996 Turbo / GT2 Turbo discussion on previous model 2000-2005 Porsche 911 Twin Turbo and 911 GT2.

Dropping my car off at TPC Racing next week..

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 06-22-2010, 05:06 PM
Divexxtreme Is a GOD !Divexxtreme Is a GOD !Divexxtreme Is a GOD !Divexxtreme Is a GOD !Divexxtreme Is a GOD !Divexxtreme Is a GOD !Divexxtreme Is a GOD !Divexxtreme Is a GOD !Divexxtreme Is a GOD !Divexxtreme Is a GOD !Divexxtreme Is a GOD !
Here is a pic of the stock rods. Still in perfect condition.

Drove the car home today (230 miles) and was running 1.1 BAR on 93 octane while still breaking her in. So far, she's running flawless and feels very strong. Can't wait to finish break-in.

Attached Images  
Old 06-22-2010, 05:23 PM
BlackHorseTurbo Is a GOD !BlackHorseTurbo Is a GOD !BlackHorseTurbo Is a GOD !BlackHorseTurbo Is a GOD !BlackHorseTurbo Is a GOD !BlackHorseTurbo Is a GOD !BlackHorseTurbo Is a GOD !BlackHorseTurbo Is a GOD !BlackHorseTurbo Is a GOD !BlackHorseTurbo Is a GOD !BlackHorseTurbo Is a GOD !
Looking forward to hearing your reviews. Happy for you.

Old 06-22-2010, 08:12 PM
TXGold Is a GOD !TXGold Is a GOD !TXGold Is a GOD !TXGold Is a GOD !TXGold Is a GOD !TXGold Is a GOD !TXGold Is a GOD !TXGold Is a GOD !TXGold Is a GOD !TXGold Is a GOD !TXGold Is a GOD !
Originally Posted by Divexxtreme

Drove the car home today (230 miles) and was running 1.1 BAR on 93 octane while still breaking her in. So far, she's running flawless and feels very strong. Can't wait to finish break-in.
Go get 'em, bud!!! Get back up there

Old 06-23-2010, 08:48 AM
str8blst Is a GOD !str8blst Is a GOD !str8blst Is a GOD !str8blst Is a GOD !str8blst Is a GOD !str8blst Is a GOD !str8blst Is a GOD !str8blst Is a GOD !str8blst Is a GOD !str8blst Is a GOD !str8blst Is a GOD !
Nice Scott! Happy to hear the work is done.... now time to enjoy your NEW baby!

Old 06-23-2010, 10:34 AM
Basic Sponsor
PrecisionPorsch Is a GOD !PrecisionPorsch Is a GOD !PrecisionPorsch Is a GOD !PrecisionPorsch Is a GOD !PrecisionPorsch Is a GOD !PrecisionPorsch Is a GOD !PrecisionPorsch Is a GOD !PrecisionPorsch Is a GOD !PrecisionPorsch Is a GOD !PrecisionPorsch Is a GOD !PrecisionPorsch Is a GOD !
Congrats scott! Glad to hear you are 100% better and you got your baby back!

Edwin

Old 06-24-2010, 12:08 AM
OhioGT2 Is a GOD !OhioGT2 Is a GOD !OhioGT2 Is a GOD !OhioGT2 Is a GOD !OhioGT2 Is a GOD !OhioGT2 Is a GOD !OhioGT2 Is a GOD !OhioGT2 Is a GOD !OhioGT2 Is a GOD !OhioGT2 Is a GOD !OhioGT2 Is a GOD !
Originally Posted by Divexxtreme

Good to hear Scott! But what is this 'break-in' you're talking about? Rings are all original, right? I had 34 miles on my GTR and we made 800 and in about 15 min on my Supra motor and we made over 1400. Same with my Z06 - made over 850 on its 4th pull. Quickly seat the rings and you're good to go!!! Break-in is a myth for today's motors....

Old 06-24-2010, 01:41 AM
Powell Is a GOD !Powell Is a GOD !Powell Is a GOD !Powell Is a GOD !Powell Is a GOD !Powell Is a GOD !Powell Is a GOD !Powell Is a GOD !Powell Is a GOD !Powell Is a GOD !Powell Is a GOD !
Originally Posted by OhioGT2
Good to hear Scott! But what is this 'break-in' you're talking about? Rings are all original, right? I had 34 miles on my GTR and we made 800 and in about 15 min on my Supra motor and we made over 1400. Same with my Z06 - made over 850 on its 4th pull. Quickly seat the rings and you're good to go!!! Break-in is a myth for today's motors....
Jamie,
Justin said when I do build my motor we are just pushing it from the shop into the dyno room and fire it up and start doing instant pulls! We don't like waiting for horsepower at Boost Logic and Tuning Concepts! I know Justin will eventually read this or he won't and I'll get away with saying it! LOL!!!

Old 06-24-2010, 08:51 AM
Former Vendor
Neil Switzer Is a GOD !Neil Switzer Is a GOD !Neil Switzer Is a GOD !Neil Switzer Is a GOD !Neil Switzer Is a GOD !Neil Switzer Is a GOD !Neil Switzer Is a GOD !Neil Switzer Is a GOD !Neil Switzer Is a GOD !Neil Switzer Is a GOD !Neil Switzer Is a GOD !
Well typically by the time you get all of your base tuning done on the dyno for a new engine, say a/f's and base timing etc, the rings are seated.

Of course this depends on the ring design/alloy, cylinder wall material and the hone pattern.

"Let's turn up the juice and see what shakes loose!"

Old 06-24-2010, 09:13 AM
Divexxtreme Is a GOD !Divexxtreme Is a GOD !Divexxtreme Is a GOD !Divexxtreme Is a GOD !Divexxtreme Is a GOD !Divexxtreme Is a GOD !Divexxtreme Is a GOD !Divexxtreme Is a GOD !Divexxtreme Is a GOD !Divexxtreme Is a GOD !Divexxtreme Is a GOD !
Feel free to break your own cars in like that.

Old 06-24-2010, 09:22 AM
Former Vendor
Neil Switzer Is a GOD !Neil Switzer Is a GOD !Neil Switzer Is a GOD !Neil Switzer Is a GOD !Neil Switzer Is a GOD !Neil Switzer Is a GOD !Neil Switzer Is a GOD !Neil Switzer Is a GOD !Neil Switzer Is a GOD !Neil Switzer Is a GOD !Neil Switzer Is a GOD !
Better safe than sorry - these metzger engines are not cheap!

Old 06-27-2010, 02:49 PM
dr john is infamous around these parts
Mike and his team know what they are doing. I used to have my own shop and he is the only guy I will let work on my turbos. He has kept my wife's X50 and my GT2 running strong and handling great for the past four years. We run @ 50 track days a year all over the country. It is one thing to set up a car for stoplight wars or occasional drags but the track is the true test.

You will be very pleased w/ TPC.

Old 06-27-2010, 02:54 PM
iLLM3 Is a GOD !iLLM3 Is a GOD !iLLM3 Is a GOD !iLLM3 Is a GOD !iLLM3 Is a GOD !iLLM3 Is a GOD !iLLM3 Is a GOD !iLLM3 Is a GOD !iLLM3 Is a GOD !iLLM3 Is a GOD !iLLM3 Is a GOD !
Originally Posted by dr john
Mike and his team know what they are doing. I used to have my own shop and he is the only guy I will let work on my turbos. He has kept my wife's X50 and my GT2 running strong and handling great for the past four years. We run @ 50 track days a year all over the country. It is one thing to set up a car for stoplight wars or occasional drags but the track is the true test.

You will be very pleased w/ TPC.
Is this Mr. Sullivan by any chance??

BTW Scott can't wait to see what that car can do post break in mode, !!!!

Old 06-27-2010, 03:58 PM
BiteEmNBeatEm has much to be proud ofBiteEmNBeatEm has much to be proud ofBiteEmNBeatEm has much to be proud ofBiteEmNBeatEm has much to be proud ofBiteEmNBeatEm has much to be proud ofBiteEmNBeatEm has much to be proud ofBiteEmNBeatEm has much to be proud ofBiteEmNBeatEm has much to be proud ofBiteEmNBeatEm has much to be proud of
so when do we find out what 104 oct fuel does ?????

Old 06-28-2010, 06:54 AM
_Zac has a brilliant future_Zac has a brilliant future_Zac has a brilliant future_Zac has a brilliant future_Zac has a brilliant future_Zac has a brilliant future_Zac has a brilliant future_Zac has a brilliant future_Zac has a brilliant future_Zac has a brilliant future_Zac has a brilliant future
Any pictures of the factory pistons or any of the other work done?

Glad you are back to 100%!!

Old 06-28-2010, 09:44 AM
Zac,

Below are the only pics I have. A few of the motor being put back together and of my stock rods.

My stock pistons were perfect and re-used. Installed Pauter rods. The aftermarket LA Sleeve liners that I bought, Mike refused to put in the car because he said they were out of round by 4,000ths and the stock liners were flawless and of much better quality (he said the LA Sleeve liners looked like they should be installed in a Z06, not a GT2).

He replaced all the lifters with the newer, superceded ones from Porsche, one of the cam boxes that was damaged when the lifter failed, and one intake valave that got damaged a well. Other than a new gasket kit (the stock one was fine, but as you know you always have to use new gaskets during a motor build), that's all that was replaced.

On another note; I took it out for a nice long drive last night. Ran her at 1.4 BAR on 93 octane. It was a blast.

Attached Images      

Last edited by Divexxtreme; 06-28-2010 at 09:54 AM.

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: Dropping my car off at TPC Racing next week..