996 Turbo / GT2 Turbo discussion on previous model 2000-2005 Porsche 911 Twin Turbo and 911 GT2.

Carbonetic LSD: Whoaa bite is spectacular

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 02-25-2010, 10:20 PM
MrWhite has a reputation beyond reputeMrWhite has a reputation beyond reputeMrWhite has a reputation beyond reputeMrWhite has a reputation beyond reputeMrWhite has a reputation beyond reputeMrWhite has a reputation beyond reputeMrWhite has a reputation beyond reputeMrWhite has a reputation beyond reputeMrWhite has a reputation beyond reputeMrWhite has a reputation beyond reputeMrWhite has a reputation beyond repute
Carbonetic LSD: Whoaa bite is spectacular

Had this Carbonetic LSD pumpkin installed today by Porsche raceshop Tech Trix Motorsports. They also took care of the first tedious 25 minutes of figure 8 driving/break-in plus the first immediate oil change on that, so the car was ready to go when I picked it up. First impression: Spectacular traction. After appr 25 minutes of driving, it got noticable mellower as well on sharp lowspeed turns (can I say noticable when I'm starting to NOT notice it on sharp lowspeed turns? ), really cool. More impressions to come after vehicle shakedown on track this weekend.

Old 02-26-2010, 07:15 AM
007-911 has much to be proud of007-911 has much to be proud of007-911 has much to be proud of007-911 has much to be proud of007-911 has much to be proud of007-911 has much to be proud of007-911 has much to be proud of007-911 has much to be proud of007-911 has much to be proud of
Sounds awesome, what was the cost? Also would it fit at tip?

Old 02-26-2010, 07:17 AM
BlackHorseTurbo Is a GOD !BlackHorseTurbo Is a GOD !BlackHorseTurbo Is a GOD !BlackHorseTurbo Is a GOD !BlackHorseTurbo Is a GOD !BlackHorseTurbo Is a GOD !BlackHorseTurbo Is a GOD !BlackHorseTurbo Is a GOD !BlackHorseTurbo Is a GOD !BlackHorseTurbo Is a GOD !BlackHorseTurbo Is a GOD !
Originally Posted by 007-911
Sounds awesome, what was the cost? Also would it fit at tip?

AS far as I know, the 6 speed LSD will not fit a tip. I've done some research.

Old 02-26-2010, 07:47 AM
MrWhite has a reputation beyond reputeMrWhite has a reputation beyond reputeMrWhite has a reputation beyond reputeMrWhite has a reputation beyond reputeMrWhite has a reputation beyond reputeMrWhite has a reputation beyond reputeMrWhite has a reputation beyond reputeMrWhite has a reputation beyond reputeMrWhite has a reputation beyond reputeMrWhite has a reputation beyond reputeMrWhite has a reputation beyond repute
If it fits is all depending on the differential and maybe the tip has a completely different one, call Carbonetic and ask.

007-911 I have sent you a PM.

Old 02-26-2010, 07:58 AM
heavychevy Is a GOD !heavychevy Is a GOD !heavychevy Is a GOD !heavychevy Is a GOD !heavychevy Is a GOD !heavychevy Is a GOD !heavychevy Is a GOD !heavychevy Is a GOD !heavychevy Is a GOD !heavychevy Is a GOD !heavychevy Is a GOD !
Send me a PM with the cost too please. Would like to know if there is any understeer induced by one of these, but of course I think you've went RWD since you last were on track, but still would like to hear anyways.

Is this a clutch or geared LSD?

Old 02-26-2010, 11:05 AM
Former Vendor
Erik@GBox is a jewel in the roughErik@GBox is a jewel in the roughErik@GBox is a jewel in the roughErik@GBox is a jewel in the rough
It will not fit the tip, completely different differential unfortunately.

Old 02-26-2010, 11:58 AM
landjet Is a GOD !landjet Is a GOD !landjet Is a GOD !landjet Is a GOD !landjet Is a GOD !landjet Is a GOD !landjet Is a GOD !landjet Is a GOD !landjet Is a GOD !landjet Is a GOD !landjet Is a GOD !
MrWhite, please PM me also with cost and labor price breakdown. Thanks. I'll be interested to hear your after track session report.

Old 02-26-2010, 02:26 PM
robertp has much to be proud ofrobertp has much to be proud ofrobertp has much to be proud ofrobertp has much to be proud ofrobertp has much to be proud ofrobertp has much to be proud ofrobertp has much to be proud ofrobertp has much to be proud of
G lsd.

Old 02-26-2010, 03:33 PM
Steve Theodore Is a GOD !Steve Theodore Is a GOD !Steve Theodore Is a GOD !Steve Theodore Is a GOD !Steve Theodore Is a GOD !Steve Theodore Is a GOD !Steve Theodore Is a GOD !Steve Theodore Is a GOD !Steve Theodore Is a GOD !Steve Theodore Is a GOD !Steve Theodore Is a GOD !
Very cool, I look forward to your continued feedback. Enjoy your new mod!

Old 02-26-2010, 10:13 PM
Traction on track with this diff turned out to be absolutely fantastic, sick. I ran at Streets of Willow today, clockwise config, best lap 1.21,8 (offical Redline Time Attack timing).

This was done without ABS which means brakes balance sucked, too much front brake bias in the system. Given it was done on Hankook Ventus street tires (not R-comp), I'd say I'm sticking to this LSD. (big understatement)

Sidenote: The brakes boiled b/c I ran oem pads and 1 year old fluid (yeah yeah I know I just did not have time between various upgrades and business trip) and the part of PSM that does not shut off with the button was constantly working and ended up doing the famous Nurburgring lockup, happened in a good spot so no drama though. I let brakes cool down then pulled the fuses for PSM and had no brake issues after that (except no ABS, almost only front brakes, and generally just poor oem pad brake-performance).

Right now time to be good company for my woman, PM's and price questions to be responded tmrw or Sunday!

Old 02-27-2010, 05:49 AM
Mikelly Is a GOD !Mikelly Is a GOD !Mikelly Is a GOD !Mikelly Is a GOD !Mikelly Is a GOD !Mikelly Is a GOD !Mikelly Is a GOD !Mikelly Is a GOD !Mikelly Is a GOD !Mikelly Is a GOD !Mikelly Is a GOD !
I wanted to got his route and mentioned the info to my indy (thanks to Mr. White for this info about 6 months ago!!) but the indy had zero experience with the carbonetic stuff and sold me on the guards ONLY because he wasn't comfy with the setup of the carbonetics unit.

The guards works, but based on what I read about the carbonetics, I shoulda forced the issue... That unit is NIIIIIIIIIIIIICE!!!!

Mike

Old 02-27-2010, 11:04 AM
Former Vendor
GTgears has a reputation beyond reputeGTgears has a reputation beyond reputeGTgears has a reputation beyond reputeGTgears has a reputation beyond reputeGTgears has a reputation beyond reputeGTgears has a reputation beyond reputeGTgears has a reputation beyond reputeGTgears has a reputation beyond reputeGTgears has a reputation beyond reputeGTgears has a reputation beyond reputeGTgears has a reputation beyond repute
Originally Posted by Mikelly
I wanted to got his route and mentioned the info to my indy (thanks to Mr. White for this info about 6 months ago!!) but the indy had zero experience with the carbonetic stuff and sold me on the guards ONLY because he wasn't comfy with the setup of the carbonetics unit.

The guards works, but based on what I read about the carbonetics, I shoulda forced the issue... That unit is NIIIIIIIIIIIIICE!!!!

Mike
Really? What's wrong with the differential you've got in your car?

If you aren't satisfied with it sent it back. Yes, I am serious. Pull it out of there and ship it to me with a copy of the invoice and I'll write you a check for the full retail price you paid for the product. You'll have to write off the labor charges for the install, but I will give you 100% of your money back for our product. If you really truly are convinced that the Carbonetic is a better product I'll take mine back and you can get the other one.

Regards,

Matt Monson
Guard Transmission LLC
303-530-1094

Old 02-27-2010, 11:06 AM
Former Vendor
GTgears has a reputation beyond reputeGTgears has a reputation beyond reputeGTgears has a reputation beyond reputeGTgears has a reputation beyond reputeGTgears has a reputation beyond reputeGTgears has a reputation beyond reputeGTgears has a reputation beyond reputeGTgears has a reputation beyond reputeGTgears has a reputation beyond reputeGTgears has a reputation beyond reputeGTgears has a reputation beyond repute
Originally Posted by VividRacingTX
AS far as I know, the 6 speed LSD will not fit a tip. I've done some research.
We came to the conclusion that there were too many space constraints on the Tip to make a true plate style LSD. However a torque biasing version for that gear box is currently in the works. I am about 60 days out from reciept of the first shipment of them.

Old 02-27-2010, 11:17 AM
BlackHorseTurbo Is a GOD !BlackHorseTurbo Is a GOD !BlackHorseTurbo Is a GOD !BlackHorseTurbo Is a GOD !BlackHorseTurbo Is a GOD !BlackHorseTurbo Is a GOD !BlackHorseTurbo Is a GOD !BlackHorseTurbo Is a GOD !BlackHorseTurbo Is a GOD !BlackHorseTurbo Is a GOD !BlackHorseTurbo Is a GOD !
Originally Posted by GTgears
We came to the conclusion that there were too many space constraints on the Tip to make a true plate style LSD. However a torque biasing version for that gear box is currently in the works. I am about 60 days out from reciept of the first shipment of them.
Great, look forward to hearing about the new product. I will prolly be first in line.

Old 02-27-2010, 11:19 AM
Former Vendor
Originally Posted by VividRacingTX
Great, look forward to hearing about the new product. I will prolly be first in line.
Let me know if you want me to hold one for you. I'm willing to take pre-orders from dealers. If there's any not spoken for by dealers when they get here, I'll sell the rest to the retail market.

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: Carbonetic LSD: Whoaa bite is spectacular