996 Turbo / GT2 Turbo discussion on previous model 2000-2005 Porsche 911 Twin Turbo and 911 GT2.

Anyone know of 996 TTs not on the market yet?

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 03-12-2010, 08:47 AM
tbarcelo is a glorious beacon of lighttbarcelo is a glorious beacon of lighttbarcelo is a glorious beacon of lighttbarcelo is a glorious beacon of lighttbarcelo is a glorious beacon of light
Anyone know of 996 TTs not on the market yet?

Here's my wishlist:

Price range: Low to mid-40s

Years: 2001 - 2003 (2004 only precluded based on price)

Exterior Colors: Anything but yellow or white. Prefer guards red, black, and grey, but would also consider blue and silver.

Interior colors: Not as strong a preference, but I've seen some funky yellow-ish, red-ish interiors that I don't like.

Mileage: <45k ideal, up to 50k okay.

Must-have options: Manual transmission.

Nice-to-have options:

1. Heated seats
2. Sport seats (while not a complete deal breaker, I would prefer to not have the supple option)
3. Modest modifications (aftermarket exhaust, chip, minor suspension)
4. Upgraded wheels
5. X50 (probably out of my price range, but you never know - my first test drive was in a one-owner seal grey 2002 X50 with 49k miles in Hopkinton, MA; he ended up taking $44.5k for the car. I wish I had a do-over

I know some of you will consider my price range way too low, but I know of several extremely clean cars that have sold in this price range or just outside of it (several on this list; see example #5; also, I watched an extraordinarily kept '03 with a great option / feature list go for $48.7k just a month ago - there are other examples, as well). I'm willing to be patient and have been searching 6speedonline, craigslist, eBay, autotrader, and cars.com. However, it never hurts to find an inside angle.

Thanks,
Trevor

Old 03-12-2010, 08:58 AM
robertp has much to be proud ofrobertp has much to be proud ofrobertp has much to be proud ofrobertp has much to be proud ofrobertp has much to be proud ofrobertp has much to be proud ofrobertp has much to be proud ofrobertp has much to be proud of
Good luck with that one.

Old 03-12-2010, 10:07 AM
NOLA911 Is a GOD !NOLA911 Is a GOD !NOLA911 Is a GOD !NOLA911 Is a GOD !NOLA911 Is a GOD !NOLA911 Is a GOD !NOLA911 Is a GOD !NOLA911 Is a GOD !NOLA911 Is a GOD !NOLA911 Is a GOD !NOLA911 Is a GOD !
You can buy them all day long for mid 40s. Look at the auction prices, they are mid 30s for excellent.

1 minute of searching yields the following- all with mods. MAny more on autorader / cars.com

https://www.6speedonline.com/forums/...36k-miles.html

https://www.6speedonline.com/forums/...21k-miles.html

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/2001-...item2559571ffc

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/2002-...item414db40c97

Old 03-12-2010, 11:02 AM
tbarcelo is a glorious beacon of lighttbarcelo is a glorious beacon of lighttbarcelo is a glorious beacon of lighttbarcelo is a glorious beacon of lighttbarcelo is a glorious beacon of light
NOLA911,

Thanks for the input. I know all of those cars. The first, third and fourth are all automatics, and I've been in touch with the owner of the second. I am pretty familiar with every 996 TT on the common sites. I'm looking for something that isn't listed yet or is not on 6speedonline, eBay, autotrader, craigslist or cars.com.

Thanks for the reply, though.

Regards,
Trevor

Old 03-12-2010, 11:11 AM
ttboost Is a GOD !ttboost Is a GOD !ttboost Is a GOD !ttboost Is a GOD !ttboost Is a GOD !ttboost Is a GOD !ttboost Is a GOD !ttboost Is a GOD !ttboost Is a GOD !ttboost Is a GOD !ttboost Is a GOD !
So your looking for one that is for sale, but no one knows it's for sale yet, including the owner?

Old 03-12-2010, 11:17 AM
leftlane has a reputation beyond reputeleftlane has a reputation beyond reputeleftlane has a reputation beyond reputeleftlane has a reputation beyond reputeleftlane has a reputation beyond reputeleftlane has a reputation beyond reputeleftlane has a reputation beyond reputeleftlane has a reputation beyond reputeleftlane has a reputation beyond reputeleftlane has a reputation beyond reputeleftlane has a reputation beyond repute
If you throw enough money at me my 01 996TT w/18k miles would be for sale. In fact, every single thing I own is for sale at the right price.

Old 03-12-2010, 11:38 AM
Dr_jitsu Is a GOD !Dr_jitsu Is a GOD !Dr_jitsu Is a GOD !Dr_jitsu Is a GOD !Dr_jitsu Is a GOD !Dr_jitsu Is a GOD !Dr_jitsu Is a GOD !Dr_jitsu Is a GOD !Dr_jitsu Is a GOD !Dr_jitsu Is a GOD !Dr_jitsu Is a GOD !
That second one is exactly what you are looking for. If there are no undisclosed issues, what are you waiting for?

Old 03-12-2010, 11:59 AM
Former Vendor
Fabryce@GMGRacing Is a GOD !Fabryce@GMGRacing Is a GOD !Fabryce@GMGRacing Is a GOD !Fabryce@GMGRacing Is a GOD !Fabryce@GMGRacing Is a GOD !Fabryce@GMGRacing Is a GOD !Fabryce@GMGRacing Is a GOD !Fabryce@GMGRacing Is a GOD !Fabryce@GMGRacing Is a GOD !Fabryce@GMGRacing Is a GOD !Fabryce@GMGRacing Is a GOD !
I have a client with a flawless 2003 GT2 that he is considering selling..

Old 03-12-2010, 12:16 PM
Hogapalooza has a reputation beyond reputeHogapalooza has a reputation beyond reputeHogapalooza has a reputation beyond reputeHogapalooza has a reputation beyond reputeHogapalooza has a reputation beyond reputeHogapalooza has a reputation beyond reputeHogapalooza has a reputation beyond reputeHogapalooza has a reputation beyond reputeHogapalooza has a reputation beyond reputeHogapalooza has a reputation beyond reputeHogapalooza has a reputation beyond repute
Mines not on the Market yet.

Probably won't be for a LONG time!

Old 03-12-2010, 01:05 PM
ttboost Is a GOD !ttboost Is a GOD !ttboost Is a GOD !ttboost Is a GOD !ttboost Is a GOD !ttboost Is a GOD !ttboost Is a GOD !ttboost Is a GOD !ttboost Is a GOD !ttboost Is a GOD !ttboost Is a GOD !
Originally Posted by Fabryce@GMGRacing
Low to mid 40's? That's what the OP is looking to spend?

Old 03-12-2010, 01:16 PM
Dr_jitsu Is a GOD !Dr_jitsu Is a GOD !Dr_jitsu Is a GOD !Dr_jitsu Is a GOD !Dr_jitsu Is a GOD !Dr_jitsu Is a GOD !Dr_jitsu Is a GOD !Dr_jitsu Is a GOD !Dr_jitsu Is a GOD !Dr_jitsu Is a GOD !Dr_jitsu Is a GOD !
Originally Posted by Fabryce@GMGRacing

I have a GT2 that is definitely not on the market

Old 03-12-2010, 01:26 PM
cohenfive has much to be proud ofcohenfive has much to be proud ofcohenfive has much to be proud ofcohenfive has much to be proud ofcohenfive has much to be proud ofcohenfive has much to be proud ofcohenfive has much to be proud ofcohenfive has much to be proud ofcohenfive has much to be proud of
i think the op's price point is basically right on target from what i have seen trade of late. something in the $40's will get you a lot of car...but i doubt a gt2 is in the picture, as there would be a looooong line of buyers if it were in the range.

Old 03-12-2010, 01:35 PM
awdbiturbo1 has a brilliant futureawdbiturbo1 has a brilliant futureawdbiturbo1 has a brilliant futureawdbiturbo1 has a brilliant futureawdbiturbo1 has a brilliant futureawdbiturbo1 has a brilliant futureawdbiturbo1 has a brilliant futureawdbiturbo1 has a brilliant futureawdbiturbo1 has a brilliant futureawdbiturbo1 has a brilliant futureawdbiturbo1 has a brilliant future
Hi Fellow MA 'er! I'm in Leominster MA and am looking or pretty much the same thing for the same price...Goodluck and let me know what you find.

And ttboost that thing i told you about will NOT keep me down!!

Old 03-12-2010, 01:42 PM
Originally Posted by awdbiturbo1
Hi Fellow MA 'er! I'm in Leominster MA and am looking or pretty much the same thing for the same price...Goodluck and let me know what you find.

And ttboost that thing i told you about will NOT keep me down!!
Good news brotha!!!

Old 03-12-2010, 01:43 PM
secretvampire is infamous around these parts
So your looking for one that is for sale, but no one knows it's for sale yet, including the owner?
Eh, it's not too crazy. I got a hit on a really nice one when I posted a similar thread last year from an owner that was considering selling his and hadn't posted it for sale anywhere. It was a hard decision, but in the end the one I wound up getting was from a Rennlister... it barely won out. Don't regret my decision though.

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: Anyone know of 996 TTs not on the market yet?