996 Turbo / GT2 Turbo discussion on previous model 2000-2005 Porsche 911 Twin Turbo and 911 GT2.

What K24 can do on dyno?

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 02-23-2010, 12:13 PM
XPGT2 is a splendid one to beholdXPGT2 is a splendid one to beholdXPGT2 is a splendid one to beholdXPGT2 is a splendid one to beholdXPGT2 is a splendid one to beholdXPGT2 is a splendid one to beholdXPGT2 is a splendid one to behold
Originally Posted by 80shilling
I'm really surprised that it isn't making more power... I guess my expectations are about to be dashed for MY recent upgrades.. See my sig.

Sig looks good. About the only difference between our cars is I have Moton 3 ways. We were just at Homestead and finally getting it properly dialed in. It now feels like my ex 996GT3 on steriods, thats a good thing

I don't get hung up with dyno #'s and the only reason I have figures is I needed them for NASA TT.

Peter

Old 02-23-2010, 02:34 PM
rdss Is a GOD !rdss Is a GOD !rdss Is a GOD !rdss Is a GOD !rdss Is a GOD !rdss Is a GOD !rdss Is a GOD !rdss Is a GOD !rdss Is a GOD !rdss Is a GOD !rdss Is a GOD !
Originally Posted by deef 996tt
What do you guys think a 996tt tip with k24, exhaust, flash, diverter valves on 4WD can do on dyno?
I had the same set up as you do but my car is 6 speed,i got the 18g's from Mark 911 tunning and it is an amazing difference.You won't believe
it,your car will fly.She really will.

Rolando

Old 02-23-2010, 08:44 PM
LiNks has a reputation beyond reputeLiNks has a reputation beyond reputeLiNks has a reputation beyond reputeLiNks has a reputation beyond reputeLiNks has a reputation beyond reputeLiNks has a reputation beyond reputeLiNks has a reputation beyond reputeLiNks has a reputation beyond reputeLiNks has a reputation beyond reputeLiNks has a reputation beyond reputeLiNks has a reputation beyond repute
I trapped 126.XX in the 1/4 with my stock K24s, all supporting mods and 100 octane on stock tires.... I have run against a 24/18 car from a roll and pulled on it immediately, however I got passed at around the 120mph mark.

I think that for a stock Porsche made almost 10 years ago, with a flash a few bolt ons, it is quite impressive. Could not think of a better more reliable platform. (or i would have gotten it)

Old 02-23-2010, 11:22 PM
heavychevy Is a GOD !heavychevy Is a GOD !heavychevy Is a GOD !heavychevy Is a GOD !heavychevy Is a GOD !heavychevy Is a GOD !heavychevy Is a GOD !heavychevy Is a GOD !heavychevy Is a GOD !heavychevy Is a GOD !heavychevy Is a GOD !
Originally Posted by XPGT2
2002 GT2 K24's, GMG Exhaust, Giac Tune 465 rwhp 477 rwt 3 pulls Dynojet SAE corrected, smoothing 5. 4th gear pull

11.77 124 mph 1/4 mile Michelin PS2's
Peter
2003 TT PSI Loud Exhaust, Forge DV's, Orton Flash

523 Rwhp (not AWHP) Dynojet
11.7 @ 125 (awd) full weight with 19" techart anvils. PS2's

Originally Posted by LiNks
I trapped 126.XX in the 1/4 with my stock K24s, all supporting mods and 100 octane on stock tires.... I have run against a 24/18 car from a roll and pulled on it immediately, however I got passed at around the 120mph mark.

I think that for a stock Porsche made almost 10 years ago, with a flash a few bolt ons, it is quite impressive. Could not think of a better more reliable platform. (or i would have gotten it)
I agree. I Good K24 flash and exhaust will have you running 125 traps, we've seen it on a regular basis here.

However a tiptronic is another story, can't speak on that.

Old 02-24-2010, 07:21 AM
rdss Is a GOD !rdss Is a GOD !rdss Is a GOD !rdss Is a GOD !rdss Is a GOD !rdss Is a GOD !rdss Is a GOD !rdss Is a GOD !rdss Is a GOD !rdss Is a GOD !rdss Is a GOD !
Originally Posted by LiNks

I agree it is incredible what those car do with so little,BUT for 24/18g's it all depends WHO does the job thats why i strongly recomend Mark 911 tunning. For me it's a amazing difference between K24 stock and 24/18g's i have run a few Evo's heavy modded and one of them got me with K24 stock,but when i had the 24/18 set up the guy of the Evo was so impressed,and lookers also, what a big difference i pulled from him.I have also got ease a M6 with Dinnan stage 2 and it was 4 cars difference that i pulled from him in 1/4 mile.

Old 02-24-2010, 08:13 AM
Hogapalooza has a reputation beyond reputeHogapalooza has a reputation beyond reputeHogapalooza has a reputation beyond reputeHogapalooza has a reputation beyond reputeHogapalooza has a reputation beyond reputeHogapalooza has a reputation beyond reputeHogapalooza has a reputation beyond reputeHogapalooza has a reputation beyond reputeHogapalooza has a reputation beyond reputeHogapalooza has a reputation beyond reputeHogapalooza has a reputation beyond repute
When I change from the 16 to the 18g on my K24's I'll have Mark do it. He didn't try to sell me something my budget can't afford and I really don't need in regards to the HP I am looking at going to.
This place is very fortunate to have people like Markski and Neil Switzer here. I only mention them because I have talked to each of them in depth about what I want and how can I get there. Both treated me more like a friend then a potential customer.

Old 02-24-2010, 09:49 AM
PAULIEWALNUTS Is a GOD !PAULIEWALNUTS Is a GOD !PAULIEWALNUTS Is a GOD !PAULIEWALNUTS Is a GOD !PAULIEWALNUTS Is a GOD !PAULIEWALNUTS Is a GOD !PAULIEWALNUTS Is a GOD !PAULIEWALNUTS Is a GOD !PAULIEWALNUTS Is a GOD !PAULIEWALNUTS Is a GOD !PAULIEWALNUTS Is a GOD !
Joe said don't let him catch you on the street in Fayetteville or else he is going to put the smackdown on you.Name:  evilplans.gif
Views: 271
Size:  3.8 KB

Old 02-24-2010, 10:08 AM
Hogapalooza has a reputation beyond reputeHogapalooza has a reputation beyond reputeHogapalooza has a reputation beyond reputeHogapalooza has a reputation beyond reputeHogapalooza has a reputation beyond reputeHogapalooza has a reputation beyond reputeHogapalooza has a reputation beyond reputeHogapalooza has a reputation beyond reputeHogapalooza has a reputation beyond reputeHogapalooza has a reputation beyond reputeHogapalooza has a reputation beyond repute
Originally Posted by PAULIEWALNUTS
Joe said don't let him catch you on the street in Fayetteville or else he is going to put the smackdown on you.Attachment 117042
Yeah, that is the truth against Joe's car, especially against my stock 1. No reason for me to be upset about that, unless I spend a lot of $ and it still happens.
I hope to see him the next time we go out on a coffee, cars, and fun run. I hear he’s in the market for a new car, 900HP Gallardo. I hope he gets it!

Old 02-24-2010, 11:39 AM
ttboost Is a GOD !ttboost Is a GOD !ttboost Is a GOD !ttboost Is a GOD !ttboost Is a GOD !ttboost Is a GOD !ttboost Is a GOD !ttboost Is a GOD !ttboost Is a GOD !ttboost Is a GOD !ttboost Is a GOD !
Originally Posted by rdss
I agree it is incredible what those car do with so little,BUT for 24/18g's it all depends WHO does the job thats why i strongly recomend Mark 911 tunning. For me it's a amazing difference between K24 stock and 24/18g's i have run a few Evo's heavy modded and one of them got me with K24 stock,but when i had the 24/18 set up the guy of the Evo was so impressed,and lookers also, what a big difference i pulled from him.I have also got ease a M6 with Dinnan stage 2 and it was 4 cars difference that i pulled from him in 1/4 mile.

EPL also puts together a very stout 18g package, if you are looking for more options. My car runs very well with not too many mods.

Old 02-24-2010, 10:20 PM
devious996TT is infamous around these parts
hmm.. I'm curious as to what an X50 with EVOMS Stage 4 and upgraded wastegates run?