996 Turbo / GT2 Turbo discussion on previous model 2000-2005 Porsche 911 Twin Turbo and 911 GT2.

Anyone ever tested their headlight Washers?

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 02-25-2010, 06:00 AM
ShokWaveRider is a name known to allShokWaveRider is a name known to allShokWaveRider is a name known to allShokWaveRider is a name known to allShokWaveRider is a name known to allShokWaveRider is a name known to all
Anyone ever tested their headlight Washers?

I only just noticed that I had these. No idea how they work. I do not use the Windshield Washers at all living in Florida.

Anyone know how to test them, or is it an RTFM question?

SWR

Old 02-25-2010, 06:07 AM
Hogapalooza has a reputation beyond reputeHogapalooza has a reputation beyond reputeHogapalooza has a reputation beyond reputeHogapalooza has a reputation beyond reputeHogapalooza has a reputation beyond reputeHogapalooza has a reputation beyond reputeHogapalooza has a reputation beyond reputeHogapalooza has a reputation beyond reputeHogapalooza has a reputation beyond reputeHogapalooza has a reputation beyond reputeHogapalooza has a reputation beyond repute
I'm sure it is a RTFM question but I also think it would be interesting to see who has actually used them. I haven't. It’s on the upper lever on the right hand side of the steering wheel I believe.

Old 02-25-2010, 06:09 AM
Blockhed Is a GOD !Blockhed Is a GOD !Blockhed Is a GOD !Blockhed Is a GOD !Blockhed Is a GOD !Blockhed Is a GOD !Blockhed Is a GOD !Blockhed Is a GOD !Blockhed Is a GOD !Blockhed Is a GOD !Blockhed Is a GOD !
I used it by accident all itt does it spray all over the place...

Old 02-25-2010, 06:26 AM
ShokWaveRider is a name known to allShokWaveRider is a name known to allShokWaveRider is a name known to allShokWaveRider is a name known to allShokWaveRider is a name known to allShokWaveRider is a name known to all
Originally Posted by Hogapalooza
I'm sure it is a RTFM question but I also think it would be interesting to see who has actually used them. I haven't. It’s on the upper lever on the right hand side of the steering wheel I believe.
Yeah it is, sometimes it is just easier to ask.

I just looked it must be the Headlight symbol with the washer in it. Duh! Shows just how useful they must be. My lights never get that dirty. I think spraying them with a 70% meth solution may not do them much good anyway, and it is a waste of good meth.

SWR

Old 02-25-2010, 07:54 AM
MY996TT Is a GOD !MY996TT Is a GOD !MY996TT Is a GOD !MY996TT Is a GOD !MY996TT Is a GOD !MY996TT Is a GOD !MY996TT Is a GOD !MY996TT Is a GOD !MY996TT Is a GOD !MY996TT Is a GOD !MY996TT Is a GOD !
I would rather stop the car and clean the headlight than cleaning the whole car after using the spray.

Old 02-25-2010, 09:02 AM
teflon_jones Is a GOD !teflon_jones Is a GOD !teflon_jones Is a GOD !teflon_jones Is a GOD !teflon_jones Is a GOD !teflon_jones Is a GOD !teflon_jones Is a GOD !teflon_jones Is a GOD !teflon_jones Is a GOD !teflon_jones Is a GOD !teflon_jones Is a GOD !
The one thing I've found them useful for is if someone is tailgating you. A whole lot of water sprays back over the car onto the car behind you!

Old 02-25-2010, 10:57 AM
buzzm Is a GOD !buzzm Is a GOD !buzzm Is a GOD !buzzm Is a GOD !buzzm Is a GOD !buzzm Is a GOD !buzzm Is a GOD !buzzm Is a GOD !buzzm Is a GOD !buzzm Is a GOD !buzzm Is a GOD !
maybe you could reverse them so they shoot water at the car or person in front of you

i've only ever used them once and that was by accident

Old 02-25-2010, 11:07 AM
XLR82XS Is a GOD !XLR82XS Is a GOD !XLR82XS Is a GOD !XLR82XS Is a GOD !XLR82XS Is a GOD !XLR82XS Is a GOD !XLR82XS Is a GOD !XLR82XS Is a GOD !XLR82XS Is a GOD !XLR82XS Is a GOD !XLR82XS Is a GOD !
Originally Posted by buzzm
maybe you could reverse them so they shoot water at the car or person in front of you

i've only ever used them once and that was by accident
I used mine once to when the car was already dirty to verify they worked. They work well on road trips.

Good idea to reverse them. This way , at the dream cruise, when some 1974 whatever revs the **** outta his motor in front of you and gets carbon all over your $570637. custom carbon-fiber front bumper you can spray unhappiness all over him.

Old 02-25-2010, 11:14 AM
landjet Is a GOD !landjet Is a GOD !landjet Is a GOD !landjet Is a GOD !landjet Is a GOD !landjet Is a GOD !landjet Is a GOD !landjet Is a GOD !landjet Is a GOD !landjet Is a GOD !landjet Is a GOD !
Never tried them and don't plan to.

Old 02-25-2010, 11:45 AM
Kaizu has much to be proud ofKaizu has much to be proud ofKaizu has much to be proud ofKaizu has much to be proud ofKaizu has much to be proud ofKaizu has much to be proud ofKaizu has much to be proud ofKaizu has much to be proud ofKaizu has much to be proud ofKaizu has much to be proud of
What the heck you guys! Would not have believed this kind of thread...You guys are lucky!

In EU, with Xenon-lights headlight washers are always mandatory in every car.

They are very needed equipment routinely used in bad and dark winter weather with snow and salt and everthing flying!

With 996 the washers do not even look bad at all! This is a pic of me driving from over 5 years ago with a Carrera, good winter car as well.

Old 02-25-2010, 11:51 AM
TurboTodd has a reputation beyond reputeTurboTodd has a reputation beyond reputeTurboTodd has a reputation beyond reputeTurboTodd has a reputation beyond reputeTurboTodd has a reputation beyond reputeTurboTodd has a reputation beyond reputeTurboTodd has a reputation beyond reputeTurboTodd has a reputation beyond reputeTurboTodd has a reputation beyond reputeTurboTodd has a reputation beyond reputeTurboTodd has a reputation beyond repute
Thinking that the CPO warranty was about to run out I thought I would test both the wipers and washers as I never use them.

I read the manual

Old 02-25-2010, 11:51 AM
g8rdmd is a splendid one to beholdg8rdmd is a splendid one to beholdg8rdmd is a splendid one to beholdg8rdmd is a splendid one to beholdg8rdmd is a splendid one to beholdg8rdmd is a splendid one to beholdg8rdmd is a splendid one to behold
Originally Posted by Kaizu
What the heck you guys! Would not have believed this kind of thread...You guys are lucky!

In EU, with Xenon-lights headlight washers are always mandatory in every car.

They are very needed equipment routinely used in bad and dark winter weather with snow and salt and everthing flying!

With 996 the washers do not even look bad at all! This is a pic of me driving from over 5 years ago with a Carrera, good winter car as well.

Old 02-25-2010, 03:41 PM
tscales is a splendid one to beholdtscales is a splendid one to beholdtscales is a splendid one to beholdtscales is a splendid one to beholdtscales is a splendid one to beholdtscales is a splendid one to behold
That picture looks like what mine would be. I use them all the time here in Iowa.

Old 02-25-2010, 04:33 PM
Blue Monster is a jewel in the roughBlue Monster is a jewel in the roughBlue Monster is a jewel in the rough
Originally Posted by ShokWaveRider
I only just noticed that I had these. No idea how they work. I do not use the Windshield Washers at all living in Florida.

Anyone know how to test them, or is it an RTFM question?

SWR
I recommend never using them, if you are driving at speed with your lights on and use the windshield washer, you will likely have what happened to me and many other drivers (see Renntech/Rennlist Forum DIYs) and you'll watch those little silver caps launch over your hood.....

bottom line, never use your windshield washer with your lights on....

--BM

Old 02-25-2010, 04:49 PM
TTurbRon is a jewel in the roughTTurbRon is a jewel in the roughTTurbRon is a jewel in the roughTTurbRon is a jewel in the rough
They only work when the headlights are on. I've used mine a few times with all the left over salt and crap from all the snow we got here. And I actually had one of mine fly off on the highway. Just push your windshield washer lever forward instead of back and wallah!

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: Anyone ever tested their headlight Washers?