996 Turbo / GT2 Turbo discussion on previous model 2000-2005 Porsche 911 Twin Turbo and 911 GT2.

Who is still using a stock MAF at 550+whp?

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 05-08-2010, 03:02 PM
ttboost Is a GOD !ttboost Is a GOD !ttboost Is a GOD !ttboost Is a GOD !ttboost Is a GOD !ttboost Is a GOD !ttboost Is a GOD !ttboost Is a GOD !ttboost Is a GOD !ttboost Is a GOD !ttboost Is a GOD !
[quote=kelesha;2832987]Street Porsche without PSM is like sprinter without one leg[quote]

If you can't drive

Old 05-08-2010, 03:09 PM
kelesha is infamous around these partskelesha is infamous around these parts
Originally Posted by ttboost
If you can't drive
Ok, then i cant drive, no problem But If we talk about street car for everyday use, then ABS/PSM are must, thats my simple opinion

Old 05-08-2010, 03:12 PM
ttboost Is a GOD !ttboost Is a GOD !ttboost Is a GOD !ttboost Is a GOD !ttboost Is a GOD !ttboost Is a GOD !ttboost Is a GOD !ttboost Is a GOD !ttboost Is a GOD !ttboost Is a GOD !ttboost Is a GOD !
Originally Posted by kelesha
Ok, then i cant drive, no problem But If we talk about street car for everyday use, then ABS/PSM are must, thats my simple opinion
For everyday driving, it's fine. Many find it too intrusive for aggressive driving.

Old 05-08-2010, 03:23 PM
Basic Sponsor
markski@markskituning Is a GOD !markski@markskituning Is a GOD !markski@markskituning Is a GOD !markski@markskituning Is a GOD !markski@markskituning Is a GOD !markski@markskituning Is a GOD !markski@markskituning Is a GOD !markski@markskituning Is a GOD !markski@markskituning Is a GOD !markski@markskituning Is a GOD !markski@markskituning Is a GOD !
Not worried. Car ran 9s and mid 4s 60 to 130. This is nothing new.
I made a few different ics These are my latest.

2001 996TT 3.6L and stock ECU
seconds @ 147.76 mph 1/4 mile
click to view
160 mph @ 9.77 seconds in 1/4 mile click to view
50% OFF ON PORSCHE ECU TUNING BLACK FRIDAY SPECIAL

Old 05-08-2010, 03:52 PM
aroonkl is a jewel in the rougharoonkl is a jewel in the rougharoonkl is a jewel in the rougharoonkl is a jewel in the rough
Your car might not have power to activate PSM much. When I was stock with exh and V-flow, I did not have issue eithier. After upgrade turbo, inj, tune and intake pipes, it interferes and cuts my power often. I turn it off when I am not forget.
Originally Posted by kelesha

Old 05-08-2010, 07:23 PM
steve harris Is a GOD !steve harris Is a GOD !steve harris Is a GOD !steve harris Is a GOD !steve harris Is a GOD !steve harris Is a GOD !steve harris Is a GOD !steve harris Is a GOD !steve harris Is a GOD !steve harris Is a GOD !steve harris Is a GOD !
the sound of blow off vs....it's drivin me crazy my dvs made a great sound loved it, pue evo piping to the yurbos and it's gone not a wisper any ideas.. the car runs great faster than without the piping

Old 05-09-2010, 12:16 AM
Originally Posted by MARKSKI@911tuning
Not worried. Car ran 9s and mid 4s 60 to 130. This is nothing new.
I made a few different ics These are my latest.
Your car have all hardware mods what it can have at all, so 9s and 4s 60 to 130 is normal result for that budget i think
But i talk about efficiensy of the intercoolers from your picture......if they can hold the temp in boost with 10-15 degrees difference from ambient then all is fine, if not, they are simply not that efficient like they need to be

Old 05-09-2010, 12:28 AM
Basic Sponsor
markski@markskituning Is a GOD !markski@markskituning Is a GOD !markski@markskituning Is a GOD !markski@markskituning Is a GOD !markski@markskituning Is a GOD !markski@markskituning Is a GOD !markski@markskituning Is a GOD !markski@markskituning Is a GOD !markski@markskituning Is a GOD !markski@markskituning Is a GOD !markski@markskituning Is a GOD !
In a perfect world sure. But these are not Secan $25k ics. Sure that's what ur referring to. However I bet those secans would not hold too well on the set up I showed you.
A k16 does not poduce as much heat and volume as a gt35r thus everything changes.
I do know that my 4.5s I make do run 10 degree Celsius hotter then ambient on boost And Thats on a gt30 r setup as in a pic just not a 35r.
Switzer runs 6" ics and he has a few fast cars In Russia.

click to view

Last edited by markski@markskituning; 05-09-2010 at 12:34 AM.
Old 05-09-2010, 09:40 AM
Originally Posted by MARKSKI@911tuning
In a perfect world sure. But these are not Secan $25k ics. Sure that's what ur referring to. However I bet those secans would not hold too well on the set up I showed you.
A k16 does not poduce as much heat and volume as a gt35r thus everything changes.
I do know that my 4.5s I make do run 10 degree Celsius hotter then ambient on boost And Thats on a gt30 r setup as in a pic just not a 35r.
Switzer runs 6" ics and he has a few fast cars In Russia.
No, there is not reason to spend stupid money for intercoolers, when with these money you can build whole car You like many tuners in USA use Bell cores and they are absolutely fine, no problem with them, problem what i see is how counter air reach the core and with what speed and volume and are they sufficient for core size, even Secans cant be that effective with low counter air volume and speed And when the air filter is in that place, it "suck" a lot of air too and that way intercooler efficiensy is reduced one more time. Thats the reason for Porsche to use that plastic air tube what you remove when you put your cores, it helps more air already with good speed to reach the cores and to cool them

Old 05-09-2010, 09:49 AM
unvmy996 Is a GOD !unvmy996 Is a GOD !unvmy996 Is a GOD !unvmy996 Is a GOD !unvmy996 Is a GOD !unvmy996 Is a GOD !unvmy996 Is a GOD !unvmy996 Is a GOD !unvmy996 Is a GOD !unvmy996 Is a GOD !unvmy996 Is a GOD !
Kelesha, your hypothesis is very amusing , i can assure you that with out the ducts is does not reduce no efficiencey the larger surface area makes up for that and then some.. LOL also the intake sucking so much air to reduce the efficiency of the intercooler is just funny there is no way at 50 mph for the turbo to suck so much air as to cuase an issue with efficiency ..

also ... there are a few us tuners that can do mafless tunes but one its expensive and two , kind of pointless unless you are going for BIG power !!

and lastly powell has a custome one off tune to his stand alone becuase tony tuned it ,and its the only one he has done.

Old 05-09-2010, 10:22 AM
Originally Posted by unvmy996
Kelesha, your hypothesis is very amusing , i can assure you that with out the ducts is does not reduce no efficiencey the larger surface area makes up for that and then some.. LOL also the intake sucking so much air to reduce the efficiency of the intercooler is just funny there is no way at 50 mph for the turbo to suck so much air as to cuase an issue with efficiency ..
Mate, funny or not, thats simple true, plastic ducts have function even if thats so funny for you . You can assure me for anything............ok try that, because i know you cant done that ?

also ... there are a few us tuners that can do mafless tunes but one its expensive and two , kind of pointless unless you are going for BIG power !!
Few in USA ? Except EVOMSit i dont know other, and what you mean by "expensive" ? Anyway in Greece i know at least 3 guys/companies who can done that without problem........

and lastly powell has a custome one off tune to his stand alone becuase tony tuned it ,and its the only one he has done.
Now i understand ! But interesting is how in that case is managed VarioCam system, electronic throttle controll and CAN bus communications with all other electronic modules in the car ?

Old 05-09-2010, 11:34 AM
unvmy996 Is a GOD !unvmy996 Is a GOD !unvmy996 Is a GOD !unvmy996 Is a GOD !unvmy996 Is a GOD !unvmy996 Is a GOD !unvmy996 Is a GOD !unvmy996 Is a GOD !unvmy996 Is a GOD !unvmy996 Is a GOD !unvmy996 Is a GOD !
home slice the only time im in greece is in the summer time and i dont tinker with cars , i lay on the beach all day in mykonos .

yes there are few us companys here that can do it, why ? do you think the euro tuners are the only ones capable ? lets not turn this into a us vs euro tuner war cuase you will loose.

mate if it hurt that much cars with that exact setup would not be running 9s , and 60 to 130 in the 4's . again i will not talk in circles since its hard for you to comprehend ,

on the last part you can simply ask tony , powell and justin n .

Old 05-09-2010, 12:00 PM
yes there are few us companys here that can do it, why ? do you think the euro tuners are the only ones capable ? lets not turn this into a us vs euro tuner war cuase you will loose.
I dont want to compare here who is "more" capable and why, for me is only interesting that there is not mafless solution for these cars in USA till now, except EVOMSit and their solution comes from EU too

mate if it hurt that much cars with that exact setup would not be running 9s , and 60 to 130 in the 4's . again i will not talk in circles since its hard for you to comprehend
Ok, fine, but intercooler with that location like in Porsche, without ducting is not efficient at all

Old 05-09-2010, 12:20 PM
how do you know there was no mafless solution till now ? did you look into your crystal ball ? you must be a euro tuner or a troll..... becuase for saying you do not wish to start a tuner war.... sure looks like the opposite .... simply WE HAVE FASTER CARS THEN YOU DO !!!THE END !

STOP DRINKING THE KOOLAID son !! who said anything but intercooler location ?? i was simply implying that the ducting and the intake does hinder performance, and we have the times and numbers to prove it .

Old 05-09-2010, 12:36 PM
Basic Sponsor
Kelesha,
You seem to either be a Euro tuner or someone thats seems to know a lot about IC design and Maf solutions... Do you know how to code via winOLS as well?
I would love to run my car without a maf.... maybe you can help us all... Can you please tell me how to Properly do my ICs? what is in your opinion the best size in IC core for a 1200 hp P car?

BTW, here is a video of my car with poor IC design and a after market maf...
do you have any times for your mafless cars? traps? 60 to 130s?

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=r8DdLl2Rmmk

click to view

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: Who is still using a stock MAF at 550+whp?