996 Turbo / GT2 Turbo discussion on previous model 2000-2005 Porsche 911 Twin Turbo and 911 GT2.

Cargraphic Exhaust???

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 03-10-2010, 01:56 PM
GBXSport has a spectacular aura aboutGBXSport has a spectacular aura about
Cargraphic Exhaust???

hey guys. Found an amazing 996TT Cabrio w/ 2400 miles on it. Black w/ full leather tan interior, sport seats, Ruf wheels, sport shifter, X50, PCCB and aero. Car looks sick. Only thing i'm worried about is the cargraphic exhaust. What's the deal with these exhausts? From the pics, the tips stick out a bunch which i dont love, but other then that, hows the quality, performance, volume, etc.

Also, what price do you think a car w/ the above specs should demand. They are asking $79k.

Last edited by GBXSport; 03-10-2010 at 03:10 PM.
Old 03-10-2010, 02:17 PM
Former Vendor
Sales@RSS Is a GOD !Sales@RSS Is a GOD !Sales@RSS Is a GOD !Sales@RSS Is a GOD !Sales@RSS Is a GOD !Sales@RSS Is a GOD !Sales@RSS Is a GOD !Sales@RSS Is a GOD !Sales@RSS Is a GOD !Sales@RSS Is a GOD !Sales@RSS Is a GOD !
First, good luck with your Porsche search. Personally I think the asking price for this vehicle is too high but I'm sure some good negotiating could get it down to a more reasonable price. Second, Cargraphic - one of Germany's top tuning companies makes some very nice exhaust systems that you have nothing to worry about. You can see them at www.cargraphic.com. In regards to the tips sticking out too far, I have a feeling that the previous owner wanted it that way because there is enough adjustment to set them back farther which would look better.

The car most likely has the CARP96TETS (Super Sound Export Version) sport exhaust which is made very well and developed with RS-Tuning, has a great sound and tone (no droning even in a cab), 50% less backpressure, offers added HP/TQ (approx 25+ HP & 22+ Ft. lbs. TQ), 200 cell trimetal cats and weight savings over OE (11 lbs lighter than stock). The serial # is on the mufflers if you would like me to confirm which system the car has. If it has the CARP96TETR, that is the quieter version more popular in Germany and countries with sound rules and regs. Good luck.

Last edited by Sales@RSS; 03-10-2010 at 02:42 PM. Reason: info
Old 03-10-2010, 02:39 PM
alex55 Is a GOD !alex55 Is a GOD !alex55 Is a GOD !alex55 Is a GOD !alex55 Is a GOD !alex55 Is a GOD !alex55 Is a GOD !alex55 Is a GOD !alex55 Is a GOD !alex55 Is a GOD !alex55 Is a GOD !
Nice car and good exhaust and i am sure that you can negotiate on the price too, good luck !

sorry for the off topic, Bryan can you tell me what type of exhaust is the "Carp96tetr", is this the racing type ? Thanks !

Old 03-10-2010, 02:42 PM
wow. Great info! Thanks so much Bryan!!

Thoughts on a reasonable price for this car?

Old 03-10-2010, 02:46 PM
Former Vendor
Sales@RSS Is a GOD !Sales@RSS Is a GOD !Sales@RSS Is a GOD !Sales@RSS Is a GOD !Sales@RSS Is a GOD !Sales@RSS Is a GOD !Sales@RSS Is a GOD !Sales@RSS Is a GOD !Sales@RSS Is a GOD !Sales@RSS Is a GOD !Sales@RSS Is a GOD !
Originally Posted by alex55
Nice car and good exhaust and i am sure that you can negotiate on the price too, good luck !

sorry for the off topic, Bryan can you tell me what type of exhaust is the "Carp96tetr", is this the racing type ? Thanks !
Alex55, the CARP96TETR is the TUV Sound version which still offers improved performance gains but is much quieter than the CARP96TETS version. It's more of a medium tone. It is not the race exhaust. If you need any info on the race exhaust for 996 models, feel free to PM me.

Old 03-10-2010, 02:51 PM
Former Vendor
Originally Posted by GBXSport
wow. Great info! Thanks so much Bryan!!

Thoughts on a reasonable price for this car?
Hi GBXSport, no problem - my pleasure and if you get this car you should have no problem moving the tips in some so they don't stick out too far. In regards to a reasonable price for this car, hmmmm, I think you might get a variety of opinions. From what I've seen, even with this car being X50 and low miles with some upgrades, I think mid to high 60s is more like it, even less all depending . What year is the car? 2004?

Old 03-10-2010, 02:54 PM
Originally Posted by RSSbryan
Hi GBXSport, no problem - my pleasure and if you get this car you should have no problem moving the tips in some so they don't stick out too far. In regards to a reasonable price for this car, hmmmm, I think you might get a variety of opinions. From what I've seen, even with this car being X50 and low miles with some upgrades, I think mid to high 60s is more like it, even less all depending . What year is the car? 2004?
Yes, 2004.

Options:
  • Turbo Aerokit - Dealer Installed
  • Turbo Power Kit - X50
  • Ruf 19" Wheels
  • Cargraphic Exhaust & Tips
  • V1-Stealth Radar
  • Laser Echo Jammers
  • Turbo Aluminum Pedals
  • Leather Interior Package
  • Metal Door Sill Model Insignia
  • Porsche Crest in Headrest
  • Sport Shifter
  • Stainless Steel Exhaust Pipes
  • Thicker Steering Wheel
  • 6-Disc CD Changer
  • Belt Outlet Leather B Pillar
  • Ceramic Composite Brakes-PCCB
  • Clothes Hook Backrest Leather
  • Delete Cabriolet Hardtop Natural Brown Floor Mats
  • Electric Sport Seat Left Side
  • Fuse Box Cover in Leather
  • Heated Front Seats
  • Interior Light Surround Leathr
  • Key Pouch Interior Color Lthr
  • Lthr Sun Visors Lighted Mirror
  • Mirror Attachments Leather
  • PCM Package in Leather
  • Rear Center Console in Leather
  • Rear View Mirror in Leather
  • Seat Adjustment ***** Leather
  • Sport Seat Backs in Leather
  • Sport Seats w/Full Leather Int
  • Steering Clm Controls Leather
  • Steering Column in Leather
  • Storage Bin Lid W/Porsche Crst
  • Thicker Steering Wheel-Leather

Old 03-10-2010, 02:58 PM
Former Vendor
Yes, 2004.

Options:
  • Turbo Aerokit - Dealer Installed
  • Turbo Power Kit - X50
  • Ruf 19" Wheels
  • Cargraphic Exhaust & Tips
  • V1-Stealth Radar
  • Laser Echo Jammers
  • Turbo Aluminum Pedals
  • Leather Interior Package
  • Metal Door Sill Model Insignia
  • Porsche Crest in Headrest
  • Sport Shifter
  • Stainless Steel Exhaust Pipes
  • Thicker Steering Wheel
  • 6-Disc CD Changer
  • Belt Outlet Leather B Pillar
  • Ceramic Composite Brakes-PCCB
  • Clothes Hook Backrest Leather
  • Delete Cabriolet Hardtop Natural Brown Floor Mats
  • Electric Sport Seat Left Side
  • Fuse Box Cover in Leather
  • Heated Front Seats
  • Interior Light Surround Leathr
  • Key Pouch Interior Color Lthr
  • Lthr Sun Visors Lighted Mirror
  • Mirror Attachments Leather
  • PCM Package in Leather
  • Rear Center Console in Leather
  • Rear View Mirror in Leather
  • Seat Adjustment ***** Leather
  • Sport Seat Backs in Leather
  • Sport Seats w/Full Leather Int
  • Steering Clm Controls Leather
  • Steering Column in Leather
  • Storage Bin Lid W/Porsche Crst
  • Thicker Steering Wheel-Leather

Well it seems to have some nice options. Bottomline, I would try and negotiate a bit and make sure the car hasn't been crashed or drowned. If you like it - I say go for it regardless because life is short and you sure as heck don't die with your money..... I bet you can get them down some on price..... Have you driven it yet?

Old 03-10-2010, 03:12 PM
Well it seems to have some nice options. Bottomline, I would try and negotiate a bit and make sure the car hasn't been crashed or drowned. If you like it - I say go for it regardless because life is short and you sure as heck don't die with your money..... I bet you can get them down some on price..... Have you driven it yet?
no, just came across it today actually. I have a relationship with the dealership that's selling it, so we should be able to work something out. Next step...drive her!

-Jason

Old 03-10-2010, 03:41 PM
Former Vendor
no, just came across it today actually. I have a relationship with the dealership that's selling it, so we should be able to work something out. Next step...drive her!

-Jason

Jason, sounds like a perfect scenario if you're friends with the dealership.
Hopefully you will be able to strike a fair deal if you want the car as I'm sure they're motivated to sell it.
Let me know what you think after you drive it or post some more pics if you buy the sucker.
Enjoy the ride.
-Bryan

Old 03-11-2010, 07:56 AM
Jason, sounds like a perfect scenario if you're friends with the dealership.
Hopefully you will be able to strike a fair deal if you want the car as I'm sure they're motivated to sell it.
Let me know what you think after you drive it or post some more pics if you buy the sucker.
Enjoy the ride.
-Bryan
would only 2,400 miles usually call for a premium? I assume it must. If so, how much do you think?

Old 03-11-2010, 09:20 AM
Former Vendor
would only 2,400 miles usually call for a premium? I assume it must. If so, how much do you think?
I think depending on the dealer's situation, the low 2,400 miles would call for a small premium but the car is still 6 years old not to mention the situation with the economy. I have a feeling they will make a deal with you if you go in strategic mode - especially since you know them. Good luck - keep us updated.