996 Turbo / GT2 Turbo discussion on previous model 2000-2005 Porsche 911 Twin Turbo and 911 GT2.

And the count down till TX2K10 begins...

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 03-11-2010, 01:08 PM
Powell Is a GOD !Powell Is a GOD !Powell Is a GOD !Powell Is a GOD !Powell Is a GOD !Powell Is a GOD !Powell Is a GOD !Powell Is a GOD !Powell Is a GOD !Powell Is a GOD !Powell Is a GOD !
And the count down till TX2K10 begins...

A little over a week now till TX2K10 and I am starting to pull things together. First thing that I've been waiting a few weeks for is the FIRST (at least known to me) CCW Drag Pack for a 996TT. The wheels are 16's in the rear with a 315/45/16 MT Drag Radial and the fronts are 17's with a M&H Front Runner.

This is probably going to catch a lot of hate and flames, but I am a VERY big drag racing enthusiast. I don't like turns and stuff, not hating on them, just not for me. I know I didn't buy the right car for drag racing either, but I'm just having fun with it.

Next step is to do an entire overhaul of the car cleanliness wise, then time to pull the driveshaft for the TX2K10 events.

Justin N and I will be working on the standalone again here soon to get the 2-step or Anti-lag (depending on the 2 step building enough boost).

The plan is to run the drag racing event as RWD because I have to basically LOL! Then run the 60-130 in AWD just so I can bust Sean's ***!

Can't wait to see everyone there!

Old 03-11-2010, 01:32 PM
nanokpsi is a glorious beacon of lightnanokpsi is a glorious beacon of lightnanokpsi is a glorious beacon of lightnanokpsi is a glorious beacon of lightnanokpsi is a glorious beacon of lightnanokpsi is a glorious beacon of light
No hate form me. I bet it is going to look awesome!! I wish I could get up there this year, but I doubt I will be able to make it. I need to get to H-town or Austin next time you are around so I can go for a spin! I'll bribe you wiht some Crown! lol

-Nathan

Old 03-11-2010, 03:10 PM
Dr_jitsu Is a GOD !Dr_jitsu Is a GOD !Dr_jitsu Is a GOD !Dr_jitsu Is a GOD !Dr_jitsu Is a GOD !Dr_jitsu Is a GOD !Dr_jitsu Is a GOD !Dr_jitsu Is a GOD !Dr_jitsu Is a GOD !Dr_jitsu Is a GOD !Dr_jitsu Is a GOD !
Can't blame ya for going purpose built.....but remember, my car does turns as well.

My prep consist of 2 5 gallon drums of C 16.

I will give you my best at 1.5, maybe 1.6 bars in the 60-130.

Old 03-11-2010, 03:48 PM
RSS
RSS is a name known to allRSS is a name known to allRSS is a name known to allRSS is a name known to allRSS is a name known to allRSS is a name known to all
16" wheels clear the brakes okay?

Old 03-11-2010, 03:48 PM
BAD ASS TA WS6 is a glorious beacon of lightBAD ASS TA WS6 is a glorious beacon of lightBAD ASS TA WS6 is a glorious beacon of lightBAD ASS TA WS6 is a glorious beacon of lightBAD ASS TA WS6 is a glorious beacon of light
I can't wait to see it.... I expect a picture via phone as soon as them get mounted Chris.

Last edited by BAD ASS TA WS6; 03-11-2010 at 04:09 PM.
Old 03-11-2010, 04:07 PM
Hogapalooza has a reputation beyond reputeHogapalooza has a reputation beyond reputeHogapalooza has a reputation beyond reputeHogapalooza has a reputation beyond reputeHogapalooza has a reputation beyond reputeHogapalooza has a reputation beyond reputeHogapalooza has a reputation beyond reputeHogapalooza has a reputation beyond reputeHogapalooza has a reputation beyond reputeHogapalooza has a reputation beyond reputeHogapalooza has a reputation beyond repute
I got into cars because my older brother is a 1320 man. The Snake, Big Daddy Don, and Shirley Mo. I like the twist w/ the straights in between myself but the 1/4 mile is still the bench mark for HP & Speed! I hope you keep this thread updated.

Old 03-11-2010, 08:01 PM
UrbanHotrod Is a GOD !UrbanHotrod Is a GOD !UrbanHotrod Is a GOD !UrbanHotrod Is a GOD !UrbanHotrod Is a GOD !UrbanHotrod Is a GOD !UrbanHotrod Is a GOD !UrbanHotrod Is a GOD !UrbanHotrod Is a GOD !UrbanHotrod Is a GOD !UrbanHotrod Is a GOD !
Originally Posted by Powell
A little over a week now till TX2K10 and I am starting to pull things together. First thing that I've been waiting a few weeks for is the FIRST (at least known to me) CCW Drag Pack for a 996TT. The wheels are 16's in the rear with a 315/45/16 MT Drag Radial and the fronts are 17's with a M&H Front Runner.

This is probably going to catch a lot of hate and flames, but I am a VERY big drag racing enthusiast. I don't like turns and stuff, not hating on them, just not for me. I know I didn't buy the right car for drag racing either, but I'm just having fun with it.

Next step is to do an entire overhaul of the car cleanliness wise, then time to pull the driveshaft for the TX2K10 events.

Justin N and I will be working on the standalone again here soon to get the 2-step or Anti-lag (depending on the 2 step building enough boost).

The plan is to run the drag racing event as RWD because I have to basically LOL! Then run the 60-130 in AWD just so I can bust Sean's ***!

+1 Go get em Powell!

Old 03-11-2010, 08:22 PM
ant_8u Is a GOD !ant_8u Is a GOD !ant_8u Is a GOD !ant_8u Is a GOD !ant_8u Is a GOD !ant_8u Is a GOD !ant_8u Is a GOD !ant_8u Is a GOD !ant_8u Is a GOD !ant_8u Is a GOD !ant_8u Is a GOD !
I take it you've already checked the brake clearance?

Old 03-11-2010, 08:38 PM
Powell Is a GOD !Powell Is a GOD !Powell Is a GOD !Powell Is a GOD !Powell Is a GOD !Powell Is a GOD !Powell Is a GOD !Powell Is a GOD !Powell Is a GOD !Powell Is a GOD !Powell Is a GOD !
Originally Posted by ant_8u
I take it you've already checked the brake clearance?
John from CCW said they would fit, and he was damn right! I was amazed myself and scared when we first put them on. No rubbing on the brake calipers. The only problem is I need to raise the car up about 1/2" or so. The car is SUPER low as it sits right now so it doesn't help.

I'll see how clear my iPhone took a pic of them tonight. I'm going there tomorrow after work to get a good day light picture.

-Chris

Old 03-11-2010, 08:46 PM
ant_8u Is a GOD !ant_8u Is a GOD !ant_8u Is a GOD !ant_8u Is a GOD !ant_8u Is a GOD !ant_8u Is a GOD !ant_8u Is a GOD !ant_8u Is a GOD !ant_8u Is a GOD !ant_8u Is a GOD !ant_8u Is a GOD !
Cool
Good man

Old 03-11-2010, 08:56 PM
_Zac has a brilliant future_Zac has a brilliant future_Zac has a brilliant future_Zac has a brilliant future_Zac has a brilliant future_Zac has a brilliant future_Zac has a brilliant future_Zac has a brilliant future_Zac has a brilliant future_Zac has a brilliant future_Zac has a brilliant future
They look great Chris, can't wait to see them on the car. As far as times go I don't even care at this point, the car has already seriously passed my expectations.

Old 03-11-2010, 11:55 PM
unvmy996 Is a GOD !unvmy996 Is a GOD !unvmy996 Is a GOD !unvmy996 Is a GOD !unvmy996 Is a GOD !unvmy996 Is a GOD !unvmy996 Is a GOD !unvmy996 Is a GOD !unvmy996 Is a GOD !unvmy996 Is a GOD !unvmy996 Is a GOD !
Chris give them he'll bro I want to see you hive them hell!!

Old 03-12-2010, 12:41 AM
ReeknHavic Is a GOD !ReeknHavic Is a GOD !ReeknHavic Is a GOD !ReeknHavic Is a GOD !ReeknHavic Is a GOD !ReeknHavic Is a GOD !ReeknHavic Is a GOD !ReeknHavic Is a GOD !ReeknHavic Is a GOD !ReeknHavic Is a GOD !ReeknHavic Is a GOD !
Originally Posted by Powell

EXACTLY!! You hit the nail on the head with this statement Chris.

Old 03-12-2010, 07:13 AM
bmoores Is a GOD !bmoores Is a GOD !bmoores Is a GOD !bmoores Is a GOD !bmoores Is a GOD !bmoores Is a GOD !bmoores Is a GOD !bmoores Is a GOD !bmoores Is a GOD !bmoores Is a GOD !bmoores Is a GOD !
Good look brother. I bet it looks pretty mean with that setup on.

Old 03-12-2010, 07:23 AM
Steve Theodore Is a GOD !Steve Theodore Is a GOD !Steve Theodore Is a GOD !Steve Theodore Is a GOD !Steve Theodore Is a GOD !Steve Theodore Is a GOD !Steve Theodore Is a GOD !Steve Theodore Is a GOD !Steve Theodore Is a GOD !Steve Theodore Is a GOD !Steve Theodore Is a GOD !
Go get 'em Powell! I look forward to your results at TX2K!

I'll be keeping your motor in my thoughts by the way...need that girl to stay healthy throughout the event!

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: And the count down till TX2K10 begins...