996 Turbo / GT2 Turbo discussion on previous model 2000-2005 Porsche 911 Twin Turbo and 911 GT2.

Shout out to ROTtec carbon, seats installed today!

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 02-20-2010, 06:46 AM
996TT_STEVO has a reputation beyond repute996TT_STEVO has a reputation beyond repute996TT_STEVO has a reputation beyond repute996TT_STEVO has a reputation beyond repute996TT_STEVO has a reputation beyond repute996TT_STEVO has a reputation beyond repute996TT_STEVO has a reputation beyond repute996TT_STEVO has a reputation beyond repute996TT_STEVO has a reputation beyond repute996TT_STEVO has a reputation beyond repute996TT_STEVO has a reputation beyond repute
I was just thinking that also Ant... look bloody tasty!

Old 02-20-2010, 07:57 AM
ant_8u Is a GOD !ant_8u Is a GOD !ant_8u Is a GOD !ant_8u Is a GOD !ant_8u Is a GOD !ant_8u Is a GOD !ant_8u Is a GOD !ant_8u Is a GOD !ant_8u Is a GOD !ant_8u Is a GOD !ant_8u Is a GOD !
I wonder what those seats would look like if the stitching was padded - like they have on the Bentleys

Can't decide whether it'd look good or OTT?

Old 02-20-2010, 12:39 PM
jcb-memphis has a reputation beyond reputejcb-memphis has a reputation beyond reputejcb-memphis has a reputation beyond reputejcb-memphis has a reputation beyond reputejcb-memphis has a reputation beyond reputejcb-memphis has a reputation beyond reputejcb-memphis has a reputation beyond reputejcb-memphis has a reputation beyond reputejcb-memphis has a reputation beyond reputejcb-memphis has a reputation beyond reputejcb-memphis has a reputation beyond repute
I have to add another supporter to Ray's list. Ran into a real seat and this and frankly, the solid part is equal in quality.

The leather is custom...color/inserts were done by me.

They are very comfortable to me...but I am a 33" waist. In the shoulders, they are tight...for a track oriented person, perfect. For a cruise on the highway person...I'd look at his newer model....these are better for side load inclusive driving.....

Jeff

Attached Images  
Old 02-20-2010, 01:39 PM
ahardm3 is infamous around these parts
Gorgeous think I need to make something happen

Old 02-20-2010, 07:48 PM
MrWhite has a reputation beyond reputeMrWhite has a reputation beyond reputeMrWhite has a reputation beyond reputeMrWhite has a reputation beyond reputeMrWhite has a reputation beyond reputeMrWhite has a reputation beyond reputeMrWhite has a reputation beyond reputeMrWhite has a reputation beyond reputeMrWhite has a reputation beyond reputeMrWhite has a reputation beyond reputeMrWhite has a reputation beyond repute
Originally Posted by nanokpsi
How the the GT3 seats fit a bigger guy? 6'3" 225lbs 34" waist..
Also 6'3, just over 200lbs, 33/34 depends on pant brand, I fit easy into the seat. Like someone pointed out shoulder support is great on hard cornering, personally can't complain on highway comfort either.

Old 02-21-2010, 01:21 AM
Ray
Former Vendor
Ray Is a GOD !Ray Is a GOD !Ray Is a GOD !Ray Is a GOD !Ray Is a GOD !Ray Is a GOD !Ray Is a GOD !Ray Is a GOD !Ray Is a GOD !Ray Is a GOD !Ray Is a GOD !
Originally Posted by ant_8u
Ooooo, Ray, are those seat backs Kevlar weave?
Yes, special order carbon Kevlar shell GT3 seats! It has been removed from my TT and on the way to new owner! We can custom order them if needed.

Old 02-21-2010, 01:22 AM
Ray
Former Vendor
Ray Is a GOD !Ray Is a GOD !Ray Is a GOD !Ray Is a GOD !Ray Is a GOD !Ray Is a GOD !Ray Is a GOD !Ray Is a GOD !Ray Is a GOD !Ray Is a GOD !Ray Is a GOD !
Originally Posted by jcb-memphis
I have to add another supporter to Ray's list. Ran into a real seat and this and frankly, the solid part is equal in quality.

The leather is custom...color/inserts were done by me.

They are very comfortable to me...but I am a 33" waist. In the shoulders, they are tight...for a track oriented person, perfect. For a cruise on the highway person...I'd look at his newer model....these are better for side load inclusive driving.....

Jeff
Jeff, the natural brown center pads come out great with those blue stitching covers. Post up some better pics!!

Old 02-21-2010, 01:29 AM
Ray
Former Vendor
Originally Posted by ant_8u
I wonder what those seats would look like if the stitching was padded - like they have on the Bentleys

Can't decide whether it'd look good or OTT?

We done alot of cross stitching seat pads for GT3 seats. We choice single stitch instead of double stitch that Bentley use. With leather cross stitching pads, it look and feel padded. A lady saw it at my office and thought it was a Channel hand bag

Old 02-21-2010, 11:35 AM
WOODTSTER Is a GOD !WOODTSTER Is a GOD !WOODTSTER Is a GOD !WOODTSTER Is a GOD !WOODTSTER Is a GOD !WOODTSTER Is a GOD !WOODTSTER Is a GOD !WOODTSTER Is a GOD !WOODTSTER Is a GOD !WOODTSTER Is a GOD !WOODTSTER Is a GOD !
Very nice looking seats

Old 02-22-2010, 05:55 AM
ant_8u Is a GOD !ant_8u Is a GOD !ant_8u Is a GOD !ant_8u Is a GOD !ant_8u Is a GOD !ant_8u Is a GOD !ant_8u Is a GOD !ant_8u Is a GOD !ant_8u Is a GOD !ant_8u Is a GOD !ant_8u Is a GOD !
Nice indeed

Old 02-28-2010, 03:37 PM
MrWhite has a reputation beyond reputeMrWhite has a reputation beyond reputeMrWhite has a reputation beyond reputeMrWhite has a reputation beyond reputeMrWhite has a reputation beyond reputeMrWhite has a reputation beyond reputeMrWhite has a reputation beyond reputeMrWhite has a reputation beyond reputeMrWhite has a reputation beyond reputeMrWhite has a reputation beyond reputeMrWhite has a reputation beyond repute
As promised re seat comfort: I drove to Willow Springs from south LA last week, did track all day, and drove back. Seat comfort at the end of day was no problem, the longest part of the trip nearly 2 hours with no break, the firm backrest was actually really adding to the driving comfort towards the end of the day. The only thing I can tell could be an issue if I kept going another 2 hours with no break is that the leg support is a little short (I am 6'3"). Maybe I can move the front pillow fwd a bit on the velcro strips to make it better.

While tracking, I found that taking the rear one of the two seat cushions out, would make for a really good low seat position. I sit really down low into the "bucket" with great leg support from the front of the two seat cushions which I would leave in place, I get great side support and I have excellent contact with the seat/car through the whole seat all the way up to to my shoulders. I was expecting good, but not this good. Thumbs up.

Old 02-28-2010, 04:47 PM
jcb-memphis has a reputation beyond reputejcb-memphis has a reputation beyond reputejcb-memphis has a reputation beyond reputejcb-memphis has a reputation beyond reputejcb-memphis has a reputation beyond reputejcb-memphis has a reputation beyond reputejcb-memphis has a reputation beyond reputejcb-memphis has a reputation beyond reputejcb-memphis has a reputation beyond reputejcb-memphis has a reputation beyond reputejcb-memphis has a reputation beyond repute
Originally Posted by Ray
Jeff, the natural brown center pads come out great with those blue stitching covers. Post up some better pics!!

No problem.

Jeff

Attached Images   

Last edited by jcb-memphis; 02-28-2010 at 04:57 PM.
Old 02-28-2010, 07:31 PM
mcisprinter is just really nicemcisprinter is just really nicemcisprinter is just really nicemcisprinter is just really nicemcisprinter is just really nice
Do you plan on making these seats with a folding option? Need access to the baby seat!

Old 02-28-2010, 07:37 PM
evoviiiyou is a splendid one to beholdevoviiiyou is a splendid one to beholdevoviiiyou is a splendid one to beholdevoviiiyou is a splendid one to beholdevoviiiyou is a splendid one to beholdevoviiiyou is a splendid one to beholdevoviiiyou is a splendid one to behold
Wow. I am impressed. PM pricing and time frame please on all sand beige leather, sand beige inserts with black cross stitching (like 1st picture here), with black backs and seat belt openings (is basalt black an option?). Really nice work! I posted a few pics for more of an idea of what I am looking for.

Attached Images    

Last edited by evoviiiyou; 02-28-2010 at 07:47 PM.
Old 03-01-2010, 08:40 AM
P2P
P2P is a jewel in the roughP2P is a jewel in the roughP2P is a jewel in the roughP2P is a jewel in the rough
awsome seats

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: Shout out to ROTtec carbon, seats installed today!