996 Turbo / GT2 Turbo discussion on previous model 2000-2005 Porsche 911 Twin Turbo and 911 GT2.

Anyone know of 996 TTs not on the market yet?

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 03-12-2010, 01:45 PM
drjoe is a jewel in the roughdrjoe is a jewel in the roughdrjoe is a jewel in the roughdrjoe is a jewel in the rough
Originally Posted by dr_jitsu
i have a gt2 that will definitely never be on the market

x2...............

Old 03-12-2010, 01:46 PM
tbarcelo is a glorious beacon of lighttbarcelo is a glorious beacon of lighttbarcelo is a glorious beacon of lighttbarcelo is a glorious beacon of lighttbarcelo is a glorious beacon of light
Thanks for all of the inputs. I'll let you know when I find the one.

Old 03-12-2010, 01:55 PM
ttboost Is a GOD !ttboost Is a GOD !ttboost Is a GOD !ttboost Is a GOD !ttboost Is a GOD !ttboost Is a GOD !ttboost Is a GOD !ttboost Is a GOD !ttboost Is a GOD !ttboost Is a GOD !ttboost Is a GOD !
Originally Posted by secretvampire
Eh, it's not too crazy. I got a hit on a really nice one when I posted a similar thread last year from an owner that was considering selling his and hadn't posted it for sale anywhere. It was a hard decision, but in the end the one I wound up getting was from a Rennlister... it barely won out. Don't regret my decision though.
I was merely pointing out the humor of it, however I agree. I also am willing to sell my car, but not for $45k.

Old 03-12-2010, 02:00 PM
DJM
DJM is just really niceDJM is just really niceDJM is just really niceDJM is just really nice
I think you would easily find what you are looking for, if some guy came up to me off the street and offered me 45k I would take it and get a 997 TT. Good luck with your search

Old 03-12-2010, 02:07 PM
ttboost Is a GOD !ttboost Is a GOD !ttboost Is a GOD !ttboost Is a GOD !ttboost Is a GOD !ttboost Is a GOD !ttboost Is a GOD !ttboost Is a GOD !ttboost Is a GOD !ttboost Is a GOD !ttboost Is a GOD !
Originally Posted by DJM
I think you would easily find what you are looking for, if some guy came up to me off the street and offered me 45k I would take it and get a 997 TT. Good luck with your search
Even if you have $75k-$80k invested in it?

Old 03-12-2010, 02:14 PM
Hogapalooza has a reputation beyond reputeHogapalooza has a reputation beyond reputeHogapalooza has a reputation beyond reputeHogapalooza has a reputation beyond reputeHogapalooza has a reputation beyond reputeHogapalooza has a reputation beyond reputeHogapalooza has a reputation beyond reputeHogapalooza has a reputation beyond reputeHogapalooza has a reputation beyond reputeHogapalooza has a reputation beyond reputeHogapalooza has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by ttboost

Unfortunately, a investment ( like the stock market ) doesn’t always = a positive return on your investment. Most Mods are subjective to the buyer; they can live w/ or w/out them. Also, it tells some people you drove the heck out of the car. I see it a lot like a swimming pool, some people don't want it and take you off the list, others want it but don't want to add $ for it, so the real pay off is your enjoyment of it. Just remember, it’s only worth what some1 will pay for it.

Old 03-12-2010, 02:22 PM
Originally Posted by Hogapalooza

Unfortunately, a investment ( like the stock market ) doesn’t always = a positive return on your investment. Most Mods are subjective to the buyer; they can live w/ or w/out them. Also, it tells some people you drove the heck out of the car. I see it a lot like a swimming pool, some people don't want it and take you off the list, others want it but don't want to add $ for it, so the real pay off is your enjoyment of it. Just remember, it’s only worth what some1 will pay for it.

I agree and cars are NOT investments. I have lost plenty of money on plenty of cars, it just seems people are all too willing to throw away tens of thousands of dollars. If people weren't so eager to sell there cars (admittedly probably out of necessity), the market wouldn't be so bad. While I realize I will NEVER get all my money back, I choose to believe that someone would be willing to pay low to mid 50's for real nice modded car. Case in point, if and when I sell mine, I will buy someone else's heavily modded car later. Heavily modded cars don't scare me.

Old 03-12-2010, 02:28 PM
Hogapalooza has a reputation beyond reputeHogapalooza has a reputation beyond reputeHogapalooza has a reputation beyond reputeHogapalooza has a reputation beyond reputeHogapalooza has a reputation beyond reputeHogapalooza has a reputation beyond reputeHogapalooza has a reputation beyond reputeHogapalooza has a reputation beyond reputeHogapalooza has a reputation beyond reputeHogapalooza has a reputation beyond reputeHogapalooza has a reputation beyond repute
I agree and cars are NOT investments. I have lost plenty of money on plenty of cars, it just seems people are all too willing to throw away tens of thousands of dollars. If people weren't so eager to sell there cars (admittedly probably out of necessity), the market wouldn't be so bad. While I realize I will NEVER get all my money back, I choose to believe that someone would be willing to pay low to mid 50's for real nice modded car. Case in point, if and when I sell mine, I will buy someone else's heavily modded car later. Heavily modded cars don't scare me.
I think you are right, there is always a sale if the seller is willing to wait for the right buyer. Heck no offense meant in my post.

Old 03-12-2010, 02:30 PM
Originally Posted by Hogapalooza
I think you are right, there is always a sale if the seller is willing to wait for the right buyer. Heck no offense meant in my post.
Non taken. I've been hanging out on this fence for a long time now...For the right money, I would hand over my keys...and that number changes every day...

Old 03-12-2010, 02:35 PM
ShokWaveRider is a name known to allShokWaveRider is a name known to allShokWaveRider is a name known to allShokWaveRider is a name known to allShokWaveRider is a name known to allShokWaveRider is a name known to all
Originally Posted by leftlane
If you throw enough money at me my 01 996TT w/18k miles would be for sale. In fact, every single thing I own is for sale at the right price.
Ditto! Yes absolutely everything.... But mine is not in the running I guess as it is 2005, an S and only 6375.... miles. It certainly is not for sale until it's 1 minute from being sold.....

SWR

Last edited by ShokWaveRider; 03-12-2010 at 02:37 PM.
Old 03-12-2010, 02:51 PM
nanokpsi is a glorious beacon of lightnanokpsi is a glorious beacon of lightnanokpsi is a glorious beacon of lightnanokpsi is a glorious beacon of lightnanokpsi is a glorious beacon of lightnanokpsi is a glorious beacon of light
That is why it is best to save stock parts and do most of your own work. That way you can sell the mods on the used market, and sell the car at the lower price, as it will move faster. $ for mods is almost completely lost if left on a car on the used market. Everyone has different priorities when it comes to mods, and most people tend to piece meal it, instead of doing big packages all at once. This is more true to most people on the market for a used car. Plus, there are owners with modded cars who are just ready to move on and don't take the time/effort/expense to put the car to back to stock, and are ready to sell the car with mods for little to no premium.
It's a shame but it is what it is.

Old 03-12-2010, 03:31 PM
Originally Posted by nanokpsi
That is why it is best to save stock parts and do most of your own work. That way you can sell the mods on the used market, and sell the car at the lower price, as it will move faster. $ for mods is almost completely lost if left on a car on the used market. Everyone has different priorities when it comes to mods, and most people tend to piece meal it, instead of doing big packages all at once. This is more true to most people on the market for a used car. Plus, there are owners with modded cars who are just ready to move on and don't take the time/effort/expense to put the car to back to stock, and are ready to sell the car with mods for little to no premium.
It's a shame but it is what it is.
Again, I agree. I piece meal all my projects and I do all the work on my own car, now, except tuning. I have parted out and de-modded tons of cars from procharged vettes to Supras, to old Camaros, etc...Unfortunately I bought my Turbo when the prices were fairly good (yes I paid $55k for my car 2 years ago). Unfortunately with these cars, it seems they are worth close to the same with or without mods. I guess I am the exception as I have no problem giving someone what a car is worth and half of the mod costs, within reason. ie, my car is worth $45k-$50k depending where you look. If I have $15k-$20k in mods, are the mods not worth $7K-$10k on top of the car? To ME they are, it seems to others they are not. I usually try to buy a modded car, as I ALWAYS mod everything I buy. I'm not crying and I don't have to sell my car, everyone has their own threshhold of loss they are willing to accept.

Old 03-12-2010, 04:56 PM
JB Lifeguard Is a GOD !JB Lifeguard Is a GOD !JB Lifeguard Is a GOD !JB Lifeguard Is a GOD !JB Lifeguard Is a GOD !JB Lifeguard Is a GOD !JB Lifeguard Is a GOD !JB Lifeguard Is a GOD !JB Lifeguard Is a GOD !JB Lifeguard Is a GOD !JB Lifeguard Is a GOD !
http://philadelphia.craigslist.org/ctd/1639631190.html

he has 2 turbos. It is about 5 mi from me, so give me an excuse to drive over there and look at 'em.

JB

Old 03-12-2010, 05:19 PM
Dr_jitsu Is a GOD !Dr_jitsu Is a GOD !Dr_jitsu Is a GOD !Dr_jitsu Is a GOD !Dr_jitsu Is a GOD !Dr_jitsu Is a GOD !Dr_jitsu Is a GOD !Dr_jitsu Is a GOD !Dr_jitsu Is a GOD !Dr_jitsu Is a GOD !Dr_jitsu Is a GOD !
You can only expect to get 20 cents on the dollar for mods at best.

Cars are a terrible investment....but boy are they fun! The only way to get your moneys worth from your mods is to keep and drive your car.

I have probably gotten $50K worth of fun and memories from my car...well except for the disturbing memory of the Walnut in penny loafers and knee high socks.

I am paying a therapist big bucks to get that one out of my head

Old 03-12-2010, 06:49 PM
DJM
DJM is just really niceDJM is just really niceDJM is just really niceDJM is just really nice

I hear what you are saying but I have only owned my car for a year and bought when prices were pretty good, and I havent modded my car so I wouldnt have lost that much. I probably wouldnt sell it for 45k if I had 75-80k into, If I had gone down that road I would just keep the car and enjoy it.

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: Anyone know of 996 TTs not on the market yet?