996 Turbo / GT2 Turbo discussion on previous model 2000-2005 Porsche 911 Twin Turbo and 911 GT2.

30 hours, 2000 miles and 6 rolls of blue tape...

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 03-08-2010, 02:55 PM
XwalkerX has much to be proud ofXwalkerX has much to be proud ofXwalkerX has much to be proud ofXwalkerX has much to be proud ofXwalkerX has much to be proud ofXwalkerX has much to be proud ofXwalkerX has much to be proud ofXwalkerX has much to be proud of
30 hours, 2000 miles and 6 rolls of blue tape...

well after selling my s4 in october i thought i should pick up something for a replacement. after months of research and trying to decide what i should get i pulled the trigger on a 996. the plan was for erik and myself to fly out to utah on wed, pick up teh car and start our journey home.

well the flight out of buffalo was delayed 20 min then we ended up circling jfk airport for about an hr cause apparently they are down to 1 runway currently. well we missed our connecting flight to SLC by 10 min. the next flight we could catch was 10 hrs later so we were stranded for the night until 640 am the next morning. i was able to get about an hr of sleep on a luggage cart then a few more on the plane ride to SLC.

we ended up getting into utah thurs around 1030 then met up with the seller who was really the nicest guy ive met in awhile. picked erik and myself up from the airport and had a gift basket ready for us filled with redbull, painters tape, and food for our trip.

after taping it all up we started on our journey through 9 states...

Old 03-08-2010, 02:56 PM
XwalkerX has much to be proud ofXwalkerX has much to be proud ofXwalkerX has much to be proud ofXwalkerX has much to be proud ofXwalkerX has much to be proud ofXwalkerX has much to be proud ofXwalkerX has much to be proud ofXwalkerX has much to be proud of

Old 03-08-2010, 02:59 PM
PAULUNM is a name known to allPAULUNM is a name known to allPAULUNM is a name known to allPAULUNM is a name known to allPAULUNM is a name known to allPAULUNM is a name known to all
I would've double layered the tape for a little extra protection from rocks

Old 03-08-2010, 02:59 PM

erik was getting hungry...

back on teh road.

home of john wayne...

accident that happened right in front of us...

mighty mississippi..

almost home!!!!

finally her new resting place...

Old 03-08-2010, 03:00 PM
and just a few more pics of how awesome this thing is...

ANDDDDD im spent!

Old 03-08-2010, 03:05 PM
JG GT500 is infamous around these parts
Cool

Nice ride! Sweet pics. . . sounds like a great journey there and back. That's a lot of blue tape! Did you put clear tape over the lights?

Edit: Is that OEM nav?

Enjoy it.

Old 03-08-2010, 03:11 PM
Administrator
GT3 Chuck Is a GOD !GT3 Chuck Is a GOD !GT3 Chuck Is a GOD !GT3 Chuck Is a GOD !GT3 Chuck Is a GOD !GT3 Chuck Is a GOD !GT3 Chuck Is a GOD !GT3 Chuck Is a GOD !GT3 Chuck Is a GOD !GT3 Chuck Is a GOD !GT3 Chuck Is a GOD !
hey, congrats...great story and photos...hope you get some great weather pretty soon so you can get out and enjoy

Old 03-08-2010, 03:13 PM
Former Vendor
Neil Switzer Is a GOD !Neil Switzer Is a GOD !Neil Switzer Is a GOD !Neil Switzer Is a GOD !Neil Switzer Is a GOD !Neil Switzer Is a GOD !Neil Switzer Is a GOD !Neil Switzer Is a GOD !Neil Switzer Is a GOD !Neil Switzer Is a GOD !Neil Switzer Is a GOD !
Looks great bud! You do know that you can get the tape in wider widths?

Let me know if I can help you with anything.

Old 03-08-2010, 03:16 PM
bradb1us has a reputation beyond reputebradb1us has a reputation beyond reputebradb1us has a reputation beyond reputebradb1us has a reputation beyond reputebradb1us has a reputation beyond reputebradb1us has a reputation beyond reputebradb1us has a reputation beyond reputebradb1us has a reputation beyond reputebradb1us has a reputation beyond reputebradb1us has a reputation beyond reputebradb1us has a reputation beyond repute
Awesome write-up, Chris!

I hope you enjoy the car...you just doubled the miles that have been put on it in the last year!! lol

Old 03-08-2010, 03:17 PM
bradb1us has a reputation beyond reputebradb1us has a reputation beyond reputebradb1us has a reputation beyond reputebradb1us has a reputation beyond reputebradb1us has a reputation beyond reputebradb1us has a reputation beyond reputebradb1us has a reputation beyond reputebradb1us has a reputation beyond reputebradb1us has a reputation beyond reputebradb1us has a reputation beyond reputebradb1us has a reputation beyond repute
Originally Posted by Neil Switzer
Looks great bud! You do know that you can get the tape in wider widths?

Let me know if I can help you with anything.
Lowes didn't have anything wider when I picked up the tape, unfortunately.

Old 03-08-2010, 03:45 PM
AWD
AWD has much to be proud ofAWD has much to be proud ofAWD has much to be proud ofAWD has much to be proud ofAWD has much to be proud ofAWD has much to be proud ofAWD has much to be proud ofAWD has much to be proud ofAWD has much to be proud ofAWD has much to be proud of
Thumbs up

Nice pickup!!
Gorgeous car!! And I love those TechArt wheels.....fits the car quite nicely.

Old 03-08-2010, 03:59 PM
alex55 Is a GOD !alex55 Is a GOD !alex55 Is a GOD !alex55 Is a GOD !alex55 Is a GOD !alex55 Is a GOD !alex55 Is a GOD !alex55 Is a GOD !alex55 Is a GOD !alex55 Is a GOD !alex55 Is a GOD !
congrats on the car enjoy it in good health and very nice road trip !

Old 03-08-2010, 04:03 PM
2muchtime has a reputation beyond repute2muchtime has a reputation beyond repute2muchtime has a reputation beyond repute2muchtime has a reputation beyond repute2muchtime has a reputation beyond repute2muchtime has a reputation beyond repute2muchtime has a reputation beyond repute2muchtime has a reputation beyond repute2muchtime has a reputation beyond repute2muchtime has a reputation beyond repute2muchtime has a reputation beyond repute
no tickets?

Old 03-08-2010, 04:07 PM
Blockhed Is a GOD !Blockhed Is a GOD !Blockhed Is a GOD !Blockhed Is a GOD !Blockhed Is a GOD !Blockhed Is a GOD !Blockhed Is a GOD !Blockhed Is a GOD !Blockhed Is a GOD !Blockhed Is a GOD !Blockhed Is a GOD !
30 rolls of tape is a good penny, that's crazy. My friend and i drove from NJ to SC and back with 2 hours of sleep on pure adrenaline. On our way back we encountered on turkey day traffic and some crazy movie fog, never again lol. Congrats.

Old 03-08-2010, 04:21 PM
ReeknHavic Is a GOD !ReeknHavic Is a GOD !ReeknHavic Is a GOD !ReeknHavic Is a GOD !ReeknHavic Is a GOD !ReeknHavic Is a GOD !ReeknHavic Is a GOD !ReeknHavic Is a GOD !ReeknHavic Is a GOD !ReeknHavic Is a GOD !ReeknHavic Is a GOD !
Guys, thanks for the laugh. I completed a road trip of my own almost two years ago when I bought my 02 996tt. Mine trip wasn't as long as yours. It was from Ohio to Kansas but still around 1300 miles. BTW, what you did was a good idea and I'm not laughing at you........just the car covered in tape. For some reason Post it Notes popped into my head when I saw your car. Did you get any strange looks or questions on your way?

PS: Love the car, that's the color combo I was looking for when I bought mine.

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: 30 hours, 2000 miles and 6 rolls of blue tape...