996 Turbo / GT2 Turbo discussion on previous model 2000-2005 Porsche 911 Twin Turbo and 911 GT2.

Everyone wants to race your TT in Miami ? Geeeeez

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 12-24-2004, 03:35 AM
DJ
DJ has a reputation beyond reputeDJ has a reputation beyond reputeDJ has a reputation beyond reputeDJ has a reputation beyond reputeDJ has a reputation beyond reputeDJ has a reputation beyond reputeDJ has a reputation beyond reputeDJ has a reputation beyond reputeDJ has a reputation beyond reputeDJ has a reputation beyond reputeDJ has a reputation beyond repute
Everyone wants to race your TT in Miami ? Geeeeez

I feel for you guys down here dealing with these highway menaces on a daily basis...

Everytime I am on the highways, 95, ect, there is always some monkey in a Jap sedan or even funier this morning a yellow dodge neon all hopped up trying to provoke you to race....

NOthing make me laugh more than these guys getting so mad when you wont pay them any attention....

I dont have these issues on NY roads at all so this is all new to me but it really does get annyoing after a while...

Just dropped off my Friend at the airport for vegas, 5 am, and this ding dong in a hopped up Dodge neon...bannana yellow, with tons of Fast and furious work to it wouldn't get a clue that I will not jepordize my life and others to show you that my car is "better" than yours...he finally got so pissed and sped off..

Just venting - sorry guys!

So if Mr. Banana boat Neon reads his forum my car is an 02 x50 with 450hp roughly - so there now you know
If you can go faster than me - well great ...Like I care pal....stop drving like a jacka@s on the highways

Old 12-24-2004, 03:50 AM
Banned
MiamieNeSeX is infamous around these parts
Ill race ya mine's not just rice but rice and beans welcome to Miami

Armando

Old 12-24-2004, 04:05 AM
GO 6SPEED!
DEETZ is infamous around these parts
hahahaha at least someone tries to race you! thats a good sign, meaning that they are jealous because you have a fast car

Old 12-24-2004, 04:50 AM
Red Devil is a name known to allRed Devil is a name known to allRed Devil is a name known to allRed Devil is a name known to allRed Devil is a name known to allRed Devil is a name known to all
Hope you are enjoying the weather while we suffered with zero temps and snow. Good thing my Turbo is AWD or I'd really be in trouble! That yellow Neon could have been a SRT-4, which is a very quick little car for about 20K. It wouldn't scare any Turbo owner if he was on his game but it isn't just any Neon. I'm glad you didn't give him any play b/c all that can come of that is an embellished story on his part or danger on the roads. He probably posted on his board that you were scared of him. Have a Happy New Year and be safe.

Old 12-24-2004, 04:51 AM
Greyghost is infamous around these parts
I wouldnt mind stomping some punk on occassion but I have never, ever had anyone even approach me. I usually get ugly sneers and people looking out of the corner of their eye. It would be nice if someone would give a thumbs up or say "nice car" (which has happened a few times) and is very cool.

Old 12-24-2004, 05:17 AM
ben, lj has a spectacular aura aboutben, lj has a spectacular aura about
Re: Everyone wants to race your TT in Miami ? Geeeeez

Originally posted by Darren
I feel for you guys down here dealing with these highway menaces on a daily basis...
LOL, impromptu street races are EXTREMELY common in Little Havana. I musta had a dozen races the first night I picked up my first M3 down there. It seemed that anything I drove remotely sporty got "challenged" on nearly a daily basis in Miami.

Last edited by ben, lj; 12-24-2004 at 05:19 AM.
Old 12-24-2004, 05:34 AM
Flypuck is infamous around these parts
Welcome to Miami! I encounter the same idiots everyday on my way to my office!

Old 12-24-2004, 07:06 AM
drbill is infamous around these parts
Originally posted by Red Devil
Hope you are enjoying the weather while we suffered with zero temps and snow. Good thing my Turbo is AWD or I'd really be in trouble! That yellow Neon could have been a SRT-4, which is a very quick little car for about 20K. It wouldn't scare any Turbo owner if he was on his game but it isn't just any Neon. I'm glad you didn't give him any play b/c all that can come of that is an embellished story on his part or danger on the roads. He probably posted on his board that you were scared of him. Have a Happy New Year and be safe.
good thing your tt is AWD? your car doesn't go out of the garage if the cloud cover shows any sign of a greyish hue!

Old 12-24-2004, 07:30 AM
The Newest "Bling King"
Gary (Fl) is infamous around these parts
Originally posted by greyghost
I wouldnt mind stomping some punk on occassion but I have never, ever had anyone even approach me. I usually get ugly sneers and people looking out of the corner of their eye. It would be nice if someone would give a thumbs up or say "nice car" (which has happened a few times) and is very cool.
That's strange... I get thumbs up all the time even from the ricer kids...

Britt, must be that attitude you radiate.... LMAO

Old 12-24-2004, 08:20 AM
Marc is just really niceMarc is just really niceMarc is just really niceMarc is just really niceMarc is just really nice
Agreed Miami is like that not the LA or Cali for that matter is any better, you should have handed him his *** Darren! I love those early am races on 95.

Old 12-24-2004, 08:26 AM
rockitman has a reputation beyond reputerockitman has a reputation beyond reputerockitman has a reputation beyond reputerockitman has a reputation beyond reputerockitman has a reputation beyond reputerockitman has a reputation beyond reputerockitman has a reputation beyond reputerockitman has a reputation beyond reputerockitman has a reputation beyond reputerockitman has a reputation beyond reputerockitman has a reputation beyond repute
Originally posted by Gary (Fl)
That's strange... I get thumbs up all the time even from the ricer kids...
Same in Upstate NY...Lotsa thumbs up, high phi's and neck snaps by those guys...

Old 12-24-2004, 08:35 AM
Kills Bugs Fast
45otto is infamous around these parts
I usually get the thumbs up, nice car stuff here in Albuquerque, but occasionally there is the asshat on the road who wants to prove their unmatched stupidity.

Watch out for these Neon’s though. Not that it compares to our rides, however a SRT with only a few grand in mod’s would be in the 400hp range and they are very light. Yes, this is experience talking; I have seen them run low 11’s.

Old 12-24-2004, 09:13 AM
DJ
DJ has a reputation beyond reputeDJ has a reputation beyond reputeDJ has a reputation beyond reputeDJ has a reputation beyond reputeDJ has a reputation beyond reputeDJ has a reputation beyond reputeDJ has a reputation beyond reputeDJ has a reputation beyond reputeDJ has a reputation beyond reputeDJ has a reputation beyond reputeDJ has a reputation beyond repute
Well anyway I am not going to jepordize my safety to make these guys in the $20k cars feel better about themselves if they can run with or near a car that cost $100k + ......especially when I was on zero sleep with no coffee!

Old 12-24-2004, 09:37 AM
Greco is infamous around these parts
Originally posted by 45otto
I usually get the thumbs up, nice car stuff here in Albuquerque, but occasionally there is the asshat on the road who wants to prove their unmatched stupidity.

Watch out for these Neon’s though. Not that it compares to our rides, however a SRT with only a few grand in mod’s would be in the 400hp range and they are very light. Yes, this is experience talking; I have seen them run low 11’s.
Doesn't matter if it runs 11's, 10's or even 9's. At the end of the day its still a friggen Neon. Anyone can drive in a straight line.

What's that ole saying.. It's not how fast you get there, its how good you look getting there.....

Old 12-24-2004, 09:52 AM
Spaz is infamous around these parts
You should of pretend that you were going to actually race him, and just let him drive off. He would of felt pretty stupid when he notices you never left. :-)

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: Everyone wants to race your TT in Miami ? Geeeeez