996 Turbo / GT2 Turbo discussion on previous model 2000-2005 Porsche 911 Twin Turbo and 911 GT2.

Gemballa in trouble

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 02-16-2010, 12:47 PM
996TT_STEVO has a reputation beyond repute996TT_STEVO has a reputation beyond repute996TT_STEVO has a reputation beyond repute996TT_STEVO has a reputation beyond repute996TT_STEVO has a reputation beyond repute996TT_STEVO has a reputation beyond repute996TT_STEVO has a reputation beyond repute996TT_STEVO has a reputation beyond repute996TT_STEVO has a reputation beyond repute996TT_STEVO has a reputation beyond repute996TT_STEVO has a reputation beyond repute
Old 02-16-2010, 12:56 PM
str8blst Is a GOD !str8blst Is a GOD !str8blst Is a GOD !str8blst Is a GOD !str8blst Is a GOD !str8blst Is a GOD !str8blst Is a GOD !str8blst Is a GOD !str8blst Is a GOD !str8blst Is a GOD !str8blst Is a GOD !
Suppose that's better news to some then this posting on Autoblog.com ....

"Porschephiles and automotive enthusiasts the world over recognize the name Gemballa. The German tuning house has been responsible for some of the most extreme creations on four wheels and has been a well-respected brand for decades. Now reports indicate that Uwe Gemballa, founder and head of the namesake aftermarket tuner, has gone missing.

According to the reports, the 51-year-old Gemballa was on a trip to South Africa when he went missing. The suspected site of his disappearance is Johannesburg, long known as one of the most dangerous cities in the world due to the rampant violent crime rate in its downtown core. Investigators in Germany are reportedly in contact with law enforcement authorities in South Africa in an effort to recover Uwe, and for our part, we hope his safe return comes as quickly as his record-breaking supercars."
http://www.autoblog.com/2010/02/15/r...n-south-africa

Old 02-16-2010, 01:15 PM
art4iza Is a GOD !art4iza Is a GOD !art4iza Is a GOD !art4iza Is a GOD !art4iza Is a GOD !art4iza Is a GOD !art4iza Is a GOD !art4iza Is a GOD !art4iza Is a GOD !art4iza Is a GOD !art4iza Is a GOD !
I heard this story too, hope they find him soon. That's a tough part of that Country.

Old 02-16-2010, 01:48 PM
Steve Theodore Is a GOD !Steve Theodore Is a GOD !Steve Theodore Is a GOD !Steve Theodore Is a GOD !Steve Theodore Is a GOD !Steve Theodore Is a GOD !Steve Theodore Is a GOD !Steve Theodore Is a GOD !Steve Theodore Is a GOD !Steve Theodore Is a GOD !Steve Theodore Is a GOD !
My Gemballa parts might be worth more money one day...NOT!

LOL at this comment from the Jalopnik link.

The confusion resulted because Gemballa had told his staff he was hiking the Appalachian Trail. But when he suddenly realized the sorts of crimes against automanity he'd perpetrated over the years, he blindly boarded the first international flight out of Frankfurt.

Old 02-16-2010, 02:10 PM
MBailey Is a GOD !MBailey Is a GOD !MBailey Is a GOD !MBailey Is a GOD !MBailey Is a GOD !MBailey Is a GOD !MBailey Is a GOD !MBailey Is a GOD !MBailey Is a GOD !MBailey Is a GOD !MBailey Is a GOD !
Not completely surprizing...

Old 02-16-2010, 02:52 PM
ColoradoSilver has much to be proud ofColoradoSilver has much to be proud ofColoradoSilver has much to be proud ofColoradoSilver has much to be proud ofColoradoSilver has much to be proud ofColoradoSilver has much to be proud ofColoradoSilver has much to be proud ofColoradoSilver has much to be proud ofColoradoSilver has much to be proud of
Missing in Africa?

I've seen survival specials about what a nightmare that can be. Unless you know what you're doing, you either end up dead because of: Dehydration, Malaria, Lion Food, Trampled, Mauled, Mosquitoes, Snakes, Heat Stroke, Starvation, Exposure, etc....

Old 02-16-2010, 03:32 PM
Basic Sponsor
markski@markskituning Is a GOD !markski@markskituning Is a GOD !markski@markskituning Is a GOD !markski@markskituning Is a GOD !markski@markskituning Is a GOD !markski@markskituning Is a GOD !markski@markskituning Is a GOD !markski@markskituning Is a GOD !markski@markskituning Is a GOD !markski@markskituning Is a GOD !markski@markskituning Is a GOD !
What was he doing in that part of the country? No autobahns there thats for sure... odd to say the least...
hope he is alive.
markski

2001 996TT 3.6L and stock ECU
seconds @ 147.76 mph 1/4 mile
click to view
160 mph @ 9.77 seconds in 1/4 mile click to view
50% OFF ON PORSCHE ECU TUNING BLACK FRIDAY SPECIAL

Old 02-16-2010, 03:32 PM
MBailey Is a GOD !MBailey Is a GOD !MBailey Is a GOD !MBailey Is a GOD !MBailey Is a GOD !MBailey Is a GOD !MBailey Is a GOD !MBailey Is a GOD !MBailey Is a GOD !MBailey Is a GOD !MBailey Is a GOD !
Originally Posted by ColoradoSilver
Missing in Africa?

I've seen survival specials about what a nightmare that can be. Unless you know what you're doing, you either end up dead because of: Dehydration, Malaria, Lion Food, Trampled, Mauled, Mosquitoes, Snakes, Heat Stroke, Starvation, Exposure, etc....
I guess all that is better than facing what has happened at home!!

Old 02-16-2010, 03:48 PM
150shot is infamous around these parts
I remember Vanilla Ice having a Gemballa modified Porsche....and I always wanted one modded with Gemballa since then! Hopefully everything is ok.

Old 02-16-2010, 05:48 PM
ard
ard Is a GOD !ard Is a GOD !ard Is a GOD !ard Is a GOD !ard Is a GOD !ard Is a GOD !ard Is a GOD !ard Is a GOD !ard Is a GOD !ard Is a GOD !ard Is a GOD !
Originally Posted by ColoradoSilver
Missing in Africa?

Wait....

We're talking Johannesburg. More like shot for pocket change or necklaced (burning tire jammed over your neck and arms) than those maladies you list.

Old 02-16-2010, 06:27 PM
Tech1_Mike has a reputation beyond reputeTech1_Mike has a reputation beyond reputeTech1_Mike has a reputation beyond reputeTech1_Mike has a reputation beyond reputeTech1_Mike has a reputation beyond reputeTech1_Mike has a reputation beyond reputeTech1_Mike has a reputation beyond reputeTech1_Mike has a reputation beyond reputeTech1_Mike has a reputation beyond reputeTech1_Mike has a reputation beyond reputeTech1_Mike has a reputation beyond repute
Jalopnik knows absolutely nothing. Nothing! They are the National Enquirer of the automotive internet. They are guilty of Olympic "conclusion jumping".

Uwe Gemballa is missing in a very dangerous place. He has been missing since 2/8. I spoke to him on 2/7 from Dubai. That was a week before the authorities got involved.

Just so everyone knows, it is commonplace for the German Authorities to do a lockdown when the owner or CEO turns up missing. This is to protect company assets, leased equipment, bank assets, customer cars, etc. If Jalopnik had bothered to call even one reliable source, they would know this.

I strongly suggest everyone wait and see how this turns out before ruining the reputation of a man who has devoted his life to the passion of performance automobiles.

For the record, he hasn't been accused by anyone, of anything.

And yes, he is my friend.

Old 02-16-2010, 08:18 PM
sid350 Is a GOD !sid350 Is a GOD !sid350 Is a GOD !sid350 Is a GOD !sid350 Is a GOD !sid350 Is a GOD !sid350 Is a GOD !sid350 Is a GOD !sid350 Is a GOD !sid350 Is a GOD !sid350 Is a GOD !
Well said... nice looking wheels on your avatar, what kind are they?

Old 02-16-2010, 09:19 PM
str8blst Is a GOD !str8blst Is a GOD !str8blst Is a GOD !str8blst Is a GOD !str8blst Is a GOD !str8blst Is a GOD !str8blst Is a GOD !str8blst Is a GOD !str8blst Is a GOD !str8blst Is a GOD !str8blst Is a GOD !
Originally Posted by Tech1_Mike
Uwe Gemballa is missing in a very dangerous place. He has been missing since 2/8. I spoke to him on 2/7 from Dubai. That was a week before the authorities got involved.
I strongly suggest everyone wait and see how this turns out before ruining the reputation of a man who has devoted his life to the passion of performance automobiles.

WOW! A man that well connected should be hard to hide. I bet there are A LOT of people looking for him. I hope he is found safe.

Old 02-16-2010, 09:27 PM
Originally Posted by Tech1_Mike
Jalopnik knows absolutely nothing. Nothing! They are the National Enquirer of the automotive internet. They are guilty of Olympic "conclusion jumping".

Just so everyone knows, it is commonplace for the German Authorities to do a lockdown when the owner or CEO turns up missing. This is to protect company assets, leased equipment, bank assets, customer cars, etc. If Jalopnik had bothered to call even one reliable source, they would know this.

So article probably not accurate...?

If not, I hope nothing serious has happened to him.

Old 02-16-2010, 09:32 PM
Ichiban is infamous around these parts
South Africa is no place to be hanging out, **** goes down like no tomorrow.
I hope Gemballa is alright, his designs were just brilliant.

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: Gemballa in trouble