996 Turbo / GT2 Turbo discussion on previous model 2000-2005 Porsche 911 Twin Turbo and 911 GT2.

K24 Flash from EPL.. Thoughts and thanks to Tony.

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 02-16-2010, 11:38 AM
80shilling Is a GOD !80shilling Is a GOD !80shilling Is a GOD !80shilling Is a GOD !80shilling Is a GOD !80shilling Is a GOD !80shilling Is a GOD !80shilling Is a GOD !80shilling Is a GOD !80shilling Is a GOD !80shilling Is a GOD !
Originally Posted by Steve Theodore
Looking forward to the HD videos of your next Laguna outing! Congratulations.
Thanks.. I will indeed have more onboard HD video to post after the next Laguna event on the 4th and 5th.. This time however, there will be no Geiger counter/Woodpecker noises from the camera hitting the windscreen..

Old 02-16-2010, 12:09 PM
flash68 Is a GOD !flash68 Is a GOD !flash68 Is a GOD !flash68 Is a GOD !flash68 Is a GOD !flash68 Is a GOD !flash68 Is a GOD !flash68 Is a GOD !flash68 Is a GOD !flash68 Is a GOD !flash68 Is a GOD !
Originally Posted by ari

Flash 68, It looks like we have similar setups. How did his car compare to your 28RS turbos?
His car pulled a lot harder up top than I anticipated for just a k24 with flash. I have always wanted to drive a k24/18g car for comparison but cannot find one locally. My alphas spool quicker and then pull okay up top but my meth kicks in at full boost. I wasn't excited about my power up top before the meth. I see myself going to bigger turbos as soon as I can.... I wish I had gone 30s from the beginning. sigh....

Can't wait for Graham to upgrade his though. Thing is already a beast now.

Old 02-16-2010, 12:19 PM
Supercollider is a jewel in the roughSupercollider is a jewel in the roughSupercollider is a jewel in the roughSupercollider is a jewel in the rough
I have UMW tune on K24s (X50) and the constant pull through the top gears is stunning. Used be that 6th was about useless other than a gas-saver gear. Now, it hauls the car hard well up to my testicular limits. In fact, yesterday, I had 4 lanes of open road and could see for about 2-3 miles, and let 'er rip. Was into 6th and it was pulling like a beast - way better than stock.

The UMW tune is supported with UMW's waste gate kit, new diverter valves, and a EPGEN2Q exhaust.

Old 02-16-2010, 12:20 PM
sharkster Is a GOD !sharkster Is a GOD !sharkster Is a GOD !sharkster Is a GOD !sharkster Is a GOD !sharkster Is a GOD !sharkster Is a GOD !sharkster Is a GOD !sharkster Is a GOD !sharkster Is a GOD !sharkster Is a GOD !
Always nice to hear a happy ending and sounds like a job well done

Old 02-16-2010, 01:17 PM
80shilling Is a GOD !80shilling Is a GOD !80shilling Is a GOD !80shilling Is a GOD !80shilling Is a GOD !80shilling Is a GOD !80shilling Is a GOD !80shilling Is a GOD !80shilling Is a GOD !80shilling Is a GOD !80shilling Is a GOD !
Originally Posted by Supercollider
I have UMW tune on K24s (X50) and the constant pull through the top gears is stunning. Used be that 6th was about useless other than a gas-saver gear. Now, it hauls the car hard well up to my testicular limits. In fact, yesterday, I had 4 lanes of open road and could see for about 2-3 miles, and let 'er rip. Was into 6th and it was pulling like a beast - way better than stock.

The UMW tune is supported with UMW's waste gate kit, new diverter valves, and a EPGEN2Q exhaust.
Sounds like a great setup you have...

Old 02-16-2010, 01:20 PM
Originally Posted by flash68
His car pulled a lot harder up top than I anticipated for just a k24 with flash. I have always wanted to drive a k24/18g car for comparison but cannot find one locally. My alphas spool quicker and then pull okay up top but my meth kicks in at full boost. I wasn't excited about my power up top before the meth. I see myself going to bigger turbos as soon as I can.... I wish I had gone 30s from the beginning. sigh....

Can't wait for Graham to upgrade his though. Thing is already a beast now.
Yeah.. As of today, I think I have "enough" power.. but as soon as I get to Laguna, I'll be begging for more power for the haul up the front straight between turn 11 and turn 2.. Also the steep drag up the hill from turn 6 to the Corkscrew..

Old 02-16-2010, 02:01 PM
Supercollider is a jewel in the roughSupercollider is a jewel in the roughSupercollider is a jewel in the roughSupercollider is a jewel in the rough
Originally Posted by 80shilling
Sounds like a great setup you have...

I just need your suspension ...

Bigger brakes are next in line though.

Old 02-16-2010, 02:55 PM
f1crazydriver Is a GOD !f1crazydriver Is a GOD !f1crazydriver Is a GOD !f1crazydriver Is a GOD !f1crazydriver Is a GOD !f1crazydriver Is a GOD !f1crazydriver Is a GOD !f1crazydriver Is a GOD !f1crazydriver Is a GOD !f1crazydriver Is a GOD !f1crazydriver Is a GOD !
It was a pleasure meeting up with you guys !
That road is a blast, high speed runs
To bad the 'track' conditions where not ideal

Graham, shot me and Dave a pm of when is your
next track day at laguna, so all 3 of us can go. I'm trying to get 6 pot rotors for the front
so I can have some fun using the brakes at laguna seca

My car was feeling a bit odd....my mcup tire almost bursted, down the middle... when i got home and checkout the 'vibration' the middle of the front left was ripping apart...

Old 02-16-2010, 03:04 PM
Originally Posted by f1crazydriver

next track day at laguna, so all 3 of us can go. I'm trying to get 6 pot rotors for the front

My car was feeling a bit odd....my mcup tire almost bursted, down the middle... when i got home and checkout the 'vibration' the middle of the front left was ripping apart...
Jeez I'm glad I noticed that your front left was looking a bit flat.. Could have been a real problem earlier in the day..

Great seeing you Enrique...

Old 02-17-2010, 01:33 AM
flash68 Is a GOD !flash68 Is a GOD !flash68 Is a GOD !flash68 Is a GOD !flash68 Is a GOD !flash68 Is a GOD !flash68 Is a GOD !flash68 Is a GOD !flash68 Is a GOD !flash68 Is a GOD !flash68 Is a GOD !
Yeah.. As of today, I think I have "enough" power.. but as soon as I get to Laguna, I'll be begging for more power for the haul up the front straight between turn 11 and turn 2.. Also the steep drag up the hill from turn 6 to the Corkscrew..
Originally Posted by f1crazydriver
Great to finally do the famous Alice's drive. You guys are on the verge of getting me hooked on this turning stuff and will set me on a completely different mod path now.

Jeez I'm glad I noticed that your front left was looking a bit flat.. Could have been a real problem earlier in the day..

Great seeing you Enrique...
Yeah I gotta join for Laguna next time you guys go. Wonder if my exhaust is too loud tho?

Old 02-17-2010, 09:54 AM
Quick Question.

I live in Seattle. What would it take to join a PCA DE day at Laguna Seca?

I've driven the track on a PS2-3 sim many years ago, and sort of know the line (should refresh though).

But I would happily drive down, get a room, and drive the track some DE day. Is that possible for an out of towner?

I'd have to run on street tires; no truck/trailer combo.

Old 02-17-2010, 10:24 AM
It's definitely doable.. There are about 6 guys coming up from L.A. so for you, it might be a longer haul, but hey.. Road Trip!

Here's the link.

http://www.trackmasters-racing.com/h..._payments.html

There are plenty of Hotels/Motels around, within 15 minutes of the track.

Cheers.