kit
CTI FMIC
CTI 3" Intake
CTI 3" Turbo back exhaust
CTI 2.5" Hotside IC Pipe
CTI 2.5" UPP
Emanage (from E.D.)
Profec E01 Boost controller
RC 750cc/min injectors
Walbro 255 lph pump
Adjustable FPR kit (my own set up)
93 octane (sunoco)
Plugs set to .030" (need to go a bit lower to .028")

This SRT-4 isn't one of the faster sport compact cars out there, but it would still leave a stock 996tt behind.

I'm not sure what puts a vehicle in sports car catagory over sport compact, but the magazine slalom testing in the SRT-4 seems to be around 69 mph. The 996tt is about the same.

Last edited by greg schroeder; 12-26-2004 at 01:28 PM.
Old 12-26-2004, 02:24 PM
Re: Re: Re: My opinion

I'm certainly not discounting the beauty and prestiege of the Porsche because it's a wonderful vehicle, but the base 996 tt is only quick by factory production standards. Do keep in mind it also has a curb weight of around 3600 lbs a
Wow, this thread has turned to ****.

However, let me set one fact straight:
3600lbs? No. My '01 (apparently the lightest of the 996TTs) weighs in at 3395lbs dry. I even put it on the scales w/o me in it and it was around 3440lbs on a 1/2 tank of gas and all fluids. That was 100% bone stock with luggage in the front.

Last edited by Ruiner; 12-26-2004 at 02:30 PM.
Old 12-26-2004, 04:45 PM
Pioneer Member
Scott in H-town has a reputation beyond reputeScott in H-town has a reputation beyond reputeScott in H-town has a reputation beyond reputeScott in H-town has a reputation beyond reputeScott in H-town has a reputation beyond reputeScott in H-town has a reputation beyond reputeScott in H-town has a reputation beyond reputeScott in H-town has a reputation beyond reputeScott in H-town has a reputation beyond reputeScott in H-town has a reputation beyond reputeScott in H-town has a reputation beyond repute
Lithium, Mr. Rice boy....
If you think I give any **** about a silly rice boy and his 1/4 mile, you're even more of an idiot than I thought...or should I say "your" more of an idiot....

Talking about the trap speed of an F50 just shows how silly of a ricer you are. That car was not built just for the 1/4. It wasn't built for the 1/4 at all.

You and the culture that makes up the 16 year old, Fast and Furious types are perfect examples of car-guy's gone the way of the moron.

Go have fun in your Eclipse, SRT-4, 240SX, VR4, Civic, Accord, Integra.... or whatever gay little car you're into and talk about trap speeds all day in the parking lot of the local Barnes & Noble with all your 16 year old buddies at the "meets". Oh, make sure and park with the hood open... LOL

Old 12-26-2004, 05:32 PM
Pioneer Member
Its idiots like you who give a bad name to the whole community. I am 24, not 16. I own a MK4 supra as well as a 930 turbo (track toy) and have owned 2 M3's, a C2, AMG E55 and several 944 turbos. You ASSumed things again and now trying to save face. Keep backtracking boy, just watch out for the wall behind you. I said its fun to beat an F50 that traps 30mph lower than my supra on the FREEWAY, not on a track. Last time I checked you don’t race around a bunch of cones and turns on public roads. As for your pathetic ignorant *** how about we meet halfway and have a little race from any roll you want to whatever and see who the real riceboy is?

"It's" <---- learn the English language... (see your first sentence... you have real problems with abbreviations... or should I say "you're" first sentence...) Then you go on to tell me I'm ignorant.

That being said...
I'm so sorry. I'm so impressed with your list of cars that you've owned, that I just don't know what to say. You are so impressive. Really... that list of cars is amazing. Most of us on this board have only had like 2 nice cars, but you sir are soooo amazing... seriously. [/sarcasm]

Also, sorry I made an assumption on your age being near 16. There's a reason for that you know. Instead of being 16, you're just what every 16 year old ricer wants to be...

a 24 year old ricer.

You're new around here, so even though you're obviously clueless, and not too bright, we'll cut you some slack, but it's too late for you making a fool of yourself.

Old 12-26-2004, 05:40 PM
collin996tt is infamous around these parts
Scott, let me know if and when you want to take him on. This beast is ready for you

Attached Images  

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: Everyone wants to race your TT in Miami ? Geeeeez