996 Turbo / GT2 Turbo discussion on previous model 2000-2005 Porsche 911 Twin Turbo and 911 GT2.

Anyone know of 996 TTs not on the market yet?

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 03-12-2010, 07:28 PM
tbarcelo is a glorious beacon of lighttbarcelo is a glorious beacon of lighttbarcelo is a glorious beacon of lighttbarcelo is a glorious beacon of lighttbarcelo is a glorious beacon of light
JB,
Can you email me: trevor.barcelo at gmail.com

Thanks,
Trevor

Originally Posted by JB Lifeguard
http://philadelphia.craigslist.org/ctd/1639631190.html

he has 2 turbos. It is about 5 mi from me, so give me an excuse to drive over there and look at 'em.

JB

Old 03-12-2010, 08:41 PM
ExclusiveTT has a reputation beyond reputeExclusiveTT has a reputation beyond reputeExclusiveTT has a reputation beyond reputeExclusiveTT has a reputation beyond reputeExclusiveTT has a reputation beyond reputeExclusiveTT has a reputation beyond reputeExclusiveTT has a reputation beyond reputeExclusiveTT has a reputation beyond reputeExclusiveTT has a reputation beyond reputeExclusiveTT has a reputation beyond reputeExclusiveTT has a reputation beyond repute
I just sold my black on black 6sp 2003 TT with some minor upgrades for a ridiculous price... it started with a $3.... the new owner just drove away with it with his wife. I got about 6 angry phone calls from different people that didnt pull the trigger and give me a deposit when I asked them for one . Moral of the story, dont snooze or wait to steal the car if you really want it and its a good example. Its better to over pay by a grand or two and have the car, rather than miss out because of greed.

Old 03-13-2010, 05:05 AM
tbarcelo is a glorious beacon of lighttbarcelo is a glorious beacon of lighttbarcelo is a glorious beacon of lighttbarcelo is a glorious beacon of lighttbarcelo is a glorious beacon of light
Exclusive TT - which car was your's?

Old 03-13-2010, 05:45 AM
Blockhed Is a GOD !Blockhed Is a GOD !Blockhed Is a GOD !Blockhed Is a GOD !Blockhed Is a GOD !Blockhed Is a GOD !Blockhed Is a GOD !Blockhed Is a GOD !Blockhed Is a GOD !Blockhed Is a GOD !Blockhed Is a GOD !
When I was searching I found a Lapis Blue 02, stock with 40k miles and tires worn to hell. The owner wanted 45 and wouldnt budge, I passed found a 02 blk/blk with 24k miles with mods for 47. I love my car and even if someone came up to me and gave me 50 I don't think I'd sell simply because I know down the road these will pick up in price and it's my 1st p-car.

Old 03-13-2010, 07:43 AM
Durango Kid has a spectacular aura aboutDurango Kid has a spectacular aura about
Amen

Originally Posted by ExclusiveTT
Moral of the story, dont snooze or wait to steal the car if you really want it and its a good example. Its better to over pay by a grand or two and have the car, rather than miss out because of greed.
I am kicking myself everyday for letting a pristine '01 Seal Grey with 22,000 miles get away @ $42k. Now I'm just trying to find a comparable car, I had it in my hands and let it slip away. 10 miles from my house, ugh. Stupid me.

Now the test is to be patient and to not jump on the first car that reminds of that beauty.

Old 03-13-2010, 12:18 PM
RudyTT is a splendid one to beholdRudyTT is a splendid one to beholdRudyTT is a splendid one to beholdRudyTT is a splendid one to beholdRudyTT is a splendid one to beholdRudyTT is a splendid one to behold
I probably have it worst. I have the funds ready and have seen a couple of cars that I would buy in an instant, but for the fact that I am currently working overseas and won't be back in the States for another 36 days.

I don't think most sellers would agree to a deposit in exchange for holding the car for a month. So I am left hoping some of the cars I have my eyes on will still be for sale next month or perhaps other qualified cars will pop up closer to my return date.

I should probably stop looking at for sale ads until a few days before I board the plane.

Old 03-13-2010, 07:43 PM
BLKMGK Is a GOD !BLKMGK Is a GOD !BLKMGK Is a GOD !BLKMGK Is a GOD !BLKMGK Is a GOD !BLKMGK Is a GOD !BLKMGK Is a GOD !BLKMGK Is a GOD !BLKMGK Is a GOD !BLKMGK Is a GOD !BLKMGK Is a GOD !
Originally Posted by RudyTT
I probably have it worst. I have the funds ready and have seen a couple of cars that I would buy in an instant, but for the fact that I am currently working overseas and won't be back in the States for another 36 days.

I don't think most sellers would agree to a deposit in exchange for holding the car for a month. So I am left hoping some of the cars I have my eyes on will still be for sale next month or perhaps other qualified cars will pop up closer to my return date.

I should probably stop looking at for sale ads until a few days before I board the plane.
and stop looking about 5mins after you buy a car too! Honestly I'd be driving Jusinn's car if I hadn't bought mine!

Old 03-13-2010, 07:55 PM
PAULUNM is a name known to allPAULUNM is a name known to allPAULUNM is a name known to allPAULUNM is a name known to allPAULUNM is a name known to allPAULUNM is a name known to all
I looked at a lot of 02+ cars that were around 39-41k. All of them had either paintwork or 2nd gear popout (and 50k plus miles).

I found my 22k mile car, paid a bit more, but finding a pristine example was worth a few extra grand.

Old 03-13-2010, 09:02 PM
XwalkerX has much to be proud ofXwalkerX has much to be proud ofXwalkerX has much to be proud ofXwalkerX has much to be proud ofXwalkerX has much to be proud ofXwalkerX has much to be proud ofXwalkerX has much to be proud ofXwalkerX has much to be proud of
Originally Posted by tbarcelo
my first test drive was in a one-owner seal grey 2002 X50 with 49k miles in Hopkinton, MA; he ended up taking $44.5k for the car. I wish I had a do-over

oh man i lusted over that car in the worst way. i wish i was in a position to buy when i found it...

Old 03-14-2010, 12:23 AM
ExclusiveTT has a reputation beyond reputeExclusiveTT has a reputation beyond reputeExclusiveTT has a reputation beyond reputeExclusiveTT has a reputation beyond reputeExclusiveTT has a reputation beyond reputeExclusiveTT has a reputation beyond reputeExclusiveTT has a reputation beyond reputeExclusiveTT has a reputation beyond reputeExclusiveTT has a reputation beyond reputeExclusiveTT has a reputation beyond reputeExclusiveTT has a reputation beyond repute

Usually, sellers dont have an issue with this if you puyt down a larger deposit...

Old 03-14-2010, 05:39 AM
acf
acf is a splendid one to beholdacf is a splendid one to beholdacf is a splendid one to beholdacf is a splendid one to beholdacf is a splendid one to beholdacf is a splendid one to beholdacf is a splendid one to behold
Sup Rudy! What kind of turbo are you looking for? How's the s2?

Old 03-14-2010, 07:42 AM
Basic Sponsor
PrecisionPorsch Is a GOD !PrecisionPorsch Is a GOD !PrecisionPorsch Is a GOD !PrecisionPorsch Is a GOD !PrecisionPorsch Is a GOD !PrecisionPorsch Is a GOD !PrecisionPorsch Is a GOD !PrecisionPorsch Is a GOD !PrecisionPorsch Is a GOD !PrecisionPorsch Is a GOD !PrecisionPorsch Is a GOD !

Rudy,

I would consider taking a despoit and holding onto mine for you That way it will give me time for my new set of wheels from Adv1 to come in.

LMK if you're interested

https://www.6speedonline.com/forums/...-upgrades.html

I guess it also all depends on the size of the deposit.

Old 03-14-2010, 08:28 AM
ShokWaveRider is a name known to allShokWaveRider is a name known to allShokWaveRider is a name known to allShokWaveRider is a name known to allShokWaveRider is a name known to allShokWaveRider is a name known to all
I do not completely agree with the Mods argument, that no mods are better. Someone would be silly not to get a car because it has a better Exhaust and Upgraded cats Updated DVs etc. I DO however agree that radical mods would scare me off.

SWR

Old 03-14-2010, 08:32 AM
RudyTT is a splendid one to beholdRudyTT is a splendid one to beholdRudyTT is a splendid one to beholdRudyTT is a splendid one to beholdRudyTT is a splendid one to beholdRudyTT is a splendid one to behold
Originally Posted by aaronchanfilms
Sup Rudy! What kind of turbo are you looking for? How's the s2?
Hey Aaron, long time not chat, hope all is well! I sold the S2k last year, I finally realized it didn't make sense keeping a car I wasn't driving, that and my parents ultimately got sick of having to start the car and drive it around the block few times per month for me Guess I need to update my sig.

I am looking for a X50 car with mild mods (flash, exhaust, etc.) or one with K24/18g turbos. Aerokit or GT2 bumper/decklid a plus. Below 45k miles, but don't need a low mileage garage queen since it will be my DD. Color preference: gray (Seal or Slate), white or silver (Arctic, Meridian, Polar, etc.). Budget of up to $53k for the right car.

If you know anyone contemplating selling their Turbo that fits the above description and can hold the car until 4/20 (for a deposit, obviously) send him/her my way, I'll be forever grateful

Old 03-14-2010, 08:49 AM
Originally Posted by PrecisionPorsch
Rudy,

I would consider taking a despoit and holding onto mine for you That way it will give me time for my new set of wheels from Adv1 to come in.

LMK if you're interested

https://www.6speedonline.com/forums/...-upgrades.html

I guess it also all depends on the size of the deposit.
Thanks for the offer. You have an awesome looking Turbo. Too bad I don't think I can own another black car if I want to keep my sanity. Had a black Supra Turbo years ago. Black car + living in a high dust area + being obsessive compulsive about having a clean car meant I had to wash that thing almost daily.

Thanks again for the offer and good luck with selling your car.

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: Anyone know of 996 TTs not on the market yet?