996 Turbo / GT2 Turbo discussion on previous model 2000-2005 Porsche 911 Twin Turbo and 911 GT2.

996TT Steering Wheel Options?

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 03-03-2010, 04:45 PM
Janker is just really niceJanker is just really niceJanker is just really niceJanker is just really nice
996TT Steering Wheel Options?

What are the options for a nicer wheel? - Dont want to go crazy on the expense, just want something a bit more chunky..

Can you recover a stock wheel with additional padding?

Thanks

Jim

Old 03-03-2010, 05:01 PM
teflon_jones Is a GOD !teflon_jones Is a GOD !teflon_jones Is a GOD !teflon_jones Is a GOD !teflon_jones Is a GOD !teflon_jones Is a GOD !teflon_jones Is a GOD !teflon_jones Is a GOD !teflon_jones Is a GOD !teflon_jones Is a GOD !teflon_jones Is a GOD !
I have the Sport wheel in mine. It's a little smaller and thicker. Sounds like what you're looking for.

Old 03-03-2010, 05:05 PM
ant_8u Is a GOD !ant_8u Is a GOD !ant_8u Is a GOD !ant_8u Is a GOD !ant_8u Is a GOD !ant_8u Is a GOD !ant_8u Is a GOD !ant_8u Is a GOD !ant_8u Is a GOD !ant_8u Is a GOD !ant_8u Is a GOD !
Alcantara???

Did you pick the car up today Jim?

Old 03-03-2010, 05:27 PM
$manager Is a GOD !$manager Is a GOD !$manager Is a GOD !$manager Is a GOD !$manager Is a GOD !$manager Is a GOD !$manager Is a GOD !$manager Is a GOD !$manager Is a GOD !$manager Is a GOD !$manager Is a GOD !
What was it, "Dallas Steering wheel" or something like that. There was a thread here a while back. I believe it was $495 for them to thicken it and wrap it in alcantara, your choice of stitch color. If memory serves me, people who used them were all real happy and the pics looked....awesome. Maybe look them up.
Good luck with it,
Tom.

Old 03-03-2010, 06:27 PM
Basic Sponsor
PrecisionPorsch Is a GOD !PrecisionPorsch Is a GOD !PrecisionPorsch Is a GOD !PrecisionPorsch Is a GOD !PrecisionPorsch Is a GOD !PrecisionPorsch Is a GOD !PrecisionPorsch Is a GOD !PrecisionPorsch Is a GOD !PrecisionPorsch Is a GOD !PrecisionPorsch Is a GOD !PrecisionPorsch Is a GOD !
Originally Posted by $manager
What was it, "Dallas Steering wheel" or something like that. There was a thread here a while back. I believe it was $495 for them to thicken it and wrap it in alcantara, your choice of stitch color. If memory serves me, people who used them were all real happy and the pics looked....awesome. Maybe look them up.
Good luck with it,
Tom.
Tom,

You got it (http://www.dallassteeringwheel.com/). Prices are pretty reasonable. There's a sponsor here too (DCT Motorsports) that can do wonders on your stock wheel. A little more expensive but seems like they do great work

https://www.6speedonline.com/forums/...archid=4939409

Edwin

Old 03-03-2010, 07:39 PM
fdorn has much to be proud offdorn has much to be proud offdorn has much to be proud offdorn has much to be proud offdorn has much to be proud offdorn has much to be proud offdorn has much to be proud offdorn has much to be proud offdorn has much to be proud of
I have a RUF which is made by RAID/Atiwe. It is 360mm compared to 365 stock.

I think FVD are also Atwie - but they have tons of them 360-340mm
http://www.fvd.de/us/en/Porsche-0/99...ringWheel.html

Originally Posted by Janker
What are the options for a nicer wheel? - Dont want to go crazy on the expense, just want something a bit more chunky..

Can you recover a stock wheel with additional padding?

Thanks

Jim

Old 03-03-2010, 08:47 PM
landjet Is a GOD !landjet Is a GOD !landjet Is a GOD !landjet Is a GOD !landjet Is a GOD !landjet Is a GOD !landjet Is a GOD !landjet Is a GOD !landjet Is a GOD !landjet Is a GOD !landjet Is a GOD !
Dallas Steering Wheel is first class and reasonable. I love mine.

Old 03-03-2010, 08:48 PM
Mpsuk is infamous around these parts
I took a drive in a techart car before i bought mine and the wheel in that was thicker and smaller than a standard one, felt much nicer. I think the porsche shop near bham sells the raid ones but their around £900+

Old 03-03-2010, 09:09 PM
PAULUNM is a name known to allPAULUNM is a name known to allPAULUNM is a name known to allPAULUNM is a name known to allPAULUNM is a name known to allPAULUNM is a name known to all
Originally Posted by landjet
Dallas Steering Wheel is first class and reasonable. I love mine.
Do you have any pics?

Old 03-04-2010, 02:03 AM
Szpet has much to be proud ofSzpet has much to be proud ofSzpet has much to be proud ofSzpet has much to be proud ofSzpet has much to be proud ofSzpet has much to be proud ofSzpet has much to be proud ofSzpet has much to be proud ofSzpet has much to be proud ofSzpet has much to be proud of
I have a Techart, it´s really thick and nice but I would prefer one with a Porschelogo.

Old 03-04-2010, 06:47 AM
Basic Sponsor
PrecisionPorsch Is a GOD !PrecisionPorsch Is a GOD !PrecisionPorsch Is a GOD !PrecisionPorsch Is a GOD !PrecisionPorsch Is a GOD !PrecisionPorsch Is a GOD !PrecisionPorsch Is a GOD !PrecisionPorsch Is a GOD !PrecisionPorsch Is a GOD !PrecisionPorsch Is a GOD !PrecisionPorsch Is a GOD !
Here's my RAID steering wheel. I love it... so much better than OEM and like most said, smaller and thicker

Edwin

Old 03-04-2010, 07:01 AM
landjet Is a GOD !landjet Is a GOD !landjet Is a GOD !landjet Is a GOD !landjet Is a GOD !landjet Is a GOD !landjet Is a GOD !landjet Is a GOD !landjet Is a GOD !landjet Is a GOD !landjet Is a GOD !
Here are some pics. First class service for around $475. You pick the color, stitching color, I had it made thicker, and I put the band at the top. I highly recommend Dallas Steering Wheel..

steering wheel recover photos.zip

Last edited by landjet; 03-04-2010 at 07:05 AM.
Old 03-04-2010, 08:12 AM
BlueFVD-575 is a splendid one to beholdBlueFVD-575 is a splendid one to beholdBlueFVD-575 is a splendid one to beholdBlueFVD-575 is a splendid one to beholdBlueFVD-575 is a splendid one to beholdBlueFVD-575 is a splendid one to beholdBlueFVD-575 is a splendid one to beholdBlueFVD-575 is a splendid one to behold
Im using a company called AglaUSA to recover my wheel in alcantara...he send out a loaner wheel sans airbag...cost around 500 bucks...will let u know how it comes out

Old 03-04-2010, 08:15 AM
OS Inspector Is a GOD !OS Inspector Is a GOD !OS Inspector Is a GOD !OS Inspector Is a GOD !OS Inspector Is a GOD !OS Inspector Is a GOD !OS Inspector Is a GOD !OS Inspector Is a GOD !OS Inspector Is a GOD !OS Inspector Is a GOD !OS Inspector Is a GOD !
Originally Posted by landjet
Here are some pics. First class service for around $475. You pick the color, stitching color, I had it made thicker, and I put the band at the top. I highly recommend Dallas Steering Wheel..

Attachment 117644
how long have you had the wheel in alacantra?

im curious as how it wears over time with oils form your hands n such, can you take any current photos ?

Old 03-04-2010, 08:26 AM
I wear gloves whenever I drive my car now because I had the same concerns as you. My wheel still looks new and it's about 6 months old. Otherwise I have heard it does pickup dirt and skin oil. Cleaning instructions for Alcantara say to wash it with soap and water.

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: 996TT Steering Wheel Options?