996 Turbo / GT2 Turbo discussion on previous model 2000-2005 Porsche 911 Twin Turbo and 911 GT2.

Best turbos

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 02-17-2010, 08:17 PM
robmd99 has a reputation beyond reputerobmd99 has a reputation beyond reputerobmd99 has a reputation beyond reputerobmd99 has a reputation beyond reputerobmd99 has a reputation beyond reputerobmd99 has a reputation beyond reputerobmd99 has a reputation beyond reputerobmd99 has a reputation beyond reputerobmd99 has a reputation beyond reputerobmd99 has a reputation beyond reputerobmd99 has a reputation beyond repute
I think it was your 750 kit on a auto.... scary fast!!!
Robert

Old 02-18-2010, 09:08 AM
bmoores Is a GOD !bmoores Is a GOD !bmoores Is a GOD !bmoores Is a GOD !bmoores Is a GOD !bmoores Is a GOD !bmoores Is a GOD !bmoores Is a GOD !bmoores Is a GOD !bmoores Is a GOD !bmoores Is a GOD !
Originally Posted by frankster
Reputable company . . . Have I not mentioned Akram's name, yet?

Akram - Motorwerks

Akram - Motorwerks

Akram - Motorwerks

Akram - Motorwerks

Akram - Motorwerks

Akram - Motorwerks

Akram - Motorwerks

Akram Inshanally at Motorwerks, here in Houston.

www.mwhouston.com

akram@mwhouston.com

Just a personal recommendation
Frank,

Akram is top notch. All my dealings with him have been nothing short of stellar. I think what Marek was referring to is Turbo preparation/manufacturing. Clearly you are excited about your build and Marek has been through your process a few times I'm sure he was just trying to lend some helpful advice. Can't wait to see how your beast does.

Old 02-18-2010, 06:57 PM
roadsterdoc is a splendid one to beholdroadsterdoc is a splendid one to beholdroadsterdoc is a splendid one to beholdroadsterdoc is a splendid one to beholdroadsterdoc is a splendid one to beholdroadsterdoc is a splendid one to beholdroadsterdoc is a splendid one to behold
Frank,

Contact me if you want a deal on this 3076 setup. I also have a twin disc 850HP lightweight clutch setup that is streetable. Akram knows how to reach me.

https://www.6speedonline.com/forums/automotive-parts-accessories-sale-wanted/187477-76mm-turbo-kit-996tt-997tt-gt2-700-1000hp-run-big-dogs.html

Regards,
Chris

Old 02-18-2010, 07:15 PM
Basic Sponsor
markski@markskituning Is a GOD !markski@markskituning Is a GOD !markski@markskituning Is a GOD !markski@markskituning Is a GOD !markski@markskituning Is a GOD !markski@markskituning Is a GOD !markski@markskituning Is a GOD !markski@markskituning Is a GOD !markski@markskituning Is a GOD !markski@markskituning Is a GOD !markski@markskituning Is a GOD !
Originally Posted by bmoores
Frank,
Clearly you are excited about your build and Marek has been through your process a few times I'm sure he was just trying to lend some helpful advice. Can't wait to see how your beast does.
Yes, instead of just getting one from company XXX I would talk to the person that actually puts it together and maybe get some more juice out of it... like port, clip the turbine wheel, etc etc... just depends...
This is what I received 2 years ago.. this is on the inside of the cold housing... imagine if that flaked off and destroyed the turbo... and it would...
Yet I really thought this was impossible in this business.... especially when you buy expensive turbos...
that is why I preach and preach and preach.... been there done it... paid for it 10 fold...

2001 996TT 3.6L and stock ECU
seconds @ 147.76 mph 1/4 mile
click to view
160 mph @ 9.77 seconds in 1/4 mile click to view
50% OFF ON PORSCHE ECU TUNING BLACK FRIDAY SPECIAL

Old 02-18-2010, 07:50 PM
Former Vendor
Neil Switzer Is a GOD !Neil Switzer Is a GOD !Neil Switzer Is a GOD !Neil Switzer Is a GOD !Neil Switzer Is a GOD !Neil Switzer Is a GOD !Neil Switzer Is a GOD !Neil Switzer Is a GOD !Neil Switzer Is a GOD !Neil Switzer Is a GOD !Neil Switzer Is a GOD !
That's pretty scary Marek, and I've seen just about the same and worse from certain places, quality control is an understatement, it is a way of life in this league of the game...

Old 02-18-2010, 08:30 PM
Hogapalooza has a reputation beyond reputeHogapalooza has a reputation beyond reputeHogapalooza has a reputation beyond reputeHogapalooza has a reputation beyond reputeHogapalooza has a reputation beyond reputeHogapalooza has a reputation beyond reputeHogapalooza has a reputation beyond reputeHogapalooza has a reputation beyond reputeHogapalooza has a reputation beyond reputeHogapalooza has a reputation beyond reputeHogapalooza has a reputation beyond repute
Originally Posted by Neil Switzer
That's pretty scary Marek, and I've seen just about the same and worse from certain places, quality control is an understatement, it is a way of life in this league of the game...
That is scary to see a person like you say " it is a way of life in this league of the game..."

I'll change leagues and make sure it's not only a good price but the price of my mods reflect a great customer service program, very detailed qaulity control, and passion for what they do.
I read a few guys here that I believe deliver the goods. The rest... Not so much.

Old 02-18-2010, 08:38 PM
Former Vendor
Neil Switzer Is a GOD !Neil Switzer Is a GOD !Neil Switzer Is a GOD !Neil Switzer Is a GOD !Neil Switzer Is a GOD !Neil Switzer Is a GOD !Neil Switzer Is a GOD !Neil Switzer Is a GOD !Neil Switzer Is a GOD !Neil Switzer Is a GOD !Neil Switzer Is a GOD !
Originally Posted by Hogapalooza
That is scary to see a person like you say " it is a way of life in this league of the game..."
What I was leaning towards with that is you cannot take everything for granted, just as Marek showed, in his example with the turbo.

It most certainly is a way of life, when replacement engines costs over $30,000, you cannot take chances.

We, and I am sure many others, have standards and procedures in place, precise perfection is the only way to go.