996 Turbo / GT2 Turbo discussion on previous model 2000-2005 Porsche 911 Twin Turbo and 911 GT2.

Got tired of my tired looking graphite grey interior

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 02-20-2010, 12:14 PM
No SubstiTTute is infamous around these parts
Got tired of my tired looking graphite grey interior

Here are a couple of pics of a mild interior makeover I did. My black turbo came with a full leather graphite grey interior. I grew weary of the "sea of grey" and decided to accent the grey with a dose of black.

I obtained a black painted console with the nonsmoker option from Bumper Plugs, new factory Porsche carbon fiber with black leather ebrake and shifter from Suncoast, new pedals from AutoTalent and black embroidered Lloyd's mats from CARiD. I put the black mats in first, and the mats alone made a huge difference. Now that the installation is completed, the console is a focal point as it really pops. The passenger and driver sides of the car are more defined now.

I am very pleased with the result as it really freshens up the car. Maybe one more thing….been looking at that Carbon storage lid……

Attached Images   
Old 02-20-2010, 12:43 PM
jcb-memphis has a reputation beyond reputejcb-memphis has a reputation beyond reputejcb-memphis has a reputation beyond reputejcb-memphis has a reputation beyond reputejcb-memphis has a reputation beyond reputejcb-memphis has a reputation beyond reputejcb-memphis has a reputation beyond reputejcb-memphis has a reputation beyond reputejcb-memphis has a reputation beyond reputejcb-memphis has a reputation beyond reputejcb-memphis has a reputation beyond repute
Agree. Two tone interiors in these cars really make a huge difference.

Grey is the toughest, but natural brown is like living in a baseball glove. A very expensive one, but still a baseball glove. The prior owner did the carpets on the order in blue....he was brilliant in my mind to do that.

Jeff

Attached Images  
Old 02-20-2010, 12:55 PM
acf
acf is a splendid one to beholdacf is a splendid one to beholdacf is a splendid one to beholdacf is a splendid one to beholdacf is a splendid one to beholdacf is a splendid one to beholdacf is a splendid one to behold
jcb, that interior looks amazing.

Old 02-20-2010, 01:35 PM
Basic Sponsor
John@SpeedTech Is a GOD !John@SpeedTech Is a GOD !John@SpeedTech Is a GOD !John@SpeedTech Is a GOD !John@SpeedTech Is a GOD !John@SpeedTech Is a GOD !John@SpeedTech Is a GOD !John@SpeedTech Is a GOD !John@SpeedTech Is a GOD !John@SpeedTech Is a GOD !John@SpeedTech Is a GOD !
I encountered the same feelings with my 993TT and went with full CF and black mats to break it up. It really helped out a lot. I think the more black you can introduce to a gray interior, the better it will look.

2022 Cayenne White
former 1972 911T white, 1984 911 3.2 Targa black, 993 cab white, 993TT arena red, 993TT silver, 996TT speed yellow, 991.1 GT3 white
www.speedtechexhausts.com
info@speedtechexhausts.com
Testimonials facebook SpeedTech Exhaust Videos
Old 02-20-2010, 01:58 PM
BlackHorseTurbo Is a GOD !BlackHorseTurbo Is a GOD !BlackHorseTurbo Is a GOD !BlackHorseTurbo Is a GOD !BlackHorseTurbo Is a GOD !BlackHorseTurbo Is a GOD !BlackHorseTurbo Is a GOD !BlackHorseTurbo Is a GOD !BlackHorseTurbo Is a GOD !BlackHorseTurbo Is a GOD !BlackHorseTurbo Is a GOD !
Very nice change. I was tired of the mono tone as well and painted some pieces the same as the body. Seal gray.

Name:  BHTinterioratCC.jpg
Views: 2524
Size:  92.2 KB

Name:  Consoleandradiointerior.jpg
Views: 2119
Size:  126.8 KB

Old 02-20-2010, 02:08 PM
ttboost Is a GOD !ttboost Is a GOD !ttboost Is a GOD !ttboost Is a GOD !ttboost Is a GOD !ttboost Is a GOD !ttboost Is a GOD !ttboost Is a GOD !ttboost Is a GOD !ttboost Is a GOD !ttboost Is a GOD !
Nice how you broke up all that gray with...um...GRAY!!! (sorry brotha...had to)

Old 02-20-2010, 02:17 PM
BlackHorseTurbo Is a GOD !BlackHorseTurbo Is a GOD !BlackHorseTurbo Is a GOD !BlackHorseTurbo Is a GOD !BlackHorseTurbo Is a GOD !BlackHorseTurbo Is a GOD !BlackHorseTurbo Is a GOD !BlackHorseTurbo Is a GOD !BlackHorseTurbo Is a GOD !BlackHorseTurbo Is a GOD !BlackHorseTurbo Is a GOD !
it's darker gray, jerk.

Old 02-20-2010, 02:30 PM
jcb-memphis has a reputation beyond reputejcb-memphis has a reputation beyond reputejcb-memphis has a reputation beyond reputejcb-memphis has a reputation beyond reputejcb-memphis has a reputation beyond reputejcb-memphis has a reputation beyond reputejcb-memphis has a reputation beyond reputejcb-memphis has a reputation beyond reputejcb-memphis has a reputation beyond reputejcb-memphis has a reputation beyond reputejcb-memphis has a reputation beyond repute
Originally Posted by aaronchanfilms
jcb, that interior looks amazing.
Thanks.

Slow, steady changes..

ray's seats

oem ssk

ultimate pedals designed by me (really), inspired by Tom Kerr

avic d3x when the oem pos cd based unit died and the dealer wanted 3500+...custom mic drilled into a dead switch...looks oem

track mats

techart **** really lower to the floor, shortening shifting even more...super smooth DAS tranny rebuild with notch upgrade

german carbon fiber parking brake after mechanic mauled my natural brown unit....to get a natural brown in carbon would have taken months....don't ask

dallas custom wheel

wired into top harness radar unit

bk harness bar

schroth harnesses

updated key

It is a pleasure to drive dd and on the track, it is could be a weapon if its driver was any good.

Last edited by jcb-memphis; 02-20-2010 at 02:39 PM.
Old 02-20-2010, 06:24 PM
JSBear has a reputation beyond reputeJSBear has a reputation beyond reputeJSBear has a reputation beyond reputeJSBear has a reputation beyond reputeJSBear has a reputation beyond reputeJSBear has a reputation beyond reputeJSBear has a reputation beyond reputeJSBear has a reputation beyond reputeJSBear has a reputation beyond reputeJSBear has a reputation beyond reputeJSBear has a reputation beyond repute
Jeff (jcb-Memphis), can you provide more details on your steering wheel ? My interior is similar to yours and would like to add some black leather accents to my wheel.

Thanks.

Old 02-20-2010, 06:52 PM
Old 02-22-2010, 01:17 AM
Duane996tt has a reputation beyond reputeDuane996tt has a reputation beyond reputeDuane996tt has a reputation beyond reputeDuane996tt has a reputation beyond reputeDuane996tt has a reputation beyond reputeDuane996tt has a reputation beyond reputeDuane996tt has a reputation beyond reputeDuane996tt has a reputation beyond reputeDuane996tt has a reputation beyond reputeDuane996tt has a reputation beyond reputeDuane996tt has a reputation beyond repute
Sweet contrast. I did the same with the black interior of my 993. Grey carpet mats with black lettering, grey leather center seat inserts (very easy to do with sport seats). Gave the interior a custom look for very little $$$.

Old 02-22-2010, 12:09 PM
BlueFVD-575 is a splendid one to beholdBlueFVD-575 is a splendid one to beholdBlueFVD-575 is a splendid one to beholdBlueFVD-575 is a splendid one to beholdBlueFVD-575 is a splendid one to beholdBlueFVD-575 is a splendid one to beholdBlueFVD-575 is a splendid one to beholdBlueFVD-575 is a splendid one to behold
I also have graphite grey with wood accents (i dont get why this is even an option - except the rest of the car was too good to pass up). I swapped out a few pieces (via Bumperplugs) and now in the middle of redoing the steering wheel in padded alcantara...gotta cover up as much wood as possible. Definetely gotta do something with that all gray wheel... this guy in Florida 'AGLA' seems to put out a nice product, will let u know how it turns out. Seems he can do just about anthing to a steering wheel or shift ****. Price not too bad either, certainly cheaper than replacing it.

Old 02-22-2010, 12:51 PM
landjet Is a GOD !landjet Is a GOD !landjet Is a GOD !landjet Is a GOD !landjet Is a GOD !landjet Is a GOD !landjet Is a GOD !landjet Is a GOD !landjet Is a GOD !landjet Is a GOD !landjet Is a GOD !
I'm waiting on some mats right now and have done the seats and steering wheel. I'll get some pics up once I get the mats in.

Old 02-22-2010, 01:32 PM
ShokWaveRider is a name known to allShokWaveRider is a name known to allShokWaveRider is a name known to allShokWaveRider is a name known to allShokWaveRider is a name known to allShokWaveRider is a name known to all
Funny you should say this. I am bored with my Grey interior too. I do not think it is graphite though, it is like the poster's. Graphite is darker I think. Anyway, I am thinking of doing the seat inserts front and rear in Blue Alcantara to match the car's exterior. Like the Baseball Glove but in Blue Alcantara. Better for Florida heat. Also I can do the rear inserts easily as they just pop out. I used to have this Audi S4 and loved the interior. See Photos Below.

Attached Images     
Old 02-22-2010, 01:38 PM
XLR82XS Is a GOD !XLR82XS Is a GOD !XLR82XS Is a GOD !XLR82XS Is a GOD !XLR82XS Is a GOD !XLR82XS Is a GOD !XLR82XS Is a GOD !XLR82XS Is a GOD !XLR82XS Is a GOD !XLR82XS Is a GOD !XLR82XS Is a GOD !
Nice. I have the same floor mats. I think maybe replacing the suede up top (headliner) to black would look good as well.

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: Got tired of my tired looking graphite grey interior