996 Turbo / GT2 Turbo discussion on previous model 2000-2005 Porsche 911 Twin Turbo and 911 GT2.

Shout out to ROTtec carbon, seats installed today!

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 02-15-2010, 07:00 PM
MrWhite has a reputation beyond reputeMrWhite has a reputation beyond reputeMrWhite has a reputation beyond reputeMrWhite has a reputation beyond reputeMrWhite has a reputation beyond reputeMrWhite has a reputation beyond reputeMrWhite has a reputation beyond reputeMrWhite has a reputation beyond reputeMrWhite has a reputation beyond reputeMrWhite has a reputation beyond reputeMrWhite has a reputation beyond repute
Shout out to ROTtec carbon, seats installed today!

A thanks to Raymond at ROTtec for making a nice pair of seats, well worth delivery time!

I had these ordered with CF backs, silver stiching, leather and alcantara mix, car feels even lighter. I'm tall so I'll make the rear of the two seat cusion pads 1/2 inch thinner to sink a little lower for perfect position for track driving, thigh/leg support is great with the front "pillow" though.

5/6-point harness to come.

Old 02-15-2010, 07:05 PM
LiNks has a reputation beyond reputeLiNks has a reputation beyond reputeLiNks has a reputation beyond reputeLiNks has a reputation beyond reputeLiNks has a reputation beyond reputeLiNks has a reputation beyond reputeLiNks has a reputation beyond reputeLiNks has a reputation beyond reputeLiNks has a reputation beyond reputeLiNks has a reputation beyond reputeLiNks has a reputation beyond repute
Very nice seats, perfect combo for your car. Also +1 for ROTtec, Rays a great guy who puts out a nice product and great customer service. (Thanks for getting my car in the add too Ray! haha)

Old 02-15-2010, 07:13 PM
Steve Theodore Is a GOD !Steve Theodore Is a GOD !Steve Theodore Is a GOD !Steve Theodore Is a GOD !Steve Theodore Is a GOD !Steve Theodore Is a GOD !Steve Theodore Is a GOD !Steve Theodore Is a GOD !Steve Theodore Is a GOD !Steve Theodore Is a GOD !Steve Theodore Is a GOD !
That looks terrific!

Old 02-15-2010, 11:36 PM
hrm
hrm is infamous around these parts
The new seats look great.

Old 02-16-2010, 12:43 AM
Ray
Former Vendor
Ray Is a GOD !Ray Is a GOD !Ray Is a GOD !Ray Is a GOD !Ray Is a GOD !Ray Is a GOD !Ray Is a GOD !Ray Is a GOD !Ray Is a GOD !Ray Is a GOD !Ray Is a GOD !
Looking good Carl!! You will love it more at the track!!

We have couple more 996GT3 rep. seats available instock. PM me for details!

Old 02-16-2010, 10:01 PM
slick858 has a spectacular aura aboutslick858 has a spectacular aura aboutslick858 has a spectacular aura about
looks great!

Old 02-16-2010, 11:55 PM
heeltoe914 has a spectacular aura aboutheeltoe914 has a spectacular aura aboutheeltoe914 has a spectacular aura about
Great looking seat. How do thay feel on long drives feedback later would be great.

Old 02-17-2010, 12:13 AM
legendr34 has much to be proud oflegendr34 has much to be proud oflegendr34 has much to be proud oflegendr34 has much to be proud oflegendr34 has much to be proud oflegendr34 has much to be proud oflegendr34 has much to be proud oflegendr34 has much to be proud oflegendr34 has much to be proud oflegendr34 has much to be proud of
looks great

Old 02-17-2010, 08:04 AM
ant_8u Is a GOD !ant_8u Is a GOD !ant_8u Is a GOD !ant_8u Is a GOD !ant_8u Is a GOD !ant_8u Is a GOD !ant_8u Is a GOD !ant_8u Is a GOD !ant_8u Is a GOD !ant_8u Is a GOD !ant_8u Is a GOD !
I see you haven't threaded the Seatbelt through the seat - Are you planning on doing this?

Also, i've only ever seen one car with the belt buckle threaded through the seat
Any ideas why people don't do this?

Old 02-17-2010, 10:42 AM
MrWhite has a reputation beyond reputeMrWhite has a reputation beyond reputeMrWhite has a reputation beyond reputeMrWhite has a reputation beyond reputeMrWhite has a reputation beyond reputeMrWhite has a reputation beyond reputeMrWhite has a reputation beyond reputeMrWhite has a reputation beyond reputeMrWhite has a reputation beyond reputeMrWhite has a reputation beyond reputeMrWhite has a reputation beyond repute
Yes that is part of the plan, another part of it is that I will first run the 6-point through there and see that it doesn't get to crowded with both. Should work with both trough there though.

The reason people don't put the buckle inside the seat frame is that it could cause some damage to the hip in case of a side impact to have it jammed in between the body and the side of the seat - so it sits on the outside. With a normal build, a person easily fills these seats and belt lays snug over waist, you can see seats aren't as deep as a full on race seats where belt really should go through the holes. Maybe a child could be too small to fill these seats and then somehow buckle should be through the hole though, but I'm not building for kids in the car at this point.

@heeltoe914: Planning for a longer drive at the end of month, will let you know. They are firm but pretty comfy just driving around town though.

Old 02-17-2010, 02:00 PM
Ray
Former Vendor
Ray Is a GOD !Ray Is a GOD !Ray Is a GOD !Ray Is a GOD !Ray Is a GOD !Ray Is a GOD !Ray Is a GOD !Ray Is a GOD !Ray Is a GOD !Ray Is a GOD !Ray Is a GOD !
Originally Posted by ant_8u
Also, i've only ever seen one car with the belt buckle threaded through the seat
Any ideas why people don't do this?
I've done it on my TT.

Old 02-17-2010, 02:51 PM
nanokpsi is a glorious beacon of lightnanokpsi is a glorious beacon of lightnanokpsi is a glorious beacon of lightnanokpsi is a glorious beacon of lightnanokpsi is a glorious beacon of lightnanokpsi is a glorious beacon of light
How the the GT3 seats fit a bigger guy? 6'3" 225lbs 34" waist..

Old 02-17-2010, 03:17 PM
Ray
Former Vendor
Originally Posted by nanokpsi
How the the GT3 seats fit a bigger guy? 6'3" 225lbs 34" waist..
I'm 6"1, 190lbs with 34" waist. Those GT3 seat fit me fine with lots of headroom left. You may find the upper shoulders area abit tight. Our new style CGT seats will fit better with your build!

Old 02-17-2010, 03:57 PM
nanokpsi is a glorious beacon of lightnanokpsi is a glorious beacon of lightnanokpsi is a glorious beacon of lightnanokpsi is a glorious beacon of lightnanokpsi is a glorious beacon of lightnanokpsi is a glorious beacon of light
Thanks for the info Ray. I will have to check them out too +1

Old 02-20-2010, 06:17 AM
ant_8u Is a GOD !ant_8u Is a GOD !ant_8u Is a GOD !ant_8u Is a GOD !ant_8u Is a GOD !ant_8u Is a GOD !ant_8u Is a GOD !ant_8u Is a GOD !ant_8u Is a GOD !ant_8u Is a GOD !ant_8u Is a GOD !
Ooooo, Ray, are those seat backs Kevlar weave?

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: Shout out to ROTtec carbon, seats installed today!