996 Turbo / GT2 Turbo discussion on previous model 2000-2005 Porsche 911 Twin Turbo and 911 GT2.

Protomotive Full install in the UK

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 03-08-2010, 05:38 PM
Basic Sponsor
markski@markskituning Is a GOD !markski@markskituning Is a GOD !markski@markskituning Is a GOD !markski@markskituning Is a GOD !markski@markskituning Is a GOD !markski@markskituning Is a GOD !markski@markskituning Is a GOD !markski@markskituning Is a GOD !markski@markskituning Is a GOD !markski@markskituning Is a GOD !markski@markskituning Is a GOD !
turn off the greddy and drive the car no boost for 50 miles.. just drive it around... then slowly put some boost and at 100 miles get in it still no greddy.... that will run 12 psi....
then take the car back in get it pressure tested from the turbos... drain the catch cans make sure oil is there.. actually do that after a warm start up before you drive for firt time...
before you leave the shop on a warm motor pressure test as well...
then again like I said after break in period..
then ur ready...

2001 996TT 3.6L and stock ECU
seconds @ 147.76 mph 1/4 mile
click to view
160 mph @ 9.77 seconds in 1/4 mile click to view
50% OFF ON PORSCHE ECU TUNING BLACK FRIDAY SPECIAL

Old 03-08-2010, 05:39 PM
P2P
P2P is a jewel in the roughP2P is a jewel in the roughP2P is a jewel in the roughP2P is a jewel in the rough
Thumbs up

Originally Posted by 996ttalot
That is what I keep telling myself every time the cash goes out the bank account to everyone involved. But if the car lives up to expectations that will be soon forgotten about.
Sure
I know it will be up to expectations coz of ur choice.

Old 03-08-2010, 05:53 PM
Neil A has much to be proud ofNeil A has much to be proud ofNeil A has much to be proud ofNeil A has much to be proud ofNeil A has much to be proud ofNeil A has much to be proud ofNeil A has much to be proud ofNeil A has much to be proud of
I know what you mean on my last car i changed brakes,engine,turbo,gearbox and both diffs in one hit to upgraded items.
Could you fire me across a pm with a price ofr the B6 coolers , im tempted to go K24/18g later this year so coolers will be on my shopping list.

Old 03-08-2010, 07:03 PM
robmd99 has a reputation beyond reputerobmd99 has a reputation beyond reputerobmd99 has a reputation beyond reputerobmd99 has a reputation beyond reputerobmd99 has a reputation beyond reputerobmd99 has a reputation beyond reputerobmd99 has a reputation beyond reputerobmd99 has a reputation beyond reputerobmd99 has a reputation beyond reputerobmd99 has a reputation beyond reputerobmd99 has a reputation beyond repute
Welcome to the Proto club. Todd has been tuning P cars forever so you are in good hands.
Robert

Old 03-09-2010, 12:43 PM
996ttalot has a reputation beyond repute996ttalot has a reputation beyond repute996ttalot has a reputation beyond repute996ttalot has a reputation beyond repute996ttalot has a reputation beyond repute996ttalot has a reputation beyond repute996ttalot has a reputation beyond repute996ttalot has a reputation beyond repute996ttalot has a reputation beyond repute996ttalot has a reputation beyond repute996ttalot has a reputation beyond repute
Originally Posted by MARKSKI@911tuning
turn off the greddy and drive the car no boost for 50 miles.. just drive it around... then slowly put some boost and at 100 miles get in it still no greddy.... that will run 12 psi....
then take the car back in get it pressure tested from the turbos... drain the catch cans make sure oil is there.. actually do that after a warm start up before you drive for firt time...
before you leave the shop on a warm motor pressure test as well...
then again like I said after break in period..
then ur ready...
Thanks Mark, that is what I was looking for.

So question for you - when I start turning the boost up etc set the low/high level, how can I tell when I am hitting the limit in terms of fueling (e.g. we run 99RON here so 95US). I have durametrics, so I can monitor, but not sure what I need to be looking at in terms of the right levels of AFR? I just don't want to turn the boost up to say 1.4/1.5 without being sure that the fueling is right. I can get hold of 103 race fuel here to run it.

Old 03-09-2010, 12:56 PM
Basic Sponsor
markski@markskituning Is a GOD !markski@markskituning Is a GOD !markski@markskituning Is a GOD !markski@markskituning Is a GOD !markski@markskituning Is a GOD !markski@markskituning Is a GOD !markski@markskituning Is a GOD !markski@markskituning Is a GOD !markski@markskituning Is a GOD !markski@markskituning Is a GOD !markski@markskituning Is a GOD !
Thanks Mark, that is what I was looking for.

So question for you - when I start turning the boost up etc set the low/high level, how can I tell when I am hitting the limit in terms of fueling (e.g. we run 99RON here so 95US). I have durametrics, so I can monitor, but not sure what I need to be looking at in terms of the right levels of AFR? I just don't want to turn the boost up to say 1.4/1.5 without being sure that the fueling is right. I can get hold of 103 race fuel here to run it.
when ur ready let me know...
you log :
rpm
load
boost of sensor...( idle is 780 about and at .8 bar it should be 1830.00 or so
oxygen sensor bank1 or 2 or both(actual values)-
on boost this number should be around .80 no matter what
boost setting... so even when u get on it first with the greddy OFF it will run .8 bar or so ...

before you get to high boost you have some work to do... so dont worry about 1.4 bar yet...

click to view

Old 03-09-2010, 01:55 PM
996ttalot has a reputation beyond repute996ttalot has a reputation beyond repute996ttalot has a reputation beyond repute996ttalot has a reputation beyond repute996ttalot has a reputation beyond repute996ttalot has a reputation beyond repute996ttalot has a reputation beyond repute996ttalot has a reputation beyond repute996ttalot has a reputation beyond repute996ttalot has a reputation beyond repute996ttalot has a reputation beyond repute
Originally Posted by Neil A
I know what you mean on my last car i changed brakes,engine,turbo,gearbox and both diffs in one hit to upgraded items.
Could you fire me across a pm with a price ofr the B6 coolers , im tempted to go K24/18g later this year so coolers will be on my shopping list.
Neil I cannot PM you yet. Contact me on PH through the other thread.

Old 03-09-2010, 02:03 PM
Powell Is a GOD !Powell Is a GOD !Powell Is a GOD !Powell Is a GOD !Powell Is a GOD !Powell Is a GOD !Powell Is a GOD !Powell Is a GOD !Powell Is a GOD !Powell Is a GOD !Powell Is a GOD !
Looks like a bad *** setup!

Make sure you do as Mark says. He's been around these cars forever and will not lead you in the wrong direction. He's helped me along the way for awhile even if I had stupid questions.

Old 03-09-2010, 02:17 PM
Basic Sponsor
Originally Posted by Powell
Looks like a bad *** setup!

Make sure you do as Mark says. He's been around these cars forever and will not lead you in the wrong direction. He's helped me along the way for awhile even if I had stupid questions.
LOl thanks... your one of the few lucky guys that actually got what they expected(if not more)... but that is due to a group of guys that got it right...
mark

click to view

Old 03-09-2010, 05:32 PM
P2P
P2P is a jewel in the roughP2P is a jewel in the roughP2P is a jewel in the roughP2P is a jewel in the rough
Originally Posted by MARKSKI@911tuning
LOl thanks... your one of the few lucky guys that actually got what they expected(if not more)... but that is due to a group of guys that got it right...
mark
This is what every one should know and think a lot before they take their Decision.

Old 03-09-2010, 05:46 PM
PAULIEWALNUTS Is a GOD !PAULIEWALNUTS Is a GOD !PAULIEWALNUTS Is a GOD !PAULIEWALNUTS Is a GOD !PAULIEWALNUTS Is a GOD !PAULIEWALNUTS Is a GOD !PAULIEWALNUTS Is a GOD !PAULIEWALNUTS Is a GOD !PAULIEWALNUTS Is a GOD !PAULIEWALNUTS Is a GOD !PAULIEWALNUTS Is a GOD !
Good luck on those way to narrow roads. Watch out for the on coming drivers,they like to play chicken with sports cars.

Old 03-09-2010, 05:49 PM
Blockhed Is a GOD !Blockhed Is a GOD !Blockhed Is a GOD !Blockhed Is a GOD !Blockhed Is a GOD !Blockhed Is a GOD !Blockhed Is a GOD !Blockhed Is a GOD !Blockhed Is a GOD !Blockhed Is a GOD !Blockhed Is a GOD !
This might be the same route I will go just still on the fence, ya ya I know Mark.

Old 03-16-2010, 10:41 AM
Install is almost complete now.

Did anyone who has the blow thru have to relocate the decklid fan, because the housing is stopping the decklid from closing - it seems to catch the top of the y-pipe + maf? Cannot shut the lid at the moment, yet the install looks the same as pictures I have seen.

Old 03-16-2010, 10:51 AM
Former Vendor
TPCRacing has a reputation beyond reputeTPCRacing has a reputation beyond reputeTPCRacing has a reputation beyond reputeTPCRacing has a reputation beyond reputeTPCRacing has a reputation beyond reputeTPCRacing has a reputation beyond reputeTPCRacing has a reputation beyond reputeTPCRacing has a reputation beyond reputeTPCRacing has a reputation beyond reputeTPCRacing has a reputation beyond reputeTPCRacing has a reputation beyond repute
Sounds like a great project, what do you think of the intercoolers?

Old 03-16-2010, 10:56 AM
Basic Sponsor
Install is almost complete now.

Did anyone who has the blow thru have to relocate the decklid fan, because the housing is stopping the decklid from closing - it seems to catch the top of the y-pipe + maf? Cannot shut the lid at the moment, yet the install looks the same as pictures I have seen.
Yes take it out.... you do not need it anymore as the air box is gone....

make sure the wiring harness to the maf clears the oil filter housing.... the car squats and that harness can hit the oil filter housing and eventually work its way breaking/lifting the maf housing... be carefull...

pressure test after break in period... dont get on it and datalog the afrs....

click to view

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: Protomotive Full install in the UK