996 Turbo / GT2 Turbo discussion on previous model 2000-2005 Porsche 911 Twin Turbo and 911 GT2.

Are Kinesis wheels too old school for the 996?

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 03-04-2010, 08:42 AM
PAULUNM is a name known to allPAULUNM is a name known to allPAULUNM is a name known to allPAULUNM is a name known to allPAULUNM is a name known to allPAULUNM is a name known to all
Are Kinesis wheels too old school for the 996?

Talking about the old style, forged 18s.

Something like champion would look a bit more modern, but these kinesis wheels are appealing to me...

Pic for reference...

http://www.castenholz.com/mmixxi/mm6.jpg

Old 03-04-2010, 09:03 AM
D_Nyholm has a brilliant futureD_Nyholm has a brilliant futureD_Nyholm has a brilliant futureD_Nyholm has a brilliant futureD_Nyholm has a brilliant futureD_Nyholm has a brilliant futureD_Nyholm has a brilliant futureD_Nyholm has a brilliant futureD_Nyholm has a brilliant futureD_Nyholm has a brilliant futureD_Nyholm has a brilliant future
Not my cup of tea. They do look a little dirty to me. Maybe a brighter silver or a better picture would make them look better.

Old 03-04-2010, 09:06 AM
teflon_jones Is a GOD !teflon_jones Is a GOD !teflon_jones Is a GOD !teflon_jones Is a GOD !teflon_jones Is a GOD !teflon_jones Is a GOD !teflon_jones Is a GOD !teflon_jones Is a GOD !teflon_jones Is a GOD !teflon_jones Is a GOD !teflon_jones Is a GOD !
Originally Posted by PAULUNM
Talking about the old style, forged 18s.

Something like champion would look a bit more modern, but these kinesis wheels are appealing to me...

Pic for reference...

http://www.castenholz.com/mmixxi/mm6.jpg
I think they still look good!

Originally Posted by D_Nyholm
Not my cup of tea. They do look a little dirty to me. Maybe a brighter silver or a better picture would make them look better.
They're not dirty, they're powder coated gunmetal silver or some similar color. You can see the lip is shiny. On a black car I agree they just look dirty. I'd go with black or brushed/polished silver unless the car was gray.

Old 03-04-2010, 09:07 AM
awdbiturbo1 has a brilliant futureawdbiturbo1 has a brilliant futureawdbiturbo1 has a brilliant futureawdbiturbo1 has a brilliant futureawdbiturbo1 has a brilliant futureawdbiturbo1 has a brilliant futureawdbiturbo1 has a brilliant futureawdbiturbo1 has a brilliant futureawdbiturbo1 has a brilliant futureawdbiturbo1 has a brilliant futureawdbiturbo1 has a brilliant future
Kinesis as a brand is great, however that style wheel looks a bit dated to say the least. I say skip.

Old 03-04-2010, 09:07 AM
PAULUNM is a name known to allPAULUNM is a name known to allPAULUNM is a name known to allPAULUNM is a name known to allPAULUNM is a name known to allPAULUNM is a name known to all
Old 03-04-2010, 09:15 AM
D_Nyholm has a brilliant futureD_Nyholm has a brilliant futureD_Nyholm has a brilliant futureD_Nyholm has a brilliant futureD_Nyholm has a brilliant futureD_Nyholm has a brilliant futureD_Nyholm has a brilliant futureD_Nyholm has a brilliant futureD_Nyholm has a brilliant futureD_Nyholm has a brilliant futureD_Nyholm has a brilliant future
Ahh, much better!!! I would say go for it if the price is right, but I wouldn't pick them over a Champion RG5!! Or a RG5b if you like the 3 peice look.

Old 03-04-2010, 09:19 AM
Basic Sponsor
PrecisionPorsch Is a GOD !PrecisionPorsch Is a GOD !PrecisionPorsch Is a GOD !PrecisionPorsch Is a GOD !PrecisionPorsch Is a GOD !PrecisionPorsch Is a GOD !PrecisionPorsch Is a GOD !PrecisionPorsch Is a GOD !PrecisionPorsch Is a GOD !PrecisionPorsch Is a GOD !PrecisionPorsch Is a GOD !
Paul, the wheels in the first post and this one are different wheels. You can see that the outer spokes on the first wheel breaks and flares into two where the rivets are. With that said, I like the second one more... the first one does look a little "flowery" to me... reminds me of something that should be on a VW bug

Edwin

Old 03-04-2010, 09:31 AM
Originally Posted by PrecisionPorsch
Paul, the wheels in the first post and this one are different wheels. You can see that the outer spokes on the first wheel breaks and flares into two where the rivets are. With that said, I like the second one more... the first one does look a little "flowery" to me... reminds me of something that should be on a VW bug

Edwin
I know, I'm just looking for similar pics on a 996...

The wheels I'm considering are in my 2nd post-

http://www.d2autosport.com/D2_2006/0...K18R_34_LG.jpg

Old 03-04-2010, 09:44 AM
Basic Sponsor
PrecisionPorsch Is a GOD !PrecisionPorsch Is a GOD !PrecisionPorsch Is a GOD !PrecisionPorsch Is a GOD !PrecisionPorsch Is a GOD !PrecisionPorsch Is a GOD !PrecisionPorsch Is a GOD !PrecisionPorsch Is a GOD !PrecisionPorsch Is a GOD !PrecisionPorsch Is a GOD !PrecisionPorsch Is a GOD !
I know, I'm just looking for similar pics on a 996...

The wheels I'm considering are in my 2nd post-

http://www.d2autosport.com/D2_2006/0...K18R_34_LG.jpg
Oh gotcha I think it will look sweet!

Old 03-04-2010, 09:48 AM
Originally Posted by PrecisionPorsch
Oh gotcha I think it will look sweet!

WOW, that looks REALLY good. They look like 19s?

Old 03-04-2010, 10:16 AM
Basic Sponsor
WOW, that looks REALLY good. They look like 19s?
Paul,

Yep, those appear to be 19s

Edwin

Old 03-04-2010, 10:18 AM
Basic Sponsor
Here's how 18" Kinesis wheels look

https://www.6speedonline.com/forums/...-gt2-spec.html

Edwin

Old 03-04-2010, 10:45 AM
robertp has much to be proud ofrobertp has much to be proud ofrobertp has much to be proud ofrobertp has much to be proud ofrobertp has much to be proud ofrobertp has much to be proud ofrobertp has much to be proud ofrobertp has much to be proud of
I like the shot next to the grape farm with the drip watering system. I have a 50 acre grape farm in Centeral California but have never ever driven the Porsche to to it. Where was that picture taken. The vine growth looks like the picture was taken in April/May or post harvest Sept/Oct

Old 03-04-2010, 11:18 AM
Frissen has much to be proud ofFrissen has much to be proud ofFrissen has much to be proud ofFrissen has much to be proud ofFrissen has much to be proud ofFrissen has much to be proud ofFrissen has much to be proud ofFrissen has much to be proud of
I came to the same dilemma, my first choice was:

BBS LM's

talk old school and tremendous looks...

but settled on a set of:

HRE 560R

will see...

Old 03-04-2010, 11:30 AM
fuhrius is infamous around these parts
I dig kinesis wheels

I have k58's (5-spoke) on my car, black centers with polished lips...they look very fuchs-style to me...so, yes, a bit old school...I think that's good though.

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: Are Kinesis wheels too old school for the 996?