996 Turbo / GT2 Turbo discussion on previous model 2000-2005 Porsche 911 Twin Turbo and 911 GT2.

Final Drive/Gear Ring & Pinion on AWD

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 02-24-2010, 12:05 AM
Mad Ness has a brilliant futureMad Ness has a brilliant futureMad Ness has a brilliant futureMad Ness has a brilliant futureMad Ness has a brilliant futureMad Ness has a brilliant futureMad Ness has a brilliant futureMad Ness has a brilliant futureMad Ness has a brilliant futureMad Ness has a brilliant futureMad Ness has a brilliant future
Question Final Drive/Gear Ring & Pinion on AWD

Looking for a larger final, top speed and mpg not a priority.
For example (bottom of page): http://www.californiamotorsports.net...0GT2%20GT3.htm

Has anyone changed the final drives on a AWD (front/rear)? Only products I've found are for RWD version 996's.

I'm guessing this is because cost wise, would be similar to changing 2-3 of the gear ratios instead?

Thanks!

Old 02-24-2010, 01:58 AM
Kaizu has much to be proud ofKaizu has much to be proud ofKaizu has much to be proud ofKaizu has much to be proud ofKaizu has much to be proud ofKaizu has much to be proud ofKaizu has much to be proud ofKaizu has much to be proud ofKaizu has much to be proud ofKaizu has much to be proud of
No experience, but Techart and 9ff have long ratios available for the Turbo.

Old 02-24-2010, 04:20 PM
rdss Is a GOD !rdss Is a GOD !rdss Is a GOD !rdss Is a GOD !rdss Is a GOD !rdss Is a GOD !rdss Is a GOD !rdss Is a GOD !rdss Is a GOD !rdss Is a GOD !rdss Is a GOD !
Originally Posted by Kaizu
No experience, but Techart and 9ff have long ratios available for the Turbo.

Kaizu nice avatar,car looks realy nice.Do you more pics.I guess it's your car right.

Rolando

Old 02-25-2010, 06:42 AM
Kaizu has much to be proud ofKaizu has much to be proud ofKaizu has much to be proud ofKaizu has much to be proud ofKaizu has much to be proud ofKaizu has much to be proud ofKaizu has much to be proud ofKaizu has much to be proud ofKaizu has much to be proud ofKaizu has much to be proud of
Originally Posted by rdss
Kaizu nice avatar,car looks realy nice.Do you more pics.I guess it's your car right.

Rolando
Thanks for the comment. Your location is El Salvador...That is very far away from Northern Europe!

I tried to search for some pics:

Time attack race win 2009 in Pärnu, Estonia:

With my racing friends:

At mini-karusell on Nordschleife, Germany:

Accelerating out of turn in Alastaro, Finland:

Highway cruising:

Old 02-25-2010, 07:46 AM
rdss Is a GOD !rdss Is a GOD !rdss Is a GOD !rdss Is a GOD !rdss Is a GOD !rdss Is a GOD !rdss Is a GOD !rdss Is a GOD !rdss Is a GOD !rdss Is a GOD !rdss Is a GOD !
thanks for the pics

Kaizu thank you very much for the pics are amazing,the ones in the track i like them more.I like your car much,it's a racing Porsche but very classy,very sharp.Have you been racing in Nurburgring also? It's Nordschleife close to Nurburgring ??You lucky guy racing a very nice 996 in Europe It's your car modded ?? what she has ?

Yes El Salvador is far away from Europe but today with comunications we are lucky to know much things from all the world.

Keep on rolling

Rolando

Old 02-25-2010, 08:05 AM
Originally Posted by rdss
Kaizu thank you very much for the pics are amazing,the ones in the track i like them more.I like your car much,it's a racing Porsche but very classy,very sharp.Have you been racing in Nurburgring also? It's Nordschleife close to Nurburgring ??You lucky guy racing a very nice 996 in Europe It's your car modded ?? what she has ?

Yes El Salvador is far away from Europe but today with comunications we are lucky to know much things from all the world.

Keep on rolling

Rolando
Yep, great to chat with people around the world!

My idea is to keep the car clean but also suitable for track. Car is modded, has all the ordinary mods for track apart from proper weight saving. PM for more.

No racing on Ring, have took some lap times there though. Nordschleife is actually the name of the old track of Nürburgring, so yes that is the same place.