996 Turbo / GT2 Turbo discussion on previous model 2000-2005 Porsche 911 Twin Turbo and 911 GT2.

Anyone ever tested their headlight Washers?

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 02-25-2010, 07:21 PM
LiNks has a reputation beyond reputeLiNks has a reputation beyond reputeLiNks has a reputation beyond reputeLiNks has a reputation beyond reputeLiNks has a reputation beyond reputeLiNks has a reputation beyond reputeLiNks has a reputation beyond reputeLiNks has a reputation beyond reputeLiNks has a reputation beyond reputeLiNks has a reputation beyond reputeLiNks has a reputation beyond repute
never used mine.... im gonna light them up in the garage tomorrow night though!!

Old 02-25-2010, 08:31 PM
Hogapalooza has a reputation beyond reputeHogapalooza has a reputation beyond reputeHogapalooza has a reputation beyond reputeHogapalooza has a reputation beyond reputeHogapalooza has a reputation beyond reputeHogapalooza has a reputation beyond reputeHogapalooza has a reputation beyond reputeHogapalooza has a reputation beyond reputeHogapalooza has a reputation beyond reputeHogapalooza has a reputation beyond reputeHogapalooza has a reputation beyond repute
I'll use mine in the morning as I back out of the garage and report back. I'll take the advice and not use them at speed.

Old 02-25-2010, 10:00 PM
Talisman013 has a reputation beyond reputeTalisman013 has a reputation beyond reputeTalisman013 has a reputation beyond reputeTalisman013 has a reputation beyond reputeTalisman013 has a reputation beyond reputeTalisman013 has a reputation beyond reputeTalisman013 has a reputation beyond reputeTalisman013 has a reputation beyond reputeTalisman013 has a reputation beyond reputeTalisman013 has a reputation beyond reputeTalisman013 has a reputation beyond repute
They should be renamed to the "I really wanna get my whole car dirty sprayer thingy". I tried mine just to see whats up.... whats up is I had to get the quick detailer out and wipe down the whole front of the car.

Im sure they serve a purpose in the snow, but here in New Orleans we really dont have that issue.

Old 02-26-2010, 05:20 AM
tjj7ff is infamous around these parts
Used mine once and bing....two little silver caps airborne. Never used them again.

Old 02-26-2010, 05:52 AM
Hogapalooza has a reputation beyond reputeHogapalooza has a reputation beyond reputeHogapalooza has a reputation beyond reputeHogapalooza has a reputation beyond reputeHogapalooza has a reputation beyond reputeHogapalooza has a reputation beyond reputeHogapalooza has a reputation beyond reputeHogapalooza has a reputation beyond reputeHogapalooza has a reputation beyond reputeHogapalooza has a reputation beyond reputeHogapalooza has a reputation beyond repute
Originally Posted by Talisman013
They should be renamed to the "I really wanna get my whole car dirty sprayer thingy". I tried mine just to see whats up.... whats up is I had to get the quick detailer out and wipe down the whole front of the car.

Im sure they serve a purpose in the snow, but here in New Orleans we really dont have that issue.
I did mine this morning after backing out of the garage. Foamy spray went everywhere. What a mess. Got out walked back into the garage and got a towel to wipe off the front end and lights. I'll never use them at any speed because of the warning given in this thread. I am thinking I'll use them to pre wash my lights and front end before washing my car.

Old 02-26-2010, 06:02 AM
ShokWaveRider is a name known to allShokWaveRider is a name known to allShokWaveRider is a name known to allShokWaveRider is a name known to allShokWaveRider is a name known to allShokWaveRider is a name known to all
I think they are there so Porsche can just have another line item in the features list.

I think these rank up high in the really useless options list. I would have rather had integrated TPMS!!! Probably would have been cheaper too.

SWR

Old 02-26-2010, 07:02 AM
mcisprinter is just really nicemcisprinter is just really nicemcisprinter is just really nicemcisprinter is just really nicemcisprinter is just really nice
Exactly what happened to me at 100mph

Went to the dealer to try and get this covered under warranty... no sale.

Originally Posted by Blue Monster
I recommend never using them, if you are driving at speed with your lights on and use the windshield washer, you will likely have what happened to me and many other drivers (see Renntech/Rennlist Forum DIYs) and you'll watch those little silver caps launch over your hood.....

bottom line, never use your windshield washer with your lights on....

--BM

Old 02-26-2010, 07:54 AM
heavychevy Is a GOD !heavychevy Is a GOD !heavychevy Is a GOD !heavychevy Is a GOD !heavychevy Is a GOD !heavychevy Is a GOD !heavychevy Is a GOD !heavychevy Is a GOD !heavychevy Is a GOD !heavychevy Is a GOD !heavychevy Is a GOD !
I never knew what they were until I had to replace one of the silver caps that goes on them. Those little suckers are expensive too (like $75) for a little piece of shiny plastic. Stupid Porsche.

Originally Posted by buzzm
maybe you could reverse them so they shoot water at the car or person in front of you

i've only ever used them once and that was by accident
Funny story, a friend of mine in Chicago had just bought a shiny new Sequoia in 2003, I was riding with him downtown and this beater Jeep Cherokee cut us off, so he honks and starts riding the guys bumper, well little did he know the beater jeep had the rear wiper sprayers rigged to shoot backwards seemingly just for moments like these, and had some muddy liquid in it. So we got a windshield full of brown juice while he shot us the bird...My friend was mad for days, I laughed all the way back to the north side of town, it was one of the funniest things I've ever seen.

Originally Posted by tjj7ff
Used mine once and bing....two little silver caps airborne. Never used them again.
I used to hit them inadvertently and see water splashing and it STILL never dawned on me what they were until one cap was missing and someone told me what it was. This was over a year into ownership.

Old 02-26-2010, 09:07 AM
DERBOOST is a glorious beacon of lightDERBOOST is a glorious beacon of lightDERBOOST is a glorious beacon of lightDERBOOST is a glorious beacon of lightDERBOOST is a glorious beacon of light
aha brings back memories, in high school I had the washers on my Cuda bent to squirt to the side, pull up next to someone,window down and squirt right in the face.

Actually the washers work really well in the winter weather.

Old 02-26-2010, 12:17 PM
heavychevy Is a GOD !heavychevy Is a GOD !heavychevy Is a GOD !heavychevy Is a GOD !heavychevy Is a GOD !heavychevy Is a GOD !heavychevy Is a GOD !heavychevy Is a GOD !heavychevy Is a GOD !heavychevy Is a GOD !heavychevy Is a GOD !

In the face.......